1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCFeaturesEditor. Show BDCFeaturesEditor's posts

Do you pay more to feed your pet organic food?

Marketed as a healthier, more nutritious alternative, some premium dog and cat cuisine has gone the Whole Foods route. Read the story.

Do you pay more to feed your pet organic food?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cringle22. Show cringle22's posts

Re: Do you pay more to give your pet organic food?

You can laugh all you want at people buying organic food for their pets, and themselves.

just know that the joke may well be on you down the road

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Just use a little common sense...
     http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com

My current favorites for dog food are: Wellness Simple (dog with allergies) and Solid Gold, Barking at the Moon,  for my new guy :)   

Wellness Core is another one I like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from madgrace81. Show madgrace81's posts

No I have 3 kids to raise up. Why I spend on pets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I found the information at this site helpful, so, I thought I woud share.

http://www.homeovet.net/content/lifestyle/section1.html

Excerpts (out of context) from above link:

"Commercial pet foods, whether dry, canned, or soft-moist, are highly processed convenience foods, and that convenience usually carries a high price in terms of nutritional quality. Nearly all of them use inexpensive poor quality protein sources, such as diseased meat and organs condemned for human consumption. Most are laced with preservatives and food coloring. Canned foods have high levels of lead, dry foods have rancid fat, and soft-moist foods contain up to 25% sugar. Even the best commercial pet foods are highly processed and thoroughly cooked, so there are no fresh or raw foods in the diet. This also destroys many of the vitamins, which are added at low levels to begin with. Commercial pet foods bear little or no resemblance to the diets that dogs or cats would naturally choose for themselves in the wild."

"First of all, feed one of the better quality commercial foods, such as Wysong, NaturaLife, Nature's Recipe (not the non-meat kibble), PetGuard, Solid Gold or Cornucopia. In general, canned foods are best, and, for dogs, can be combined with dry kibble. Cats should be fed canned food only. Never feed soft-moist foods, or dry kibbles that contain 'bits' of spongy junk food."