Do you think pets should be banned from drivers' laps?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Do you think pets should be banned from drivers' laps?

A lawmaker in Rhode Island wants to pass a law to stop motorists from driving with dogs in their laps.

Here is the story:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rhode-island/2013/01/23/lawmaker-wants-ban-pets-from-drivers-laps/EAmK7OVGOADKBD3NiAgJcL/story.html

What do you think? Should there be a law against this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Do you think pets should be banned from drivers' laps?

Yes...

No-brainer,  same thing as texting, putting on makeup etc while driving.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I thought there was already a law banning this in MA.  Anyway, no way should a dog be on a driver's lap, no matter what size it is.  Not only is it distracting, but the dog can also get in the way of the wheel.  This should be common sense, but unfortunately it's not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it's sad that we need to legislate common sense to protect the general populace from complete morons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from baierouge. Show baierouge's posts

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

A lawmaker in Rhode Island wants to pass a law to stop motorists from driving with dogs in their laps.

Here is the story:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rhode-island/2013/01/23/lawmaker-wants-ban-pets-from-drivers-laps/EAmK7OVGOADKBD3NiAgJcL/story.html

What do you think? Should there be a law against this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from baierouge. Show baierouge's posts

I think people that chose to drive with Fido/Fifi on their lap are going to be more concerned about their pet should an emergency arise, rather than being focussed on driving safely. 

What about when the pet jumps out of the car?  I don't want to be in my car behind that driver.

Keep the pooch at home.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Yes, just like cell phones, sadly some people don't realize how distracting it is until it's too late.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonjumperjones. Show jasonjumperjones's posts

It's pretty dumb to be driving around with a pet on your lap.  It's distracting and the pet can easily be killed by an airbag if you get in an accident, for two reasons.  Why this needs to be legislated speaks volumes about the general idiocy, that exists in America

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1852423. Show user_1852423's posts

No need... there has been a law on the books for years called distracted driver.  You are not legally allow to light a cig when you drive in Mass.  We don't need another law, just current ones enforced.  

My ex was yelled at by a cop in Mansfield Ma , while he in the car, parked and our 85 lb dog sat in the passenger seat.  Cop said dog was blocking his view... Ex responded wife is bigger than dog and she sits there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

I think it's sad that we need to legislate common sense to protect the general populace from complete morons.

I agree..!