1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Dog beds

Anyone have a recommendation for a dog bed thats difficult to destroy yet comfy? 

Looking for a second bed for my dog.  She has an LL Bean one that's great and has lasted a few months (the first three cheapies we tried were destroyed within hours).  I am debating getting another one of the same,  but thought maybe she'd like a little variety. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Dog beds

Gracie has had her L. L. Bean bed since the day we got her, June 31, 2009.  I've washed the cover a few times, she naps on it every day, and there's not a mark of wear on it.  Although, I must add that she uses it with a wool blanket over it because she doesn't care for the feel of the denim one bit.

Her other dog beds, the cushioned fleece ones from dog.com, she didn't destroy them, per se, because she never chewed them, but they don't hold up as long.  They last long enough to get your money's worth, though, I guess; they aren't super expensive.  They mat down and come apart at the seams after about 6 - 9 months of biweekly washing.  I use those in her crate.  They would NOT survive chewing. 

What about those canvas beds with aluminum tubing that get the dog off the floor?  They sell them at dog.com, I think, and it seems to me they mention they are good for chewers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

My dog doesn't chew her bed, so I can't help with durability, we just have a bed from Petco.  I keep getting Orvis catalogs and have seen their toughchew line, they're pretty expensive but if they're that strong maybe they're worth it.  Anyone else have one of these that can chime in? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks for the suggestions!  She doesn't chew her bed that much anymore since she'd chew them primarily when we weren't at home.  Now that she's in her crate while we're out I have higher hopes for dog beds.  We actually invested in the LL Bean one just around the time we started crating her and its in perfect condition, but I still think a strong durable bed is the way to go with her in case she gets motivated again.

Actually, anyone have suggestions for a crate pad she can't destroy as well?.... we just use old towels now and end up tossing the remnants every week or so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't recommend him, per se, since I've never ordered anything myself, but if I were looking for a chew-resistant crate pad, I'd get a fabric sample from here.

Cushion Guy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great!  And, for $29, it's a good one to use while you're not sure if she'll chew it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Kuranda makes a bed that is indestructible.

http://kuranda.com/

It's pricey but it's a real nice, tough bed. 

If your dog sheds, go with the 40oz vinyl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from catb. Show catb's posts

Frontgate.com has nice dog beds that are very durable.  Not sure if they have a chew-proof one, but I have been very happy with the quality of their beds, washability, durability, compared to pet store beds.  But my dogs aren't chewers.

Sections
Shortcuts