1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Dog eating earthworms?

OMG, he's all grown up and still as adorable as ever!  Yup, Gracie had knee surgery on June 6, and it sure did put a damper on the summer (you can see her drama in the cruciate ligament thread in Pets for gross details), but overall it's been OK.  We started taking her out on jaunts (using the pet ramp to get in and out of the car) a couple of weeks ago, and she's been off leash on our property for that time, too.

Here's a recent photo of her in the life jacket we got her for water therapy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from minipup. Show minipup's posts

How precious! Cooper is afraid of the water!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov's dog, Jax, was afraid (or at least not happy about) the water until she recently tried a life jacket.  He has taken to the water like a duck since they purchased it!  If you want to take Cooper for a swim, give it a whirl.  They aren't very expensive at Petco for a smaller dog.  We spent a lot on Gracie's so we could lift her by the handle in and out of the boat to avoid injuring her knee, but if Nov's experience is any indication you don't need to do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

you can lift gracie by the handle -- i can't lift emma for the life of me -- she loves swimming though - but the hose for a rinse off or the bath is a another story

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, gracious, I can't lift her by the handle - that's DH's job!  He can sling her around like a sack of potatoes, lol.  Gracie is the same way as Emma - she loves to swim, but a bath or hose off is another story entirely.  I even use nice, warm, water out of the hose (the huge coil heats in the sun and gives warm water for about 15 minutes).

Sections
Shortcuts