1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Ear Infection? Ear Mites? Ear wax?

Okay..so you just googled it..no problem..you don't have to answer my question. I just want the OP and anyone else reading the thread to understand that when they are weighing an opinion or advice in an online forum that they know who has actually used what they recommend ( Like Kar) and who has just googled another Petco product.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Of course I've used the product and I explained all that in detail in my first post in this thread!

You people are so silly and transparent, trying to pick a fight with me!! Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Ear Infection? Ear Mites? Ear wax?:
    [QUOTE]Of course I've used the product and I explained all that in detail in my first post in this thread!  You people are so silly and transparent, trying to pick a fight with me!! 
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]
    See..? That wasn't so  difficult was it..? All you had to do was say..please see my first post in this thread..there was no need to get defensive.
    Now the OP has a couple of options to choose from. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

So, maybe some of you should read all the posts before you comment next time.  That wouldn't be too difficult,  now would it! 

And I have to learn to ignore comments that don't make sense!   

PS: Cricket, just curious , why are you speaking to me like I'm ten years old!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruthcatrin. Show ruthcatrin's posts

[QUOTE]So, maybe some of you should read all the posts before you comment next time.  That wouldn't be too difficult,  now would it!     And I have to learn to ignore comments that don't make sense!                  PS: Cricket, just curious , why are you speaking to me like I'm ten years old!
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]

I didn't catch that your link was to the same product you'd talked about in your first post either, basic courtesy would have been to just point out that it was the same product you'd said you'd been using instead of being extreamly overly defensive when someone asked for clarification.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

totally off topic, but i must say that i would not take advise from you since i read on another forum that you have no problem with Mitt Romney strapping his dog's carrier to the top of a car and travelling for a long distance and when the dog had a problem with pooping he sprayed it with a hose on the top of the car and continued on the trip with the dog still strapped to the top of the car -- that is no way to treat an animal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Yikes Dog Lady..I had no idea you were so defensive...geez..take a breath and stop taking the online world so seriously. Ruth is right..an adult would have just referred me to her first post. Not all of us sit reading every comment all day. Most people just go back a couple of comments .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Lukeseeri58 -- just to be clear, who supported Mitt Romney strapping the carrier on top of the car?  Which forum??  OMG!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]Lukeseeri58 -- just to be clear, who supported Mitt Romney strapping the carrier on top of the car?  Which forum??  OMG!
    Posted by Amethyst2[/QUOTE]
    It wasn't me..that's for sure...!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lukes, how is Emma?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

you know, dog-lady, for someone who loves to rebut comments and post links like crazy to argue with other posters, you certainly are a bit defensive.

If your personal opinion is so dear to you that you cannot stand to have other people question it, you really shouldn't be posting on message boards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

We took our girl to the vet today. She was still very itchy ear wise and we were worrried. They told us she has an ear infection, though the exam was so short that I wasn't sure how they figured it out. At any rate, they gave us antibiotic drops and told us that "deep"  cleaning (with drops) has to be done weekly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's exactly what kept happening to Gracie before we started using the tea tree oil cleanser.  The vet cleanser (not the antibiotic) didn't work to prevent infections - it didn't do a dammed thing!  I hope you'll order the tea tree oil cleanser and not bother with the junk cleanser they sold you if I might be so bold.  We fooled around with the cleanser from the vet too long.  She got 3 infections that way and hasn't had ONE since using the tea tree oil cleanser 2 years ago.

AND, beware, as crazy as this sounds, the antibiotic ear drops gave Gracie diarrhea so watch out for that side effect.

GL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Thanks for the update,  just do exactly what the vet recommends, she'll be fine.

They can see a lot, even at a glance, they probably saw inflammation and swelling that would have cleared up otherwise with the ear cleanser and mite treatment (that you already tried).

Ask your vet if allergies could have anything to do with it?

Diet recommendations (if it doesn't go away)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

We did ask about allergies, but they said no. Again, the visit was short, but they did swab her ears and look in them with the scope.
    We didn't buy any cleanser from them, as they said to wait on cleanser until the infection clears.
    I will look into the tea tree... I know it has amazing cleaning and healing powers as I've used it myself. Again, thanks for the advice. We were just too worried to avoid going to the vet... so a bunch of money later, we are a little reassured.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

The antibiotic drops are very important, when the infection clears up I would get a printout of any product (ingredients) you want to use and get your vet's approval before buying.

If he suggests a different product, have him explain why it would be a better choice.

Unfortunately veterinary care can be expensive, but sometimes you can go three, four, or five years without anything but the annual exam.

In the end you really do need their expertise when something unexpected comes up.

If you don't feel he's answering your questions or listening to your concerns,  ask other dog owners you know what vet they would recommend in your area.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruthcatrin. Show ruthcatrin's posts

In response to "Re: Ear Infection? Ear Mites? Ear wax?": [QUOTE]BTW: Ruth the one (1) recommend you got was from me!  I'd take it back if I could! Um, you may want to think about using spell check!  What makes you think I'm being defensive... because I have a famed criminal defense lawyer representing me? Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE] Are you trying to prove you're ten?? Teacher, glad to hear the vet said the antibiotic should help. Just keep an eye on things just in case there's an outside cause. And if your vet continues to not explain/leave you feeling like they've barely looked at your dog you may want to consider changing vets. One of the things I like about my vet is that they always take a couple minutes to look over the animal I brought in as well as chat about the animal in general, and make sure things are explained.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

teacher, you were 100% correct to go to the vet.  Since there is infection, the prescription ear drops are essential.  Just like any antibiotic, complete the entire regimen exactly as directed even thought she'll stop shaking her head and pawing at the ear before then.  And, watch for digestive issues in the meantime.  

The tea tree oil cleanser, used once every one or two weeks will keep things inhospitable to bacteria and fungus.  

The vet was quick with the exam because they see run of the mill ear infections like that all the time (imo because people use crappy cleansers or none at all because their dogs don't like the process) and can recognize it in a heartbeat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

doglady posted in one of the news forums that what romney did was no big deal -- sorry for the confusion   -- kar, emma is doing great - thanks

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aNewsForum%3a10629Discussion%3a19bd9907-1363-44d7-a8f7-b2b66fd430ed   

In response to Amethyst's question (re:Mr Romney and the family dog Seamus)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Attention Moderator: I posted in BDC a request to have this thread closed for further comments as it has gone off topic in a negative way.  Thank you        

Update: 2/19 I see some of the offensive posts have been removed, thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lukes, so happy for Emma that she's feeling better and doing great.  (Glad you noticed my inquiry amidst the fray.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Teacher..you did the right thing going to the vet. My philosophy is when in doubt..it's better to be safe. I just came from a follow up appointment with my cat for ..of all things..conjunctivitis. Infections can go downhill quickly so a good , regular relationship with a vet that you trust and feel comfortable with is important. Also, they should not be making you feel like you are a worrywart :-)

Sections
Shortcuts