1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Flea and Tick products...be careful

http://www.mysettersam.com/2009/05/ruff-report-dogs-and-health.html  

More dogs and cats are becoming ill - and in some cases even dying - from flea and tick control products, prompting the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to place tougher restrictions on the insecticide treatments commonly used on pets and to require revisions to labeling to help pet owners use the products properly.~~~~~      I have one dog that develops an ugly rash when flea/tick collar is applied.  My other dogs have had no problems.      ETA:  It is still important to use a topical ointment monthly, just be aware of any adverse reactions and consult your vet.     I like K9 advantix II.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Flea and Tick products...be careful

We tried the Tic Clip, and it effectively repelled ticks for a year drug free - we didn't see one on her all tick season, and we usually see at least one per walk.  It advertises effectiveness for 3 years, but the coating chipped off after the first season so I can't fully endorse it.  But, at $70 it's a tenth of what we pay for K9 Advantage (50+ lb dog) for the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

i tried the tic clip last fall and it didn't work for emma - but i have been using nothing as a topical for her this year and only give her the springtime green stuff, the garlic bug off and apple cidar vinegar in her food daily -- she has brought tics home crawling on her but i haven't found any in her for about a month -- i'll take that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lukes, I'm so glad that Emma likes the bugoff.  I got some for Gracie and she wouldn't touch a granule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

i mix it with her food -- she doesn't mind it -- she eats up her food with all that other stuff in it too -- it does give her garlic breath though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, I tried mixing in just a tiny bit, and Gracie the Flabrador who's always acting like we starve her literally turned her nose up at it.  I was pretty disappointed, but what can you do.