Grooming?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Grooming?

Ok, so we usually bathe & brush the beagles ourselves.  But with the warm weather coming and trying to get the condo in selling condition, we really wanted to minimize the shedding.
    We brought them to PetSmart in Cambridge & upgraded to the Furminator grooming. It was supposed to include an extra 15 minutes of brushing with the tool (30 min total) and a special shampoo.  Well, they were done with everything in 1 hour 15 min - 2 dogs, 1 groomer.  Ears were partially cleaned (not well and 1 of 4 was not even touched) only 1 dog's nails were clipped (2 quicks were cut & had bled), and the dogs had lots of loose fur on them.  They are still shedding like fiends too.

I've already sent an email, but I will not go back there again.
    Any suggestions on a good place to bring them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: Grooming?

/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kat yubs. Show kat yubs's posts

My dog had a terrible experience at PetSmart in Everett.  They said he was matted and shaved him down to practically nothing without even calling me.  I was horrified.  I go to Paws For Applause in Saugus.  Linda the owner is incredible.  She has so much patience and does not charge too much.  I have been going there every 6 weeks for the last 3 years.  My dog is not happy about going but when he is done he looks like a million bucks and smells so good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome to pets, kat!  What breed is your dog?  That's terrible they shaved him without asking.  Any photos for the Winter photo thread?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

I swear by Grateful Dog Grooming on School Street in Watertown (not far from Arsenal Mall). Jess and Maureen treat Bosco as if he's their own and he loves his fluff and buff. They are the only ones he'll allow to do his nails - for some reason he's been finicky about anyone holding his feet since I got him as a little puppy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, bp!  Gracie's front feet are ticklish - Bosco's, too?  Funny!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

Proof yet again that Gracie and Bosco were siblings in a past life (you'll understand the reference if you read "A Dog's Purpose" - if not, I highly recommend it to anyone who has loved a dog).

It's uncanny how much alike they are - I think that's why I learned so much from your experiences with Gracie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wish we lived closer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

So do I - I'd love for them to meet. Maybe next summer we can find a middle ground to get them together!