1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Have you hired a pet psychic or used pet tarot cards?

Pet owners who want to know what their pets are thinking are hiring pet psychics and buying pet tarot cards. Learn more in this story.

Have you ever hired a pet psychic or tried using pet tarot cards? If so, what did you think of the experience? If not, is it something you'd consider?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Have you hired a pet psychic or used pet tarot cards?

Another scam.   Charlatans (imo) taking advantage of the lost and vulnerable, yes some people are intuitive, but

Just ask friend who has had animals for a long time to "read" your pet, you'll probably get more useful information that waySmile  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd never even consider that.  First of all, they can say anything!  What's your pet gonna do, correct them?  Secondly, I can read my dog's mind for free.  She's saying, "More food, please."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jezebeljean. Show jezebeljean's posts

No, because I'm not crazy. I also don't take folding money and set a match to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from klb_1. Show klb_1's posts

My wife is a pet psychic and I see her get info about the pet or the owner that it is impossible for her to know. I never believed in any of this or even in God and I am now seeing it all the time. How this is possible I will never understand but I cannot argue with the fact that she is accurate in what she says. Vets have confirmed what she says medically and owners have confirmed the events she describes. Many animals behave differently while she is there and after, some animals that will not let anyone near them let her hold them. She also has directed people on where to look for lost animals describing places she has never been.   I don't know how all this could possibly be true, all I know is it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sdlind. Show sdlind's posts

I have and it was amazing!  Granted, I wasn't willing to spend more than I would have spent on dinner out, so there wasn't much on the line.

The psychic read the animals remotely and described the pets and their home in striking detail.  She was able to tell us a lot of specifics that validated her reading.

Fun and interesting!

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

Pet owners who want to know what their pets are thinking are hiring pet psychics and buying pet tarot cards. Learn more in this story.

Have you ever hired a pet psychic or tried using pet tarot cards? If so, what did you think of the experience? If not, is it something you'd consider?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

No..nor would I ever waste my money on such foolishness. I can tell you pretty much what either of my cats are "thinking".  People who actually pay attention to their pets get pretty proficient at reading their body language...just as they get pretty good at reading ours.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

I'd never even consider that.  First of all, they can say anything!  What's your pet gonna do, correct them?  Secondly, I can read my dog's mind for free.  She's saying, "More food, please."

This is pretty much how I feel aout it!  When you really know your pets, you can kinda read their facial expressions, and their body language.  I do think dogs have feelings -- joy, fear, shame -- but I don't think it resonates cognitively in the way it does with humans...think Pavlov!  For certain Golden Retrievers I know, it's either:  "I'm hungry"  "Oh!  It's so good to see you!  So glad you're  home!!!" "rub my belly!  I need love!" or "let's go outside and throw some sticks".  On the other hand, I don't think dogs are necessarily good at telling us when they don't feel good (unless it's a really obvious sign, like a limp).  Those are the times when I wish I could be more psychic with them!  One dog I knew had a pretty advanced cancer before anyone had a clue (and these are experienced dog owners)...Hey, kar!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from namecreen. Show namecreen's posts

I absolutely would if they did windows and cleaned behind the refrigerator.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, Malden :)

Gracie just had knee surgery, and she's been very communicative.  Some sentiments I've picked up on all by myself for free: "I feel miserable,"  "Yuck, these pain pills taste TERRIBLE," "I love my crate," "I have to use the restroom, but it hurts to squat," "Don't even think about feeding me less just because we aren't going on walks; I need energy to heal."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

We used a "Pet Communicator".  There are 3 ways to view a "Pet Communicator".  Either believe them 100%, try to debunk them, or see it as entertainment.

I went with the entertainment.

I have 2 dogs - she nailed them.  She saw them seperately.  She said the first dog thinks the second dog is a complete lunatic.  She nailed it, because I can totally see how the first dog would think the second dog is a complete lunatic.  And the kicker is, she hadn't seen the second dog.

She said the second dog thinks he bigger, faster, and smarter than the first one, which he is. 

I don't how she was able to pick up the stuff that she nailed.  But I don't care - it was good for a laugh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@DWL, what you described is typical pack behavior.

In a pack of 2 dogs, one is the alpha and the other is the omega, or at the least, in an inferior position.  Easy.

Psych 101 that you would present the dominant dog to be read first.

ETA: I shouldn't have said anything.  I suppose it can be lighthearted fun, and they do hit the nail on the head, so to speak, occasionally.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, DWL, long time, no see.  

I agree with Robin's idea of how she "knew."  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I take back anything negative that I may have said....I have scheduled an appointment with a pet psychic,  and I am looking forward to it :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

I long for the day when the human race finally frees itself from the belief in magic.

There is no such thing as a "psychic." There is such a thing as a person that can read your facial and bodily cues, draw inference from what you say and don't say, how you say it, etc etc etc.

Every single time science has taken the notion of this purported form of perception and studied it objectively, it has come up with absolutely nothing.

These people are masters of deception.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

A true psychic, for example, would be able to tell me these things over the internet and get all of them correct:

- What is my current feline's name?

- What did my current feline eat in the morning on June 6, 2001?

- What was the name of the family feline that disappeared?

- What was the name of my parent's feline, most recently deceased?

- How was that feline's name spelled and why?

And what would the psyhic say? Oh, some mumbo jumbo about how their mental powers only work when they are in contact with you and/or the pet. Etc.

Moreover, consider the following: We know that the human mind is has some direct relations to the electrical biological circuitry of our brains. We don't understand the essence of the connection -

- (ie, how is it that electricity firing through biological circuits appears to produce an independent consciousness of reflecting on its own existence) -

- but at the very least we understand there are a number of direct relations between the physical entity and the seeming non-physical 'mind'.

A pet's mind, to whatever extent the smaller, less capable, and differently structured brain produces a 'mind' entity, would be utterly alien. I dare venture to say that almost all of what we see in our pets ('oh, booboo is feeling X right now') is pure anthropomorphism.

The notion that a human mind could interface with an animal mind and detect actual thoughts is absurd.

And actual scenes? Does it occur to any believers that the structure of the animal eye and mind would produce an image completely incomprehensible? Wavelengths you don't perceive? A completely different definition and structure of object?

Chance is any perceived image would be as incomprehensible as the lightshow in your head  if you downed a quart of LSD and plugged your head into an electrical socket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Rant complete.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I know...

But, some people go to church and believe.

Some hire the services of a therapist or life coach.

And some of us, occasionally consult a psychic for advice.

As long as you don't go to extremes and spend a lot of money, if it gives you some form of  comfort and support, what's the harm?

Of course, as with anything, you have to use a little common sense.