1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Hello!

My name is Kristi and I am the new producer for the pets site. I have owned pets my entire life - cats, birds, dogs. They are such a special part of the family. I look forward to getting to know yours. Have a great day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Hello!

Welcome, Kristi.

We've just had a loss...maybe you missed the latest thread before yours.

Also, we just started a seasonal photo tradition.  Hope to see your Fall addtions soon.  What pets do you have, now?

Blessings,
    ~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great post, dog-lady, I totally agree.  

And, if I could add, if AVs will be a regular feature of Pets, maybe you could put a permanent "push pin" thread at the head of the Ask Angell Vets section explaining how it works so people will know what to expect when they post questions to AVs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't see your post as negative at all, but it's up to you, of course, what you feel comfortable saying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Thanks for the welcome.
    Icer, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
    dog-lady, I will find out about the Angell Vets.

kargiver, I don't currently have a pet. My last pet passed away when I was pregnant with my son (my incredible little feathered friend Steppi). And then I was dealing with an out-of-state move and the baby and then another out-of-state move and another baby so I decided to wait on another pet. But it is feeling like it's almost the right time to get another and I am so excited about it. I want my kids to grow up with a dog. I had a wonderful dog for 14 years, a miniature collie named Cocoa. I would like a dog, a bird, or both. 

BTW, I love the seasonal photo tradition. What a great idea. There are some beautiful pets on here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL as you embark on the new pet train, especially with a LO in the house, now, too.  Do you live where you can have a big dog?  Labs are awesome with kids...not so much with birds, though. ;)  I had a Shetland Sheepdog (is that the same thing as a mini collie?  Many people assumed as much, but I'm not sure) when I was a teenager.  Great dog.  Will you get the same breed this time?  Keep us posted on your pet endeavors!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Kristi:

FWIW, if youre looking for a new dog, I recommend the Boston terrier. Ive had William now for almost eight years (his birthday is 12/1), and I couldnt have asked for a nicer pet. Friendly, obedient, affectionate. Great with kids too

There are a lot of fine breeds out there, but none finer than a BT

I'm biased of course, but it is how I truly feel

Best of luck

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

Kristi - welcome and let me add my 2 cents in agreeing with Kar that Labs are the best! One thing you'll find about this site - everyone loves their little furbabies and we're all biased for our breeds :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

" Ive had William now for almost eight years (his birthday is 12/1), and I couldnt have asked for a nicer pet."

Ache, you've kept William a secret all these years - never knew you had a dog, or any pets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: Hello!:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the welcome. Icer, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. dog-lady, I will find out about the Angell Vets. kargiver, I don't currently have a pet. My last pet passed away when I was pregnant with my son (my incredible little feathered friend Steppi). And then I was dealing with an out-of-state move and the baby and then another out-of-state move and another baby so I decided to wait on another pet. But it is feeling like it's almost the right time to get another and I am so excited about it. I want my kids to grow up with a dog. I had a wonderful dog for 14 years, a miniature collie named Cocoa. I would like a dog, a bird, or both.  BTW, I love the seasonal photo tradition. What a great idea. There are some beautiful pets on here.

Thank you..It means a lot that you mention it

Posted by BDCKristi[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Kristi, icer's response to you got embedded in the end of what she quoted from you somehow - didn't want you to miss it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Hello!:
    [QUOTE] Ache, you've kept William a secret all these years - never knew you had a dog, or any pets.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Well, trumpet, if you werent so determined to put me on ignore way back when, maybe I would have told you all about my William. But you never gave me the chance. You were too busy giving me the silent treatment, remember?

Surely you havent forgotten about Project P-T*T (The Project to Ignore Thursby)...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Never had you on "ignore", Ache.  Your posts are always interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

toytrumpet!

You had me on virtual ignore for years

Are you denying that you gave me the silent treatment back in those days? You were the ringleader of Project P-T*T

OMG

Youre lucky I dont have you on the witness stand today, or else I would have the judge put you up on a perjury charge right now...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I personally never had you on ignore.  Might not have responded to your posts, but I always read them!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The gentlewoman is evading the question, your honor!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So tell us more about William.  Do you have any other pictures of him you can share with us?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, we've got 8 years of William to catch up on!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

His baby picture...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, he certainly was adorable.  Don't know how you kept this all to yourself all these years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

This is William at the age of two watching his favorite tv show, "Patriots All Access"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ohhhhhh -

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

This is him the day we climbed to the top of the Blue Hills. I wanted William to see the weather observation tower there. He loved it, but the climb took a lot out of him. He was zonked for like 2 days after...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Look at his beautiful shiny coat - it rivals Gracie's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

William's first girlfriend. Her name was Lola. She was a show dog...

Sections
Shortcuts