1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Housebreaking Question

In Response to Re: Housebreaking Question:
    [QUOTE]50 pounds at how many months/ weeks?  Wag
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

Well, let's see....  Actually, she weighed in at 46 lbs at week 21 1/2.

Here's a photo taken on the day she got weighed:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A crate is 1000 times easier than that.  They just wimper in there when they have to go.  It woke me up, I got out of bed, let her go out, put her back in, and went back to bed.  The middle of the night trips were about 2 weeks.  Now, she can hold it 12 hours...sometimes she goes to bed at 8 pm and doesn't ask to come out 'til 8 am, and we're up and about at 6:30 am.

And, now we have a pup who's happy to be in her crate now and then during the day, too.  No chewed leather furniture.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, no - Gracie doesn't live in her crate!  She sleeps in there having gone in on her own every night around 8:00.  Whines to have the door open around 7:30 am (which I do), and she lays there and chews a toy for another 20 minutes before she decides to come out and face the day...or at least pee.  Right now, she's sacked out on her very plush, monogrammed L.L. Bean dogbed with a wool horse blanket under her head.  Gracie is housebroken, but she's a labrador retriever puppy; a pup known for its chewing tendancy.  Some breeds can have the run of the house earlier than others - labs aren't one of those breeds.