How hard and fast are the crate weight ratings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: How hard and fast are the crate weight ratings?

new doesn't always equal bad to a dog. Max seems to have no problem putting new things in his mouth or making himself at home on a new chair or couch. if you put her blanket or bunny in there I'm sure she'll like it just fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wow.... that is like her own house!  Lucky Gracie : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, I have no talent in this department, either!  My DH does ask me for my opinions regarding latch hardware and such, and I just glaze over in the latch section of Lowes...while he adeptly chooses the best one.  Good thing he doesn't actually NEED my help - we'd be out of luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it had a weird fold in it because of how it was packaged, so it's wrapped around a glass jar to reshape it. I'll try and get a picture later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SECOND COAT COMPLETE!   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, she's one spoiled little dog!!

The first coat didn't dry in time for him to repaint it yesterday so hopefully tonight...this weekend will be damp so not a good time to do it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH put the screens on so she can't put her head through the windows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

that's a good idea! i'll see how it looks when I get home

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

NEW = BAD to a dog, right? 

Not necessarily, Kar.  Sounds like you have been introducing her to Chateau Gracie through the building process, so I bet you''ll have a smooth transition.

We added a second portable crate for our puppy recently.This is the one that stays in our bedroom at night for sleeping and comes with us on weekend trips.  When we first  bought it, we left it right next to his usual one in the living room and let him sniff around it, and go in and out of it on his own for a few days.  He now seemlessly goes from his "day" crate in the living room to his "night" crate in the bedroom bringing only his blanket back and forth. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We'll totally be celebrating Gracie's first birthday - she's a May Day Baby. :)

Where's a pic of Max's new birthday collar?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's adorable!

I think I'd try ironing it (smooth side up, sparkles down) with a damp press cloth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: How hard and fast are the crate weight ratings?:
    [QUOTE]love those screens, Kar!
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  That was my only design contribution. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[QUOTE]DH better be good, or he'll find Gracie on the bed  and   himself in the Dog House. The Other Gracie Mansion.
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I had completely forgotten the other famous "Gracie Mansion"!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Waggie, it takes a lot to make me laugh at 5:45 AM, but you did - LOL!!!!  Can't wait to show DH, he'll love it.

He's actually putting the second coat of paint on right now before work so it can dry before the moisture system of Friday - Monday moves in and inhibits drying. 

P.S.  Just carried this out to him, he enjoyed it.  Although, he wonders why you'd think he'd ever end up in the dog house. ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, that is looking so beautiful.  I have always admired anyone who can do things like that.  I don't have a talented bone in my body.  I can def picture someone sitting and here comes Gracie out of her "chateau"  Too funny!  The finished product is going to be something else...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that's too bad.  Maybe soak it in water and let it dry on the glass?

I had to wash Gracie's collar recently (PU!), and I just secured it inside in an old, thick sock to protect the dryer from the hardware and tossed it in.  Maybe you could try that if the glass doesn't work?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope you're right and she does feel comfortable and secure in her new spot.  It's beautiful from our perspective and a lot bigger, but it's NEW to her.  NEW = BAD to a dog, right?  I'm a little concerned....

Sure, I'll be sending DH over when he has time and his list is done.  Expect him sometime in 2025.  ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

love those screens, Kar!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

One of her last naps in her wire crate (she's currently snoring away).  The white puff ball she has her paw wrapped around is the bunny she's had in there since she came home with us.  Hopefully, putting it in the new crate will be very comforting.

DH has put the first coat of real paint (he primed last weekend) on Chateau Gracie.  It's drying, and tomorrow will get coat # 2.  Then, hardware and screens.  Then, that's it.  Out with the old, in with the new.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

DH better be good, or he'll find Gracie on the bed  and   himself in the Dog House.

The Other Gracie Mansion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you're right and she does feel comfortable and secure in her new spot.  It's beautiful from our perspective and a lot bigger, but it's NEW to her.  NEW = BAD to a dog, right?  I'm a little concerned.... Sure, I'll be sending DH over when he has time and his list is done.  Expect him sometime in 2025.  ;)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

2025,  By then I could have gotten off my derriere and done them myself.
    Nothing I could not do orlearn.  Just things that are my priority for someone else can do so I can do what I want first.
    By 2025, we could have a kid able to do these things, give aged old Mom and Dad a break.

As long as the door is swung around wide open the first times, so Gracie knows the same rules apply as in the old crate,  come and go as she pleases except nights and when you are out without her,  I think she will take right to it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    That Chateaux de Gracie is just beautiful!
    For you and for DH I hope Gracie will take to it w/o any problems. Not to worry about the "little ones" using it as a play house. I am sure DH will have a beautiful  playhouse ready for them, before they will even be walking.
    Chateaux de Gracie is just an exercise in what to come some day.
    Hope your dreams come through - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

....of course you realize that whenever little ones come to the house they will try to dispossess poor Gracie so they can play in it!~

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ambergirl!  Yup, she clearly knows she's a star as do all our pets represented here, right?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She looks so happy and content Kar.  So glad that worked out for you.  I love how she looks right at the camera, like "I know I am beautiful, take the picture"  What a ham!