1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I hate pit bulls

Took my 22lb terrier hiking today in the Blue Hills.  We were hiking up the trail when I see someone with a pit bull coming down the trail.  I saw the dog was on leash, but I figured to give it a wide berth anyways.  The owner of the pit had the same idea so when we pass each other we were a good 20 yards a part.  Suddenly I hear shouting and look up to see the pit bull charging us.  Apparently it wiggled out of it harness.

I stepped in front of my dog and when the pit bull ran around me, I kicked it in the head 3 times.  The kicks to the head had no impact and the pit set on my dog.  I kept kicking it in the head when I tripped and fell.  The owner showed up and started kicking his dog in the head as well.  His dog and my dog were locked up.  The pit was big, probably a mix.  Weighed probably 70lbs.  We were both kicking his dog in the head when it finally let go.

My dog was limping but not much blood.  

The pit bull got a solid "bad girl" from its owner.  He should have beat the shit out it as punishment for launching an unprovoked attack.

I washed out my dogs wound with some water and took him home.  Washed the wound out more thoroughly and saw there were 2 bites.  Shaved the area around the wounds and saw they were worse than I initially thought plus my dog was still limping so I took him to the vet.

They thought his front leg might be broken but the X-ray was negative.  They shaved his shoulder and it revealed several bites.  He had bites on both sides of his shoulder.  The entire area looks like hamburger meat.  

Ive seen 2 unprovoked attacks on dogs.  Both times they were by pit bulls.

I don't think all Pits are bad, and certainly the owners bear the blame.  But there are entirely too many bad pits with clueless owners.  And how am I to know which pit bulls have good owners and which have bad owners.

Just ban the breed.  None of this muzzle nonsense.  And for the good pit bull owners, I say too bad.  Why should the rest of us be put in danger because you think a dog bred to kill other dogs would make a good pet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: I hate pit bulls

Seems like a very controversial subject,  Petco forum has an ongoing debate about pit bulls also.
    http://community.petco.com/discussions/Dog_Discussion_Forum/_/_/fd03p00v01d1/285.1?nav=messages&showResults=true

I have never owned one, but if I did, I would muzzle the dog whenever I was off my property (fenced in yard) to avoid potential liabilities, if nothing else.
    Same thing for a german shepherd or any other aggressive breed or mix. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Re: I hate pit bull dogs

Test

Sections
Shortcuts