1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you want a good cry...

Navy SEAL U.S. Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Jon T. Tumilson was among the 30 American troops killed August 6 when Taliban insurgents downed their Chinook helicopter with a rocket-propelled grenade. At his funeral in Iowa, his dog Hawkeye paid his last respects, walking up to the casket, lying down in front of it, and heaving a sigh. (you can see the dog with his owner in the small photo above the casket)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: If you want a good cry...

Took a chance looking at this at work, but thankfully I had already seen it on facebook and teared up then.  Such a precious tribute from a loyal friend.  Ok, now I'm teary again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I saw it on Fox this morning and not only cried for them, but I imagined Gracie in Hawkeye's place and...

Moments like this remind us that all the love for our pets goes both ways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

This made me tear up....  dogs are amazing...  I read a story not long ago about a dog that would wait by the side of the road for his owner that was killed by a drunk driver. He did this for months and the son would have to go and get him.  Just amazing how much love our animals have for us.  Thanks for the beautiful story Kar..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my goodness, what another beautiful story of love and grief, ambergirl.  Months, gosh, how heartbreaking it must have been for the son to have had to retrieve the dog every day knowing the next day he'd find him in the same spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I believe I seen it on youtube?  I know it made me cry : (  But yes, what a beautiful testament of love..  I know our animals love us unconditionally.  I was shocked when I moved and Tigger was really freaking out, crying, so I picked him up and he wrapped his paws around my neck and wouldn't let me put him down.  I carried him around for the longest time.  He was afraid I was leaving him.  They just never cease to amaze me..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awww, Ambergirl, so sweet!  

Did it look something like this? ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

OH my God, how adorable!!!  Yes it did Sealed  Look how little Gracie was! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know - hard to believe she was ever that small.  She sure does love her Daddy.  He still carries her around once in awhile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

OMG!! Baby Gracie!  With HUGE paws... and ears!  Love, love, love it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL!  Thankfully, she grew into her elephant ears and her clodhoppers. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skipgirl. Show Skipgirl's posts

This is heart-wrenching.  Proves what a bond they had.  Makes me so sad that Hawkeye is grieving too.  How loyal he is, like all dogs.  I thought of my dog too, like you did Kar.  I could look at that 10 times in a day and still cry as hard each time, it's just so sad.  :(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me, too - I don't even have to look at it, anymore, just imagine the photo and I choke up.  It's such a beautiful expression, though, it's worth it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Reminds me of this story, which absolutely freaking kills me every time.

Prepare to sob uncontrollably.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is incredible Pink....   Gives new meaning to the word loyalty.  We could learn from them.  How is Max?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow...years of unfaltering hoping he'd return in never-ending grief, that poor dog.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Hi Amber- Max is great. We're moving to a new apartment in a week, so he's not a fan of all the boxes crowding the living room, but he's not all that phased. He's always a happy little guy.

Kar- I know. The worst part about things like this is that, you can't tell them that their owner is gone and isn't coming back. Like when my mom's dog died and Max still looked for her every time we went over there for months and months. It's heartbreaking.
    I think it's also moving that they do a ceremony for that dog in Japan every year, put up a statue of him, and even made sure he had food and water all those years he waited. You can't help but have enormous respect for any creature that shows that kind of devotion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

When I saw the news piece on Hawkeye, I thought of Hachi right away. Hallmark did a TV movie about Hachi a couple of years ago with Richard Gere and Diane Lane - it still comes on every now and then so if you watch it make sure you have a box of Kleenex handy. Bosco climbed up on my lap while I was watching it - he didn't understand why I was crying but he was doing his best to comfort me!

Our pets truly define the meaning of unconditional love.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jharvey31. Show jharvey31's posts

In Response to Re: If you want a good cry...:
    [QUOTE]Reminds me of this story, which absolutely freaking kills me every time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachikō Prepare to sob uncontrollably.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I watched a movie about this, balled my eyes out the whole time. I knew going in it was going to be sad too but I still watched it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jharvey31. Show jharvey31's posts

[QUOTE]Wow... years of unfaltering hoping he'd return in never-ending grief, that poor dog.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

He must be so confused and sad. I seriously love this but hate it at the same time. It's all over the web and everytime I see my heart breaks for this poor dog. I want to run to him and hug him Cry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

On the oppisite side - seeing this, it makes perfect sense of why they get so happy and waggily when they see/are reunited with us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]On the oppisite side - seeing this, it makes perfect sense of why they get so happy and waggily when they see/are reunited with us.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

it's true! Max practically loses his mind when I come home after a few days away.
    Last week my mom came to visit, and he was at home, sleeping in the bed under the covers like he does all day every day. She started calling him, and when he saw her, he totally flipped out. he was wagging so hard she thought he was going to break in half. it was hysterical.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

When my DD comes over, Amber does the same thing.  It is like the second coming of Christ walked through my door..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gracie, too, with DH.  For the first few weeks after her surgery, his coming home from work was a real danger to her leg she went so bananas!  We call her The Wiggler - her tail wags her whole body up to her neck like a slinky. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Jax's hind paws hardly stay on the ground his little butt is moving so fast.