1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claddaugh. Show Claddaugh's posts

Re: Invisible fence - will it be traumatic and cruel???

We have a local dog here with an invisible fence. When the family goes to their vacation home, they take off the collar and most times, forget to put it back on when they return. How do I know this? The guy comes to visit my dogs every single time! While I certainly don't mind him visiting (I've even driven him home before) what really makes me nuts is they don't have any kind of identification tag on the dog! I worry that the wrong person will pick him up (he is a very desirable breed & a gorgeous dog) or he'll get injured. Grrrrrrr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We left Gracie alone all day Sunday - 8 hours.  She had plenty of water with ice in the shade (it was cool when we got home!), food, and shade, and when we got home she was in 20 minutes before she wanted to go back outside.  So, tomorrow, she'll be alone, again, and we'll be praying for the same result.

The ferns are growing in the woods and eclipsing the flags.  However, the tone will still sound, and she's familiar with the general boundary area, anyway, and we're technically at the point where the flags start being removed.  I've removed every other one around the yard.  DH will be mowing soon.  Friday, we remove another 1/2 of the flags on the grass.  That will make them VERY sparse.

So, flag removal/eclipsing will be our last hurdle.  I hope she hears the tone and learns quickly what it means.  The flags are set within the tone boundary, but she hasn't gotten close enough to them to hear the tone for a long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, friends!!! 

I'd say we're about 80% there.  I'm pretty sure she'd still make the mistake of bolting after a ball or stick that goes too far, but I'm really happy with where we are right now. 

Your encouragement really helps - I know you'd want to know how she's doing on the training and might be afraid to ask since it could be terrible based on some others' experiences.

Thanks, again. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Are they the ones who took the collars/tags off before taking pictures for aesthetics only to have them run off?

Sections
Shortcuts