1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fuzzymiss9. Show Fuzzymiss9's posts

Lost Cat-Somerville

Our cat Porter  went missing on Marshall Street in Somerville on Sunday.  This is what he looks like:
    Black glossy fur, yellow eyes, neutered male, approx 7 years old, terrified of people and dogs.  Small white patch of fur on his chest.  No collar or microchip.

If anyone has seen him in the nieghbourhood or found him in your shed/garage
     can you please call/text me on 617 877 4868.  We miss him terribly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: Lost Cat-Somerville

Fuzzymiss, I am so sorry to hear about your cat Porter...  have you tried calling animal control to see if they have him?  Since he sounds very shy, I would check sheds, garages, etc. in that area if you have not already since he would more than likely hide.  I really hope you find him or he comes home.  Please keep us updated..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He looks like a beautiful figurine, so handsome.  Hopefully your post will be seen by someone nearby and will help bring him home.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Poor Porter.  I hope someone has him temporarily, in some place that's warm and dry.  Did you try tacking up flyers on streetposts?  Other suggestion is to walk the area calling him and shaking the kibble box.  My cat has "escaped" a few times, but she circles right around the house and stays close.  Shaking her box of kibble always brings her.  Worth a try.  He might be hiding under something, close by.  Hope he finds his way home soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

I don't know if this is feasible at your location,  but this happened to a friend of mine and she set out a havahart trap with a tasty treat in it behind a shrub near the back door of her apartment complex  [where the cat escaped],  and sure enough 3 days later when she checked the trap at 6am,  there he was!   If he's frightened he may be hiding during the day and moving around at night looking for food.  Good luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JC126. Show JC126's posts

I agree, try the Have-a-heart trap. I hope he comes home; our indoor black cat also went missing last year for 5 LONG days (I think he was hiding next door.) Best wishes to you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Checked in this morning to see if there was any progress, and reading Amber's post, thought of private shelters that spring up in every neighborhood too (Friends of Animals and such) - because he has no identification, someone might have found him and called a local private shelter person to come get him, or dropped him off there.  Hope you find him, he's a beauty.  Please keep us updated.

Sections
Shortcuts