Lost cockatiels and found cockatiels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostbirds781. Show lostbirds781's posts

Lost cockatiels and found cockatiels

Hello, 

We lost our two pet cockatiels on May 31st. We are trying to get the word out about them, hoping somebody has either seen or even found them.

Bunsen:

•   Yellow-white (lutino)
    •  Missing a toe and nail on her right leg
    •   Makes an arf-squeaky sound when her name is called
    •   No band

Jerry:

•   Grey (wild type)
    •    Responds to Jerry, Erry, and wolf-whistles.
    •   No band

Our lost ad: http://lostbirds781.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lost-pet-flyer-template-number-3.pdf

While we were searching for our lost 2, we found and rescued 3 lost cockatiels in the area.  I know, seems unbelievable, but folks have been calling and sending us leads.  Even if these other lost pets are not ours, we brought them to Angell for emergency care, follow up visit with our own vet and care for them like our own. 

The found birds:  grey type, male, unbanded cockatiels (the boys)

http://lostbirds781.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Found-Birds-Peepo-and-Birdx.pdf

Please spare a moment to take a look at our ads and forward them to your friends.  All we want is to be reunited with our own pets and help the boys find their families.

781-325-1961

http://www.lostbirds781.com

lostbirds781@gmail.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Lost cockatiels and found cockatiels

Kate & William: Cockatiel, Parrot; Medfield, MA Enlarge Photo

Kate & William Cockatiel: An adoptable parrot in Medfield, MA Medium • Adult • Female

These birds were turned out from an empty apartment in Worcester. Hanging on to a shower rod they were chased out of the apartment through a window and there they hopped around on the hot sidewalk and flew into bushes for 24 hours. A network of caring rescuers managed to catch them, acquire a cage for them and get them to the Medfield Shelter. These birds are highly stressed, have broken and torn feathers and are thin and scared. We can only imagine what their lives have been like to look this bad. They need an experienced bird owner.

Cockatiels are social animals that enjoy spending time outside of their cages. Hand tamed cockatiels can be trained to do tricks or sit on your shoulder. Our cockatiel adoption fee is $50 for the pair and includes their cage    www.medfieldshelter.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

To the OP...it's not hard to believe at all. One of my friends is a shelter director and you would be amazed at the number of cockatiels they find who are lost and loose.  It's really quite surprising to me.

I hope yours turn up soon..keep checking in with your local shelter and make sure you let animal control know so they can keep an eye out as well.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostbirds781. Show lostbirds781's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

To the OP...it's not hard to believe at all. One of my friends is a shelter director and you would be amazed at the number of cockatiels they find who are lost and loose.  It's really quite surprising to me.

I hope yours turn up soon..keep checking in with your local shelter and make sure you let animal control know so they can keep an eye out as well.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

As of today, we now have 4 found and rescued cockatiels.  Thanks, I will send a reminder to the local animal control officers and shelters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostbirds781. Show lostbirds781's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

Kate & William: Cockatiel, Parrot; Medfield, MA Enlarge Photo

Kate & William Cockatiel: An adoptable parrot in Medfield, MA Medium • Adult • Female

These birds were turned out from an empty apartment in Worcester. Hanging on to a shower rod they were chased out of the apartment through a window and there they hopped around on the hot sidewalk and flew into bushes for 24 hours. A network of caring rescuers managed to catch them, acquire a cage for them and get them to the Medfield Shelter. These birds are highly stressed, have broken and torn feathers and are thin and scared. We can only imagine what their lives have been like to look this bad. They need an experienced bird owner.

Cockatiels are social animals that enjoy spending time outside of their cages. Hand tamed cockatiels can be trained to do tricks or sit on your shoulder. Our cockatiel adoption fee is $50 for the pair and includes their cage    www.medfieldshelter.com

This is just heart breaking.  Poor babies! I would offer to foster and rehabilitate them but I cannot adopt them permanently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

A cockatiel sighting  http://www.universalhub.com/2013/one-suspects-parrot-not-native-roslindale

@ the OP, I hope you found your birds.