1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shortylicious. Show Shortylicious's posts

Pet Boarding Recommendations in Mass

I'm looking to board my dogs for a week and would love some recommendations. I live in MetroWest, and don't mind driving for up to an hour for boarding. Must haves are: large and private kennels, 24 hour on site staff and some kind of sophisticated air exchange system (to decrease airborne pathogens). I don't want my dogs to join a large play group, but I want them to have a few opportunities for private 2:1 play and walks each day. Price isn't an object as in the past, I've ended up spending thousands in vet bills when the dogs come home from these places sick with ear & stomach infections. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Pet Boarding Recommendations in Mass

/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Pawsitive Dog in Boston is good.  During the day, they are put your dog through a training regiment and it will get plenty of exercise and stimulation.  They take your dog home with them at night and on weekends.  What ever they have planned for the weekend, they take your dog with them.  So if they are going hiking, your dog is going hiking. 

They are pricey, but your dog gets some training and very personalized attention.

The trainers are the ones that take your dog home with them.  They have a thorough understanding of dogs and are careful about matching dogs together during play time.  I've used them many times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from spoogedog. Show spoogedog's posts

In Response to Pet Boarding Recommendations in Mass:
    I'm looking to board my dogs for a week and would love some recommendations. I live in MetroWest, and don't mind driving for up to an hour for boarding. Must haves are: large and private kennels, 24 hour on site staff and some kind of sophisticated air exchange system (to decrease airborne pathogens). I don't want my dogs to join a large play group, but I want them to have a few opportunities for private 2:1 play and walks each day. Price isn't an object as in the past, I've ended up spending thousands in vet bills when the dogs come home from these places sick with ear & stomach infections. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    Posted by Shortylicious

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spoogedog. Show spoogedog's posts

Preppy Pet in Fitchburg. You bring the dogs beds and food. Large cages if you want dogs in one. One-on-one play. I believe they have a webcam. I've used them and am happy with the service

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Make sure whatever kennel you choose requires a fecal test within 2 weeks of boarding.  You'll have the peace of mind of knowing parasites won't be a problem, AND I think it indicates a higher level of overall concern on the kennel's part for the dogs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

I use Pet Companions in Reading, which is a cageless kennel. We've been pretty happy with them.

www.petcompanionsinc.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

When we lived in Boston we used Taureen Kennels, sounds just like what you're looking for. Options for small or large private kennels, one-on-one walks, one-on-one play time or group play time. You choose what options you'd like. The place seems very clean and the staff is nice.
    http://www.toureenkennels.com/

Sections
Shortcuts