1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lisasull79. Show lisasull79's posts

Pet Portrait Artist Accepting New Commissions for 2012 (example enclosed)

Hello all!  

Wanted to introduce myself to this forum! I'm an artist located in the Boston area, happy dog owner, and lover of animals and people alike, all colors and stripes. My rates are the best around. 2-3 week turn around on your very own original piece of art. The oil painting below is of Stanley, a terrier mix, on a 12 X 12 in. canvas. 

gmail me at lisasull79  for more info!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lisasull79. Show lisasull79's posts

Re: Pet Portrait Artist Accepting New Commissions for 2012 (example enclosed)

hi dog-lady, 
    just googled Homer and I can see why you like it.  Adorable! I heart terriers!  Portland Museum of Art has an incredible collection of Wyeths - NC and Andrew mostly.  I highly recommend a visit!
    As much as I love my mutt, I am an equal opportunity artist. Here's a recent painting: 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lisasull79. Show lisasull79's posts

Re: Pet Portrait Artist Accepting New Commissions for 2012 (example enclosed)

Dog-lady, I work from photos mostly. the best images are ones taken on the pet's level rather than images taken from above. Clients send me a couple of pictures to discuss and choose from. Sometimes I meet up with clients and their pet to take my own digital images. I like knowing the animals temperment and getting a sense of the owner's relationship with their animal.  People sometimes like to include their pet's favorite toys and blankets, etc.  I've never painted a pet with their owner, but I would definitely enjoy that. It would present more of a challenge, for sure! What is your dog's name? Is he a terrier?