Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pet-safe weed killer?

Hi Pet friends,

Can anyone recommend a pet-safe weed killer or natural alternative?  We have some stubborn weeds to get rid of, but they are in areas where the dogs plays, rolls, and sunbathes and I don't want to chance him rollingin or licking up something dangerous.

TIA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Pet-safe weed killer?

I don't know. But I bet the garden guys would,   www.garden-guys.com/page3.html          They have a call in show  6am-9am  on Sundays 96.9 FM radio,  you can ask questions on their website also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks Robin.  I'll check out thier site.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sharon-g19. Show sharon-g19's posts

I use WOW Supreme, aka Corn Gluten, that I buy from Garden's Alive. It is not a one hit and they are gone procedure. I apply it twice a year, once in Spring and once in Fall. It prevents all seeds from germinating. That means grass seed too it does not discriminate. I have used it for 3+ years now and my lawn looks great and the dogs are healthy as can be!
    Oh, and straight vinegar will kill them too - but that also kills healthy grass so be careful where you pour it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Great question.  We've been working a lot on our lawn this year and I have to admit we've been using the Scott's fertilizer plus weed control stuff.  I thought this was pretty safe for dogs though after its been watered???

Sections
Shortcuts