sick kitty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: sick kitty

What do they mean the tests "look good?"  Did they find the cause of the symptoms?

As for the brother, he's probably just disoriented by the staples and such; he'll probably get used to it.  And, if he doesn't, the staples will only be in for 10 days or so, right?

Thanks for the update!  Hoping and praying for the BEST!

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Poppy that is wonderful!!  So happy to hear that news.  As far as your other cat, yes, it is the strange smells on your sick kitty from the hospital. He is confused because of it.  I had that happen with my 2 cats Maggie and Bandit years ago.  When Bandit had to get fixed and came home Maggie hissed at her too. I think once she feels better and starts cleaning herself, your other cat will be fine.  If it gets bad, spray water on the cat that is hissing.  My 2 cats that I have now fight occasionally and the spray bottle works wonders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh, poppy! Thank goodness, I was thinking the worst for your poor kitty after you didn't update.
    I;m gald she's home and seems to be doing well. Too bad they couldn't get to the root of it. I feel like health problems are so much trickier with cats than they are with dogs. I don't know why, but it seems canine medicine is way ahead of feline medicine.

Her brother will get used to her again. Sometimes cats can "smell the sick" or the vet, or the medicine, and so they avoid the animal just like they would in nature until the suspicious smell goes away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The "best" decision is what you and DH want to do.  We all support you and hope for the very best outcome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poppy, how is the kitty doing?  When do the staples come out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hi Kar - thanks for asking.  DH takes her in tomorrow, I believe.  She's been doing well - she is much more lovey and less skittish than she's ever been.  Our other cat (her brother) still is not really accepting of her after almost 2 weeks... I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about that.

ETA:  2 hours later and my husband JUST emailed me this picture he just took.  I guess they are friends again!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, at least they ruled out some things.  Hopefully, it was just a virus or something she will recover from on her own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

sick kitty

Hi,
    One of our cats is on her way to a cat hospital in Woburn.  Not sure what it's called.  Our vet (who we took her to last night) just called my husband at home and said we should bring her over there.  They don't know what exactly is wrong, but the reason we took her to the vet is she's not eating, and 2 days in a row she has peed on the spare bed which is where she spends pretty much 24 hours a day.  Very lethargic.  She's 11.  (young for an indoor cat)

Anyone have experience with this Woburn hospital?  She might need to stay over night, I'm not sure... I'm wondering what it will cost (even though it doesn't matter, we'll still do it). 

Thanks in advance

ETA:  Not JUST wondering about cost (don't want it to seem like that's all I care about!) also wondering about the hospital itself...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

we've also had to make the decision between exploratory surgery vs. just putting the cat down. we chose to put him down. older cats don't have great survival rates with surgery, and I know most cats already hate going to the vet, so we didn't want him to have to go through all that. It's sometimes best to just put them to rest than to make heroic and expensive efforts that not even yeild any quality of life.

what I don't understand is why it's so expensive. My friend's cat just had surgery to remove bladder stones, and it was only $800.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay!!  I hope they continue to get along and that she gets better and better.  Keep us posted.

~kar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poppy, we're all hoping your absence isn't a bad sign.  Hoping to have an update soon.

~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poppy, please update us if you can.  We are all eager for good news, but will be here for you and DH in the tougher times, too.

Thinking of you and the poor kitty...

~kar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Poppy they are beautiful!  My cat Bandit was that gorgeous black color too.  Happy they are getting along : )  Keep us updated ok?