1. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Re: WHICH IS YOUR REAL FRIEND?

In Response to Re: WHICH IS YOUR REAL FRIEND?:
    [QUOTE]You guys made my day. Easy, you still here?  I thought my greeting story went right along with your joke and then it took a Gracie-centric turn...whoops.  Forgive me? ~kar
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I'm here, and enjoying all the responses to my original post.  After seeing DH with Gracie, I'll never again complain about my Nowelle (all 10 pounds of her) climbing up on me!  She's 13 now and needs to be picked up, but she still trys to kick off from the floor when she feels my hands on her sides. I think its cute.  My wife thinks not.  My son thinks I'm getting senile because I cuddle and spoil her so. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't know if this came out right, but I took a picture of a picture of Amber when she was a few months old.  Can you see her coloring, which is why we named her Amber :)  Now see how she looks 12 years older.  Still my baby, but def gray!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What is interesting, is Mastiff's are really laid back.  Couch potatoes who sleep a lot, that is why he named him Dozer.  But so loveable.  You can tell Gracie is a cuddler just by that picture with your DH.  I very much wanted a big dog at first, but didn't have the room. And trust me, when I do have to carry Amber around, she gets heavy!  In the end, all dogs need is love and attention and no matter what the breed, you have them on hello : )  Cheesy reference to a movie! LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

aw, cute! Max likes car rides on nice days. I think looking out the window makes him feel big.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

amber- too cute about the toy! Max does that for people he especially likes too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Kar, that is the cutest thing ever! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I must say my Amber who is 12 and weighs 12 pounds does the same thing when i go to pick her up  : )  I especially love when my daughter comes home and she runs around like a puppy and always grabs one of her toys to bring to her.  She adores my daughter like she adores your DH Kar and it is so cute to see...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

I love these stories about everyone coming home to their pets!  It doesn't matter how bad your day was -- you come home to a dog that's just elated to see you and you can't help but be in a good mood!

Reggie is definitely a mama's boy.  When I come home, he runs right to the door to greet me.  Since he's got a little curly tail, instead of wagging it he shakes his whole butt.  :)  But then when I'm home with him and DH comes in, Regg barks like crazy at the door until he realizes it's his daddy!  He's my little 14-pound guard dog.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You guys made my day.

Easy, you still here?  I thought my greeting story went right along with your joke and then it took a Gracie-centric turn...whoops.  Forgive me?

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Europe, often you will see one or 2 security people with an entertainer, politician, royalty (Prince at a polo game, shopping)  rather than any security entourage.  The doggie Secret Service.

Off leash they can be trusted to go after no one, which is not true of security dogs, who can intimidate people,  and who get touchy when someone grabs on and slaps their buddy politician on the back.  They appear calm and unruffled,  but sight of a weapon,  or on command which can be a silent (to us) whistle or subtle gesture, I do not know this person  - they will step forward, and anyone crossing them by force, stop them.

In a house, no matter where you put their dog bed, they will sleep across the owner's bedroom doorway or stretched between the bed and door.  Untrained.  Like Lions .

A couple of times I saw them just sitting in Museums, or famous Chateaux or English aristocratic homes, dividing the section where tourists may go, from staff only or private family places.  No accompanying Guard needed.  Try touching a painting or antique, they are between you and it.  First time I saw this, used to USA security style, " show of force"  with uniforms and guard dogs with big teeth,  on leashes, I was pretty surprised.

Nice tempered dogs though, aren't they?  Even I am leary of Rottweillers, German Shepherds, some Dobermans I don't know.  Sometimes unpredictable.  Never met a Mastiff like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He doesn't like that awesome collar?  Did you give him a MIRROR?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have seen your pictures of your malamutes and they are absolutely gorgeous.  Breathtaking really...  I never thought about it but when I came in, he leaned against me and then when I sat, he came on the couch and draped his entire body on me and put his head on my shoulder.  In the most gentle way.  I was blown away.  But you are right, the only way to have Dozer greet me is the way he does, thank God! LOL!  Makes total sense. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are such a wealth of information and I thoroughly enjoy reading your thoughts.  I have never had a big dog, and love all dogs, but I do get nervous a bit around the rottweillers, pitt bulls etc.  Yes, Dozer is the most loving dog I have ever seen.  I have a small Shih Tzu, so took some getting use to being around Dozer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

At 13 she's a very old lady who deserves cuddling and spoiling!  You are sooooo right about this one. I can just picture her little back legs going like crazy when you go to pick her up...adorable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooooooooh, thank you so much for posting!  What a sweet puppy and she just grew prettier with age.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

150 lbs!  Dozer, what a great name.  They were forethoughtful when they came up with that one. ;)

Gracie IS a cuddler, but I haven't been able to pick her up for quite awhile...53 lbs (after her surgery) was my max.

P.S.  I saw a Chiwawa (sp?) in a car the other day and thought of Max.  This one also had a really cute collar on...clearly, a happy and loved little guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That's facinating Whatwag!  I didn't know they were proctectors and must confess I was nervous when I first met him, as I never met a Mastiff before.  He came over and just leaned into me, I believe Pink told me that is a "hug" from a big dog.  Now I just adore him and he knows it, but great to know he is a protector as he adores my daughter too and nice to know she is protected when she is out with him.  I learn so much from this board : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

In Response to Re: WHICH IS YOUR REAL FRIEND?:
    [QUOTE]My dear husband is always torn - he comes home to his dog wagging her whole body with joy to see him and a wife slaving over the stove and a home that smells of something delicious (if I might say so).  Pet the dog?  Kiss his wife?  What to do first, what to do first?!?!  I know he struggles with it, but I don't hold it against him. ;)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Your post reminds me of an old "husbands' joke".  (As a wife, you may not appreciate the humor, but I can't help myself): If your dog is barking at the back door, and your wife is banging at the front, which should you let in first? Answer: the dog. At least she'll stop barking once she's in. 
     Truly, though, I agree: Kiss the wife first!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

aww, still a lap dog against all odds! how sweet!