WHO'S THE PARENT HERE? DOG OR "MOTHER".....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Livieluv66. Show Livieluv66's posts

WHO'S THE PARENT HERE? DOG OR "MOTHER".....

Let me say right up front that I'm a dog owner/dog lover/ I even take dogs in for friends and neighbors.
    Here then is the situation:
    My dog(s) were barking (as usual) at the dog walking by the front walk.  As a matter of habit, I went over to see - what I saw and what happened thereafter was pretty disturbing..........A "lady" walking a beagle had just let her dog "p--p" on my driveway.  I was shocked that she was simply walking off leaving it there.  I ran out of the house and yelled "LADY" you dog just p--ped in my driveway.  Her response was truly amazing!   "I didn't see it" - implying it was not her fault.  She begrudgingly (after all, she got caught) came back to pick it up and "show" me the results as I glared out the front window.   So who's fault is/was it?  Is it the dog's responsibility to tell the owner that they just p--ped or maybe the owner should have been watching the dog instead of gabbing on the cell phone and "pretending at the same time" not to see.
    You see, I'm not only a dog owner - but pretty sensitive to non-dog owners who are tired of seeing "p--p" all over the sidewalks.  In fact, I had just gotten back from a walk on the path between Newton South and the two middle schools (Oak Hill and Brown) which literally looks like a sewer.  What gives?  Why can't dog owners take responsibility primarily and go even one step further:  Pick up your dog's p--p - AND - WATCH so that you know when they go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EngineerChic. Show EngineerChic's posts

Re: WHO'S THE PARENT HERE? DOG OR "MOTHER".....

Sounds like the dog owner is just one of the inconsiderate ones who has no clue about basic decency.  I doubt she didn't know her dog pooped on your driveway, she just didn't care.  I have a 16' retractable leash we use on hikes and trust me, even I can tell when my dog has stopped and it's my job to turn around and encourage him to come on along or watch him terrorize some mouse/mole/vole tunnel he's stuffed his whole head into.

And on the rare instance when he poops, the bag container is attached to the leash, so it's easy to pick up & carry out.  My point is - on a regular street where she's probably using a 6' leash, she KNEW the dog stopped and knew why.  She's just lazy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Yeah, that's pretty inconsiderate...this happened on your private property.  The good thing is you caught her in the act.

Robingirl is right -- whenever you take a dog out for a walk, you *must* take plastic bags with you.  Having a dog is a privilege and a responsibility.  For all the joy and love and kisses and happiness they bring, there is also the other side -- taking the dog to the vet when necessary, training, and yes, taking responsibility on walks. 

Dogs are a joy, and they are also work.

Amethyst/Maldenlady

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

C'mon... how do you not know the dog p-oped?

Good for you for calling her out on it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Didn't see it?????  Her dog must be the fastest p00per in the world.

I abhor people that don't clean up after their dog.  Someone in my neighborhood does it.  They've left p00p on the sidewalk in front of my house. 

It's disgusting and gives all dog owners a bad name.