Your favorite dog breed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: Your favorite dog breed?

Awww......  great picture!

In Response to Re: Your favorite dog breed?:
    [QUOTE]I'm partial Rottweilers.  I love mine!
    Posted by sunshinemrs[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sobaka50. Show sobaka50's posts

I have a 10 year old male pit bull terrier. We adopted him when he was 1 year old. He loves everybody, very kind, gentle and smart dog. I have two kids and their friends were over all the time through the years.He loves everybody. Sometimes I think how much one should  abuse this dog to make him agressive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from petlove6. Show petlove6's posts

All dogs are great.  But the best is a rescued shelter mutt!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmyRN11. Show AmyRN11's posts

One of my best friends has a Great Dane.  He is the best dog- he owned me from the day that I sat down on her couch and Brucie (the dog) backed his butt up towards me, folded one hind leg under himself and sat himself square in my lap.  I am getting one as soon as I am able to!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

[QUOTE]I've been meaning to ask bigpuppy.  Does Bosco have blue eyes or is that the camera?  I have to say I just chuckle out loud everytime I see his face!
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I was curious about Bosco too.  But maybe blue eyes are common in chocolate labs????   I've never seen it in person but just stumbled on a picture of this cutie at the Northeast Animal Shelter:  http://www.northeastanimalshelter.org/adopt/dog_detail.php?id=5579

She's quite the little Bosco look-a-like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

We had a pure bred mutt growing up.  Both his parents were mutts.  We had his mama.  He was a little guy about 20 pounds.  Best Dog Ever.  Smart, liked to play, never sulked, never ever snapped or growled at anyone.  Used to tell him to go find his ball and he'd go off looking for it - 10 15 minutes later he'd come running in the living room with his ball, ready to play.  He was the best dog.

Whenever my step dad was working on the car and out a tool down, he would pick it up and carry it back to the garage.

Just a great little dog.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from c2d04eefce43050aed85a90f502b8c2f. Show c2d04eefce43050aed85a90f502b8c2f's posts

pg1960:

Pugs are known to be "big dogs in small bodies".  They have big personalities - my family is overflowing with pugs - my sister, sister-in-law, daughter and niece all have pugs, some of us have two.

I would think it is not easy to get rescue pugs as they are expensive dogs.  One of ours is adopted because his "mother" was moving to a condo where she could not have a dog. It was by chance that we heard about him - and she was very careful, she came to our house and met us and checked everything out, as a good owner should.

My youngest child will leave for college in the fall and I am so thankful to have my babies, I think we will have pugs as long as we are able to care for them.  but my oldest is 13, and although he is doing well, I know he won't last forever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from c2d04eefce43050aed85a90f502b8c2f. Show c2d04eefce43050aed85a90f502b8c2f's posts

spoogedog:

My next door neighbor has a border collie and he is a beautiful, nice dog. 

Not sure who said it, but "there are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners".  And, of course, All Dogs Go to Heaven!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from merl1998. Show merl1998's posts

We have a Portuguese Water Dog, but unlike Obama's, Bo, and Ted's late dog, Splash, she is a Libertarian.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

German Shepherds - not because of the NAME - but the actual breed.  I loved my 2 German Shepherds - they were beautiful, tough, and loving dogs.....no dogs could ever replace them.  They are both in Heaven now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan718. Show soxfan718's posts

Beagles!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I love pugs too! Never had one - but they are soooo loving and cute.  If I ever get any dogs again - perhaps it would be a Pug.
    Cats are much easier to have as pets, though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdullea. Show jdullea's posts

Black Lab -- playful, loyal, loving, funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cvania. Show cvania's posts

[QUOTE]Smooth Fox Terriers all the way.  Smart, athletic, fearless.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Me too! I work all day so I can't have one, but these are hands down my favorite. such interesting dogs--tell em more about yours!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wheel. Show wheel's posts

Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers. Good medium size dog. Very playful and loves people. Oh, and no shedding!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from who-cares-1940. Show who-cares-1940's posts

Mixed breeds are best. Many purebred dogs suffer from various defects from inbreeding or because they've been selectively bred over the years into something unnatural -- a prime example is bulldogs.

If you want a dog as a pet as opposed to a status symbol, get a mutt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoogy. Show scoogy's posts

My parents used to have Irish Wolfhounds. They both hoped that IW's would never become very popular, because that always causes the breed's temperment to go downhill.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We didn't get a lab to be a status symbol!

Who could resist her? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gernn. Show gernn's posts

Tibetan Terriers- allergan 'free', no shedding, crazy, crazy....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]I spent many thoughtful years learning about many breeds.  I was fortunate to be able to experience many first hand.  My choice is a Shetland Sheepdog.  I went to a very good breeder and got the dog that best fits me and my husband.  She is a perfect therapy dog for my Rheumatoid arthritis.
    Posted by kjoi2003[/QUOTE]
    She's beautiful!! I love shelties :) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMcG. Show PMcG's posts

We all think our breed is the best and that's all that matters. I love mine and treat him like the treasure he truly is. Great Danes rule!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMcG. Show PMcG's posts

[QUOTE]Tibetan Terriers- allergan 'free', no shedding, crazy, crazy....
    Posted by gernn[/QUOTE]

"Allergen free non-shedding" is terminology that was invented as a sales tool to push the sale of particular breeds. If you experience no allergic reaction to your dog that's wonderful. Everytime I hear those terms used it makes me crazy. All animals shed their hair. It cannot be prevented because it's a natural occurrence. When a breeder tells you that this breed is non-shedding it simply is not true.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

Bosco's eyes are actually gold. That photo was taken in dim light and his pupils were large, so with the flash his eyes look blue. When he was a puppy he was afraid of the basement stairs so he would stand at the top with great curiosity as I would 'rise up' from below. He would have the funniest look on his face so I finally took a photo of it. Even though he's now an 85-lb. moose, he still has that puppy curiosity about everything!

Bride - it's funny, but I saw those lab mixes on the NEAS website the other day and how cute are they? I'm having such indecision about getting Bosco a playmate. He can still be such a handful that I think I'm going to have to wait a little while longer.

I think we finally have a consensus with this thread - ALL dogs are the best dogs!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

I've had a German Shepherd/Collie Mix, Pure Bred German Shepherd and Australian/German Shepherd Mix. Also has an English Fox Hound for about three months who ran off after we got her nice and healthy (rescue from Kentucky).

I love mixed and pure breeds. The three that I did have all came with baggage from dysfunctional homes. With a lot of love, patience all three blossomed into amazing buddies.

Last year I was very sick and couldn't take care of Sam, the Australian/Shepherd mix. My sister took him in and he is doing great. I at least know he is in a loving home. He is 12.Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

[QUOTE]We didn't get a lab to be a status symbol! Who could resist her? 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Your pictures say it all.