1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCNewsEditor. Show BDCNewsEditor's posts

Your favorite thing about your pet?

Hello pet lovers! I had an idea for a fun little survey.  Tell me - what's your single most favorite thing about your pet?

I'll start.  Every day when I get ready for work, my 5-year-old male cat, Kenny, keeps me company. He either lays on my feet and keeps them warm while I do my hair & make-up, or he sits on my vanity table and nudges me under my chin with his fuzzy little head.  I realized, as he was purring away lovingly, that this is my absolute favorite thing about him.

I also have a 4-year-old female cat, Maggie. My favorite thing about her is how she knows exactly when bed time is. When it's time to turn in for the night, she bounds up the stairs ahead of me and snuggles into my blanket so I can pet her little head as I fall asleep.

Sappy? Maybe. But what can I say - I love my kitties! Can't wait to hear your stories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: Your favorite thing about your pet?

I love when my dog Amber hangs with my daughter in her room, but when I go to bed, she will only sleep with me on my bed.  If she needs to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, she gently sniffs my face and licks it.  How can I resist that??  I love when I look at my cat Tigger and he purrs and rolls all around.  He is so affectionate.  And last but not least, I love when my cat Boo talks to me.  He will just go on and on until I pick him up.  So many other things, but those pop in my mind the best.  We do love our animals!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from janetmegna. Show janetmegna's posts

I LOVE WHEN MY 14 YEAR OLD KITTY, NOAH, CLIMBS IN BED WITH ME. HE WAITS UNTIL I SHUT THE LIGHTS OFF, THAT'S HIS CUE!!  HE SNUGGLES VERY CLOSE AND PURRS ALL NIGHT LONG, UNTIL HE WAKES UP AROUND 3:00A.M. TO BE FED. HE THEN WAKES UP MY HUSBAND WHO STUMBLES OUT OF BED AND YES HE DOES FEED HIM.  SO WHAT HE'S SPOILED ISN'T THAT WHY WE HAVE THEM ANYWAY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

the way my 65 pound dog has to touch my body while she is sleeping -- no matter how far over to one side of the bed i go, she always has to be right next to me - her entire length of her body against mine -- its also one of the things that drives me crazy cause i'm always falling off the bed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL Lukes!!  Amber lays next to me and in the middle of the night, she will occasionally kick me to rub her belly!  Drives me crazy, but funny as heck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Actually, my sister's golden retriever.  When he sees me, he gets very excited and happy, and his whole body quivers!  Ya don't get that from many two-legged people....well, on the other hand....oh, never mind!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

How did I miss this post?  Hmm... just one?  It'd have to be "puppy face" -  when he looks at me very intently with his eyes wide open and ears proppoed up just a little and cocks his head to the side.  Makes me smile everytime (and wonder what he's thinking).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I love the way my dog Max sits with me. He's 11 pounds, and the perfect size to curl up with me. He always finds just the right spot to sit so that we're both comfortable. Even if I'm sitting in a small chair, there's always room for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I love the way my cat, Cheerio, talks to me.  Some cats are real "talkers", and she's one.  We could keep a conversation going for half an hour! 
    When I  get up in the morning, I say,
    "Do you want your breakfast?" 
    Meow 
    "Hmmm?" 
    Meow.
    "You're a pretty girl, do you know that?"
    Meow.
    "Yeah?"
    Meow, meow, meow.

You get the drift.  .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite thing about your pet?:
    [QUOTE]I love the way my cat, Cheerio, talks to me.  Some cats are real "talkers", and she's one.  We could keep a conversation going for half an hour!  When I  get up in the morning, I say, "Do you want your breakfast?"  Meow  "Hmmm?"  Meow. "You're a pretty girl, do you know that?" Meow. "Yeah?" Meow, meow, meow. You get the drift.  .
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I love this!  I can see it....I'll bet she's got some Siamese in her??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, she's just a plain tiger.  I adopted her when she was about 1 1/2 yrs. from the Animal Rescue League where she and two of her kittens had been left.  She was a "talker" even then, calling out to me from inside the cage as I walked back down the line, looking for a pretty cat.  You might say, she adopted me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, that's the best photo yet!  Cheerio is a joy for sure, for all of us.  I think she'd enjoy the Chat. ;)

I've been thinking about this for Gracie, our lab.  What can you NOT love about a lab?  But, if I have to choose one thing, I love how she hugs.  When you scold her she actually apologizes for her bad behavior with a huge hug - she gets you down to her level throws her front legs around your neck, pressing her chest close to your face as she bends her head down to smother you with kisses.  I know she's saying, "I'm so sorry, Mommy!  I love you, I won't do it again!"  Who can stay mad (even if 1/2 your meatballs were slurped down off the counter) with that display of remorse?  She hugs when you get home after being gone more than a few hours, too.  I've read that dogs see that stance as aggressive, but not her!

Here's her "Please hug me" look.  (She was watching DH start the fire in the wood stove not sure why he was "wasting" all those glorious sticks.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Kargiver. - those eyes!  What a sweetheart.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, she's nearly impossible to resist.  And, she's well aware of her powers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celia2. Show Celia2's posts

tt - absolutely adorable pic of Cheerio. She's a beautiful cat and looks so content.

kar - those eyes are hypnotic.

my favorite thing @ my cat Louie is that he rolls around and shows his belly when he wants your attention. Louie is a talker too but he kinda burrrs rather than meows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, that is my Boo and he looks just like Cheerio!  He talks a blue streak and my daughter cracks up when we have "conversations"  : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, you know I think Gracie is just adorable.  Love her eyes, Amber has the soulful eyes too and yes, how can we resist????

tt, what a great picture of Cheerio....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

tt- what a beautiful cat!! I had a kitty that was a talker. She was the best cat ever. We always used to talk with her when we'd get home "What did you do today?" Meeeeoooow!
    Cracked us up every time!

kar- Gracie is lovely, as always! She's got a stare that you can feel!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies, for your sweet comments about our dear Gracie.  It takes an iron will not to spoil her.

Pink, why no recent photos of Max?  Ambergirl? Everyone?  Let's get Gracie and Cheerio some more company here!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pink, I think most cats are talkers to some extent, don't you?  I mean if you look at them and ask them something and then keep the eye contact and again say, "Hmmmm?"  I think most of them will give you one of those squeezed shut eyes for a moment smiles and "meow".  All my cats have talked, but then I've talked to all of them!

Thank you all for comments about Cheerio.  When I got her I never really thought she was a pretty cat, I've always ended up with tigers or the runt of the litter that noone else wanted (like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree!), and this time I was determined to pick out a "pretty" cat.  But, that little paw of hers kept sticking out from the cage way down the end of the line, and that "meow - Come take me home", and I succombed.  Couldn't have a better natured little girl.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cheerio is gorgeous, tt, you got it all in her - looks AND personality!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

tt- I've had two cats that weren't talkers. One was half persian and the only time he meowed was to be let onto the front porch, or when he wanted food. He was very very aloof, and his meow was hilariously soft and high pitched for the 20 pound, long-haired lion-looking thing that he was!
    The other is the cat I have right now never used to make a sound except purring until recently, and I suspect it's because she's losing her hearing. She meows if we're not in the room, to check if we're still home, I think. We adopted her, so it could just be that she never learned to "talk". If she wants something she just sits and stares at us.

Kar- I'll find one to post!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

okay, here's Max enjoying one of the last warm days we had at the Arnold Arboretum in JP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ohhh, how cute.  We always had both a cat and dog until the last 10 years.  I do miss having a dog.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

and another, you can see his face a little better here

Sections
Shortcuts