Chocolate Eclair by ToyTrumpet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I had to post it, or I was afraid I was going to lose track of where it was. I hope you don't mind.
    If you do, I will delete it.
    Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

The chocolate eclair dessert was delicious - surprisingly light too. Make this dessert the day before you wish to serve it, so that the grahams will soften.

The original recipe came from All Recipes.com, as did the glaze which really seals the deal as far as making it taste just like an eclair. I did my own revisions to the recipe, so feel comfortable posting those here.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 dish with graham cracker squares.
    Whisk 2 pkgs. of French vanilla instant pudding mix with 3 cups of milk until it starts to thicken. Fold in 1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip. Cover grahams with this and refrigerate to give a chance to set.

In a saucepan, mix 1 stick melted margarine, 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk, bring to a boil and boil ONLY 1 minute. This glaze thickens quite a bit as it cools. Set aside and cool completely.

Add another layer of graham squares to dessert. Cover with glaze and refrigerate. I had to drop the glaze on in dollops and then spread quickly. Refrigerate until serving.

When serving, cut into graham cracker size squares. Do not add any additional topping such as whipped cream. If you close your eyes when you take a forkful of this, you'll swear you're eating a bakery eclair.

Submitted by Toy Trumpet, March 2009

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for posting it on the recipe thread. I would have added though: Submitted by Toy Trumpet, March 2009.

ETA: You can still go to edit and correct it. That's what I woud do.

[Quote]I had to post it, or I was afraid I was going to lose track of where it was. I hope you don't mind.
    If you do, I will delete it.
    Thank you![/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Re: Chocolate Eclair by ToyTrumpet

The very best chocolate eclair can be found in Baltimore and Washington.
    The company was called Vacarros.
    It weighs in at three pounds.It used to be served at Union Station.You can pick one up when you go to Washington.