6 eggs

3 c. all purpose flour

1 tbs. ground mace (I used nutmeg)

1 tsp baking powder

1 ½ c.. Prepared eggnog

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp lemon extract

2 c. coarsely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat butter and oil at medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes.  Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5 – 7 minutes.  Add eggs; beat until smooth.

In a large bowl, combine flour, mace, and baking powder.  Alternately beat dry ingredients and eggnog into butter mixture, beating until well blended.  Stir in flavorings; fold in pecans.  Pout batter into greased and flouted 10 in tube pan.

Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.  (I recommend checking at one hour 5 minutes, and one hour 10 minutes.)  After 45 minutes, cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.  Cool cake in pan on a wire rack f10 – 15 minutes.  Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.  Yield: about 12 servings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: Eggnog-Pecan Pound Cake

This sounds yummy.  I am going to try it this weekend.  Thanks for posting lemon!

mothermitzi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

Re: Eggnog-Pecan Pound Cake

You are welcome!  Just remember to cover with the foil at 45 minutes.  I had to use an offset spatula to separate from the sides of the pan.

Sections
Shortcuts