Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Eggnog-Pecan Pound Cake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

Eggnog-Pecan Pound Cake

Eggnog-Pecan Pound Cake

1 c. butter, softened

½ c. vegetable oil

3 c. sugar

6 eggs

3 c. all purpose flour

1 tbs. ground mace (I used nutmeg)

1 tsp baking powder

1 ½ c.. Prepared eggnog

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp lemon extract

2 c. coarsely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat butter and oil at medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes.  Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5 – 7 minutes.  Add eggs; beat until smooth.

In a large bowl, combine flour, mace, and baking powder.  Alternately beat dry ingredients and eggnog into butter mixture, beating until well blended.  Stir in flavorings; fold in pecans.  Pout batter into greased and flouted 10 in tube pan.

Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.  (I recommend checking at one hour 5 minutes, and one hour 10 minutes.)  After 45 minutes, cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.  Cool cake in pan on a wire rack f10 – 15 minutes.  Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.  Yield: about 12 servings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: Eggnog-Pecan Pound Cake

This sounds yummy.  I am going to try it this weekend.  Thanks for posting lemon!

mothermitzi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

Re: Eggnog-Pecan Pound Cake

You are welcome!  Just remember to cover with the foil at 45 minutes.  I had to use an offset spatula to separate from the sides of the pan.

Sections
Shortcuts