Gluten free croissant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Gluten free croissant

Dough
    This is a mainstay with the gluten free.
    I made 2cups of flour to make 1 dozen croissant
    11/3 cup rice flour
    2/3 cup potatoe flour not starch
    1/3 cup tapioca flour
    1 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum(had a hard time finding this so I substituted a whip cream stabilizer, but you want to find some dry form of carragenan)
    1 teaspoon egg replacer
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoon sugar
    1/4 cup dry milk powder
    2 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast (found in the refridgeration section)
    1 egg
    3 tablespoon soften butter
    2 teaspoon honey
    Some water
    Mix all ingredients to dough consistancy, so you can roll it out. Use rice flour for dusting surfaces
    You will also need softened butter for bookfolding, spreadable 3 tablespoons
    Roll out dough

We are now going to bookfold. Spread butter down the middle

fold each side over, trying to make your end result as neat as possible

let dough rest..idk about a half hour.. give the dough a half turn...roll out a bit and spread butter down middle again ..repeat one more time

Let it rest overnight.

I do have pictures as to how to cut out croissant triangles and roll them but I bet you can figure that part out , from here you can make things any shape you want really
    Bake at 325 til golden brown

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Gluten free croissant

Thanks!  I'll look for the ingredients today.  I have spacial problems and cannot figure out how to make certain shapes like that...crazy, I know.  But, if you can post those "obvious" pictures, that would help me.  I'm probably the only one who needs them, lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

No problem, I can only post so many pictures at a time anyway
    Rolling croissant..You will need

Roll out dough

Using pizza wheel cut dough at an angle, now cut down to make a series of triangle

hold each triangle wide side to you and roll up dough

curl it a little and put em on a pan..bake 325 til golden brown

I had the kids over when I did these so I did not get a picture of the finished product. I will add my Thanks giving ones here though when I do them Sorry the first picture is out of sequence, I goofed and couldn't correct it w/o losing all that I had done

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wow Icer, that is a lot of work. I have tried to make Danish pastry, which is similar to this. Except we will butter 2/3 then book fold it (unbuttered part first) and roll it and butter it 6 or 7 times. I gave it up a long time ago.
    I certainly hope, whoever receive your croissants will appreciate them.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thank you Pingo, I hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving too! I am very happy to hear you regale about your danish experience. You are correct. It is the same method. But on a personal note..that means I did well with the pictures and explaining..one never knows..Anyway here is my finished product..The go rather quickly so you have to take the pictures fast!!

Sections
Shortcuts