I have a great recipe, sort of, for hot dogs and sauerkraut.  I hesitate to print the recipe because it calls for 10 hotdogs, 2 apiece for a family.  What I will do is post the ingredients and say that when I used to make this for even myself, I just put a little of this a little of that, but the taste is worth the effort.

Using a sharp knife, make cuts into hotdogs (if for just 1 person, use 2 hotdogs, or only 1 if you prefer) 1/2 inch apart and almost through.
Cover them with water, bring to a boil, and simmer five minutes.  Carefully remove hotdogs not breaking apart, and drain.

Combine drained sauerkraut, chopped onion and a tbsp (about) of brown sugar.  Mix well and cook 5 minutes.  Drain well.  Add a chopped cherry tomato, some chopped green pepper to the sauerkraut mixture.  Fold in a some sour cream.  Place on the toasted bottom half of a bun.  Top with 2 hotdogs arranging them to form a circle.  Place a heaping tsp. of sour cream in the middle of each sandwich and top with a cherry tomato.  Serve open faced with the toasted top half as extra bread.

The original amounts calling for 10 hotdogs, were:
1 1lb. can sauerkraut
1 small onion chopped
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 medium tomato chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
1/2 pint sour cream (1/4 of which was folded into the sauerkraut mixture)
5 large hamburger buns toasted
5 cherry tomatoes.