Pingo's light Tiramisu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pingo's light Tiramisu

Ingredients:

8 oz. reduced -fat cream cheese
    1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
    3 Tbs. coffee liqueur
    8 oz. container frozen light whipped dessert topping - as cool whip or the like
    1/4 cup fat free sour cream
    2 Tbs. coffee liqueur
    8 inch angle food cake
    1/4 cup very strong black coffee
    2 Tbs. coffee liqueur

In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and the 3 Tbs. liquere. Beat on medium until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping.

For the frosting, combine the remaining whipped dessert topping, the sour cream and the 2 Tbs. liqueur. Set aside.

In a small bowl combine the coffee and 2 Tbs. of the liqueur. Set aside.

Cut the angle food cake in 1-1/2 inch cubes. Place 1/3 in your serving bowl (I use a trifle bowl) drizzle with 1/3 of the coffee mixture. Spread with half the filling. Repeat with another 1/3 layer cake - drizzle w/ 1/3 coffee mixture and spread with the rest of the filling. Layer with the rest of the cake and drizzle with the rest of the coffee mixture.

Finally spread the frosting and dust with cocoa powder if you like. Cover and keep refrigerated until serving.

This is a very old recipe of mine. I believe I initially got it from a Cooking Light magazine, but I have changed it to suit our taste buds several times. Also the amount of the individual ingredients does not have to be followed to the "t". I have on occasion added sliced strawberries.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: Pingo's light Tiramisu

thanks pingo!  This is along the lines that I was thinking of except that I refuse to use 'fake' ingredients so I would use real whipped cream!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I have used whipped cream as well. But then I can't call it low cal - lol. If you serve it w/i a couple of hours, it will be fine. Since this is a dish I often double up and bring to parties, I stick to the Cool Whip. The whipped cream can make it a bit runny.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It's not the calories, it's the "fake ingredients" that are a concern.

"The ingredients for Cool Whip original are as follows:"

▣ Water
    ▣ Hydrogenated vegetable oil (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils)
    ▣ High-fructose corn syrup
    ▣ Corn syrup
    ▣ Skim milk
    ▣ Light cream
    ▣ Less than 2% sodium caseinate (a milk derivative)
    ▣ Natural and artificial flavor
    ▣ Xanthan and guar gum
    ▣ Polysorbate 60
    ▣ Sorbitan monostearate
    ▣ Beta-carotene (Color)

"Despite its lack of any redeeming qualities, or rather ingredients, Cool Whip remains quite popular. Most people do not even consider looking at the ingredients list before buying. This can be a mistake as you are exposing your family and yourself to chemicals that can cause quite a lot of damage. So, if you are looking for a perfect garnish for your lime pie or cherry cobbler, skip the processed version, and make some fresh whipped cream at home in minutes with a few added calories, rather than consuming something that is unhealthy."

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/list-of-ingredients-in-cool-whip.html

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The best tiramisu I ever had, was at Vinnie Testa's,  back in the day,   Lady Fingers are an important ingredient, imo

Oh, and don't forget the mascarpone cheese :)

Ps: The post that was removed was abusive in nature and the content had nothing to do with the subject matter being discussed.  It was a personal attack.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Vinnie Testa's - I remember them vividly. They had the largest family platters ever. And their food was good. Never had their Tiramisu though. What happened to them? Are they still around?

Robin, it just seems you butt into and make comments on anything and everything. I know, not many of the threads are active any longer - and I guess the Chat is one of the few viable. But you know, we don't always need a run down on ingredients, or on what is good and what is bad for us. The chatters just post, what comes to their minds. Hats, asked for my recipe, and I posted it for her - that is all. She is quite capable to decide for herself, if she wants to use it or change it.

You are more than welcome to post w/ us (anyone is for that matter), but tell us about you daily life, about your doings, your pets etc. That is a lot more interesting, than the tid bits you presently post. Don't forget we are all grown ups (and probably much older than you), and quite experienced in all ways of life.

You told me to change my style of posting. What was so abusive in my above post? Please tell me, so i can change it  as you recommended. Did you ever think of changing your style of posting?

Peace!
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Holy Cats!  Since i have robin/dog/reindeer on ignore I have no idea what's been going on but I am sure of this - Ever since the "Wizard of Oz" turned out to be a charalatan I've been unimpressed by smoke, mirrors and bluster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Hats wrote:

Holy Cats! Since i have robin/dog/reindeer on ignore I have no idea what's been going on but I am sure of this - Ever since the "Wizard of Oz" turned out to be a charalatan I've been unimpressed by smoke, mirrors and bluster.

----

I like Robin, but I am not her. Hats is still reeling from my comment on her use - or lack thereof - of the apostrophe. Hats may be creative, but intuitive she is not.

Keep sweet!

(And you Chatters do consume a lot of -crap: processed foods; red meat.)

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Exactly!  All I did was offer my opinion.  After all I am on NO prescription meds, so I must be doing something right (knock on wood)!

I enjoy sharing information based on my knowledge and education, I suppose I should reconsider...but then again,  maybe even one reader will benefit :)

Btw: Here is a recipe for vegan whipped cream someone might like as an alternative http://www.organicauthority.com/eco-chic-table/how-to-make-the-easiest-delicious-recipe-vegan-whipped-cream.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisGiftForHats. Show ThisGiftForHats's posts

Not even close, Hattie.

I like Robin, but I am not her. Hats is still reeling from my comment on her use - or lack thereof - of the apostrophe. Hats may be creative, but intuitive she is not.

Keep sweet and don't harm your heart yourself with your grudges Hattie!

(And you Chatters do consume a lot of -crap: processed foods; red meat; some of you are even booze-hounds. Listen to Robin - she's trying to help. Stop flaming her - or maybe you're upset that she tells it like it is with her health comments!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@This Gift For Hats

Thanks, for commenting,  you are correct in assuming that my intentions are good...

edit/never mind/off topic

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisGiftForHats. Show ThisGiftForHats's posts

Let's play a guessing game!

I'll start. How old are the OBNs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit/decided not to comment