Slow Cooked Pork Chops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Slow Cooked Pork Chops

Ingredients:

4 center cut pork chops with the bone (trim the fat) - I use boneless pork chops   

Fresh ground-pepper to taste    

large onions, sliced in rings  

2 Tablespoons canola oil

1 cup ketchup

2 Tablespoons brown sugar  

1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice

In a large heavy skillet, brown the onions in 1 Tbsp oil.  Remove from pan and set aside.  Sprinkle the chops with pepper.  Brown the chops in the same skillet using the remaining oil.  

Meanwhile, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and lemon juice together.  Set aside.

When the chops are brown on both sides, pour half of the ketchup mixture on top of the chops.  Then top with the onions.  Add a small amount of water (1 Tbsp).  Reduce heat to simmer.  Cover pan and cook for 20 minutes.

Scrape onions to the side, turn chops, and add remaining ketchup mixture.  Cover the chops with the onions again and cook covered for another 20 minutes on simmer.

Turn the chops again (doing the same thing with the onions when turning) and cook for another 30 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce has slightly thickened.  Do not let meat or sauce dry out.  If needed, add another Tbsp of water.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrasamuels. Show debrasamuels's posts

Re: Slow Cooked Pork Chops

Looks yummy. I love sweet and sour flavors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, how did I miss this?  I've got all those ingredients - sounds like dinner, thanks!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

i'll give it a whirl

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Looks like I have to wait until tomorrow.  Dh had to work late. I had a bowl of cereal; he's too stressed and tired for a big dinner.  but, tomorrow for sure - fresh chops in there bought yesterday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sigh...not tonight, either.  I'm cooking these tomorrow regardless of dh's plans!

Sections
Shortcuts