1 tsp. almond extract

Step 3:
    1 cup powdered sugar (I use 1/2 cup)
    1 tbsp. cream
    1 tbsp. melted butter
    1 tsp. almond extract

Preparation:
    Step 1:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut flour and butter with a pastry blender until you have coarse crumbs. Add water and mix until pastry is damp. Pat into greased pan.  I use a 9x13"

Step 2:
    Heat water and butter to boiling.  Remove from heat and add flour a little at a time until smooth.  Beat eggs in one at a time. Add extract.  Spread over pastry and bake for 35-45 minutes. Let pastry cool.

Step 3:
    Mix ingredients and drizzle frosting over pastry.  Top with slivered almonds.  At Christmastime, I also top with red and green chopped maraschino cherries.  On Sunday, I used dried cranberries for a nice tart and sweet contrast.  You can cut down on the almond extract if you prefer.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Swedish Kringle

mm,
    This sounds really delicious - but it is not a kringle. The kringle is the roundish thing with the "legs" crossing. Aka - a pretzel.
    However, I will take the challenge and make it for company this Saturday - sounds really easy. Also, I think it will taste the same as a real kringle. Just a different look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well, I will then call it Grandma's pretend Kringle. I am sure it will be very tasty. Hope you will enjoy this reading:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Bread/Kringle.htm

I am sure you now know, why the Danes don't mess with their Kringler. LOL
    - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

There is nothing "pretend" about it to me. It is a recipe I grew up with and wanted to share it because I enjoy it. Titles don't mean much to me.  I'm more interested in how it tastes! So, why don't we leave it at that.

mothermitzi 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry mm, did not mean to offend you. We will definitely leave it as you say - peace! - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Peace to you, too pingo!

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Great, now I'm hungry!bg