Young and the Restless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Young and the Restless

A few of us on CC compare notes on Y&R, but I wonder how many more watchers we have on the boards.  I've watched them forever.  My favorite characters are Jack and Phyllis.  Love seeing them play off each other.  Of course Victor can always be counted on to hatch some fiendish plot that he somehow finds a way to rationalize in his own mind.  Adam has worked his way into my favorites group too.  A chip off the old block, so to speak, he can be as ruthless as his father, but he stays loyal to his friends.  They might have added a few too many new characters with Tyler and his sister, but I think they are there to provide romantic interest for Neal and Lily, both of whom they could lose as far as I'm concerned.  Nick and Sharon are always going to gravitate toward each other.  Like watching Sharon create one after another metamorphosis.  The only soap I watch, but I love it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: Young and the Restless

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

A few of us on CC compare notes on Y&R, but I wonder how many more watchers we have on the boards.  I've watched them forever.  My favorite characters are ...

Haven't watched this soap since the 70s but it's amazing how many characters are still on it, like Victor and Nikki...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Their 40th anniversary was a week or so ago and they had little interviews with the stars, my favorite Jack has been portraying that character for 20 years.  It was a good mix to begin with with interesting story lines, and I think individual characters, like Victor, Nikki, Jack, Phyllis, soon developed a loyal following.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Mrs Chandler and her veil....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't ever remember the veil.  Could that have been a time when I was working and so didn't see it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I like the Y&R...but I sure do miss my Guiding light...SS are you with me?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I don't ever remember the veil.  Could that have been a time when I was working and so didn't see it?

OMG!  When she first came on the show she wore this veil that covered all but her eyes and she was eeeeevil!  In the end they explained it away by saying she had been burned and sent her off for plastic surgery.  Then she became less evil.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, that was a waste of an hour watching Y&R today.  Glad at least I was folding clothes while I was watching it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry, posted this on the April thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

For those who didn't see today's episode:  Adam confronted Chelsea about who the father is of the baby she is carrying.  She told him and Dillon who was standing there, that Dillon was.  She immediately regretted  it.  Dillon quized her as to why she hadn't said something to him sooner.  Adam was hurt and angry and left there to go into work.  Victor sensed something was troubling him, and urged him to confide in him.  Adam did, and Victor commiserated and insisted he go home for the rest of the day.  Not long after getting home, who comes a knockin?  Of course, Sharon.  Never one to miss an opportunity.  

There were lesser plots, Tyler's father had a heart attack while at his sister's and she is supposedly feeling guilty for not being more understanding.  Wish they would write out that whole scenario.  A few scenes with Chloe and her husband saying they weren't going to get their thrills by stealing anymore (!), but that certainly they needed something to spark up their relationship.

Haven't seen Nikki for a bit, wonder what twist her role is going to take -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I feel badly, Dottie,  that you started this thread for me - I'm having a monologue, and it's a waste of space.  Had hoped there were perhaps lurkers who perhaps hadn't joined in yet, but might find this thread of interest.  I think now that most readers are apparently working days and not involved in any of the soaps.  I appreciate your effort, but I'm not going to continue on with a monologue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, at last Y&R is going to host a tributel to Jeanne.   It will be Tuesday during their regular slot.  I was beginning to wonder, because 2 days ago during the show they talked about her character as tho she were still alive.  I'm sure fans have been after producers to give  her a fitting tribute.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A nicely done tribute to Jeanne by the cast of Y&R today.  They said over the next few weeks her death will be written into the script, making changes to a lot of the characters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a good episode today.  Have to be sure to catch tomorrow's.  It's taking some twists, one being Sharon who is feelng so alone, imagining going back to the time she and Nick were married.  She's convinced herself that she is the only one now who will stand by him once everyone finds out he lied about Summer being his dau.  You can see it's very comforting to her to run it all through in her mind - she as the compassionate, understanding, loving person in his life, and he taking her back, leading their lives together - "as it was meant to be".

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I could have done a lot better writing today's dialogues and directing - and made much more dramatic scenes.  Let down after such big expectations.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a convoluted plot this is turning into.  Borders on ridiculous.  Security at a hospital would be that lax that Sharon could get in there and change the outcome of a paternity test??  And noone would notice before it was sent out?  Lordy, lordy.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisGiftForHats. Show ThisGiftForHats's posts

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/tv/2014/07/23/shemar-moore-return-young-and-restless/RaA9zdnkjmB9hvTnNk843N/story.html