2010 January Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: 2010 January Chat

Hi Kar -

Not sure if your birthday has passed or not, but best birthday wishes to you.

mothermitzi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank you, my friend - it was the 3rd, and I'm 38 and so happy not to be 28 or 18 again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a nice lunch with your friend, Kar, happy belated birthday.

Perhaps I've given the wrong impression - I'm quite happy with my own surgeon at this practice, and will call the first of next week when he is back to see if he wants me to continue with brace dr. yesterday prescribed - he had never mentioned using one.  The sole purpose is to keep wrist from bending.  Stitches are right at base of palm/wrist, so I can readily understand leaving them in the 3 weeks.  I'm just bored with limitations, that's why all the grumblings. 

Cooking some Italian sausages for tonight.  Hope I have some form of sauce for the spaghetti.  Stayed up until midnight last night, caught the Coco Chanel movie.  Very good, such an interesting life she had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

Love Italian sausage. Lately, I've been putting chicken sausage in my sauce and like it as much as the pork.  If I grill in the summer though, I want the pork variety.  Used to be I'd make a pot of sauce that would last one meal with all the hungry mouths around here. Now that it's just me, I freeze it in portions and it lasts a long time.  Can't beat the convenience of opening a jar.  I think there are pretty good brands out there now.  I've been grazing on pea soup.  Not sick of it yet.  It turned out well.

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    I am pleased, you will be calling your own doc as soon as he is back. I do think, you got a "slap on the wrist" - literary speaking and otherwise. You know, the skin takes its own time to grow together. And for healthy people w/o any conditions - it does  NOT take 3 weeks. And it doesn't matter if the stitches are in or not (except for the first few days of course). Our skin does its own thing. Actually it would be better to remove the stitches - so you will not end up with a bunch of holes.
    OMG - this doc was just pacifying you until your own doc comes back. The brace is ok. It will constrict your hand movements.
    Whatever doc said or not, I just hope you are pain free.
    Enjoy your Italian Sausages. - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Mothermitzy,
    I buy those TJ's Ak-Mak crackers all the time. But these Pita ones were a wonderful change.
    I went back there today and bought 3 boxes. I saw they were on an end island, so they may not be carrying them all year round. Just too bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I am fine - pain-free and fine.  Don't be concerned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy January Everyone. Happy Belated Birthday Kar.MMy Mom's birthday was Saturday. I must say it is the pits for a birthday. We never feel like celebrating it. Laast year was her 70th, and I am ashamed to say it went by unheralded( are we allowed to say Heralded on BDC?)

I always wanted to throw her a surprise party in the summer. She wouldn't expect it.

I have been very busy, this is not usually a busy time for me, but we have lost several of my brothers and sisters in industry here. Its kind of lonely out here. I go to our usual vendor places and I am alone.

Tt, I know your injury will be healed. I hope it doesn't take too long, but yoou are a trooper and will show us alll how you make the best of it. I can't wait to see.

Well I will toddle off now
    Warm thoughts to you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, icer, I understand.  When I was little I lamented getting "Merry Christmas and happy birthday" on the same gifts, and I didn't quite get the concept of my being able to have nicer, albeit fewer, things that way, but I said I did when my mom explained it. :)

Now that I'm an adult I get it.  I got diamond earrings this year and was thrilled to have it be my birthday present, too...in fact, I really wouldn't care if I ever got another.

Blessings and happy New Year!

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Diamond studs, or dangly?   Nice, either way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Nice Christmas and birthday gift. One earring for Christmas, the other for your birthday. Congratulations!
    I remember you said, you had a tough time putting them on, as your holes in your ear lopes had closed up. Do you take your earrings out at night? I do. But I have a pair of 18 k old gold loops I sleep with. They don't bother or hurt me and keeps the holes open.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

waggie, here's a photo since you asked what they look like.  I'm still stunned every time I catch my reflection, and I haven't stopped tearing up over the whole meaning behind his gift.  I never dreamed...  Those of you who know my history, can you believe the changes in my life in the last 5 years?  The blessings, and I don't mean the earrings.

pingo, I love that - one for Christmas, one for birthday.  I'll have to tell DH, he'll get a kick out of it!  I take them out at night because the posts stab my neck, but the backs of the holes have healed up, mostly.  It doesn't hurt anymore to put them in, happily, and my fear of possibly being allergic to them has passed.  They must be plated with Rhodium.  Does anyone know if that wears off of earrings?  I know it does rings, but earring posts?  I guess I'll find out if they start making me itch in a few years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gotta get ready to go - it's 1.5 hours to my old job where I'm picking up my friend, and I've been playing with the dog in hopes that she'd do more of her business before she gets crated for longer than usual.

The sun is out, thankfully, even if it is cold.  Ken, have you warmed up out there yet?  Your cold snap must not have stuck around long...

Hope you all have a wonderful day! 

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beautiful earrings, Kar. Have a nice day with your friend catching up on all each other's news.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt!  We had a wonderful time, and I'm so stuffed.  We just love Not Your Average Joes, and if you sign up for their email club (4 emails a year) you get a free entree and free dessert (your choice from the whole menu) for your birthday every year.  We've been going together to celebrate together for years, now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How's the recovery going today, tt?  Quiet day here today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Things are better than ever, thanks, Kar.  Swelling has gone down a lot.  Son brought over latex gloves that I was able to secure at the wrist with a wide elastic and hop in the shower.  Heaven on Earth!

A friend picked me up and we went to the mall, poking around then to lunch and finishing up at store for groceries.  In TJMaxx came across a "remanufactured"  Rowenta iron for $30.  The one I have now whose plate is marred, I paid $60 - $80 for 8 years ago.  Picked it up (or rather "had my friend pick it up") - such a good price I figure I'll get my money's worth.  Of course like I said to her, "by the time I can iron, the warranty will have expired!"

Found a couple of books in Used Books too - "Wish You Well" by David Baldacci and "Bee Season" by Marla Goldberg - both favorite authors of mine.

Only one thing could top that off, and my long time friends on Chat will know what that is ---- a game of cards, which I managed rather sloppily, but nevertheless, managed!  A great day for me, as well, Kar, and for my friend, as she won at cards!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a great day, tt!  A hot shower, day with a friend, and a good buy to boot.  How lovely - you must feel wonderful after such a lovely day since your surgery.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, glad to hear you are feeling so much better. A nice hot shower must definitely have lifted your spirit. Latex gloves - what a great idea!
    I bet you must be beat after so much fun in one day. I envied you your purchase of your $30 iron - I think they are more than $100 now.
    You know, I iron a lot. It is kind of therapy for me. And I don't feel the least bit guilty to have a good iron and a good ironing board. Top of the line that is.
    A few years back I spend over $100 on an ironing board. My friends thought I was totally crazy, when I can pick one up at Target for less than $20. But this one irons on BOTH sides. Yes, true. I has some kind of space material on the board, which sends the heat right back up. And it is wider than most boards, which means more ironing in less time. I do all my husband's shirts at home, and he has to look "good" for his clients every day of the week. It takes me no more than 20 minutes to iron 6 shirts - a heck of a less time than to bring them to the dry cleaner and pick them up again. We are saving a bundle this way.
    Sorry, I think I went way off the subject. But saving money these days is not a bad idea.
    I am happy you got a game of cards in. You must have been itching all along since your surgery. Pat yourself on your shoulder - with your left hand that is - that your friend only won, b/c you were not able to hold the cards right. I think she "looked" at you cards. Don't worry, your revenge will come one day.
    Continuously recovering - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I think you had a lovely day too. Always nice to meet old friends to catch up. I am sure your were more than happy to show off your beautiful earrings.
    Thanks for the tip on Joe's. We go there often for lunch. Never knew they had such a thing to sign up for. My B-day is coming up soon, so I better hurry to sign up. Wouldn't want to miss a free lunch.
    Talking about restaurant discounts. I signed up at P. F. Changs (upscale Chinese) a year ago or so. They sent me a card (and it is free), that gives us 10% off every time we go there. Every penny counts these days.
    How did Gracie do while you were gone? Did she behave? No messes?
    Have a nice evening - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nothing quite so beautiful as the foregrounded picture of a human ear

Lovely...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, a good iron is the difference between therapy and drudgery, for sure.  Gracie is always well behaved when we're gone; she's in her crate.  I made sure to play extensively with her before I left so she'd do her business and be comfortable in there.  She doesn't mind it, but it's not her regular or favorite thing to do.

Wildo (Ache), at least it wasn't a foregrounded picture of my huge schnoz with a nose ring.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Big Studs,  a very happy birthday!

If you want to rotate them and put on alcohol or peroxide a couple of days, so the channel fully healsto prevent slight tears open to infection -  Buy a sheet of moleskin, and cut a patch to go on your head where the stud post would stab you.  Take it off in the morning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Achy  good to see you.   Like my avatar. Ya that's me

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Kara:

Dont be so hard on your nose. Looks proportional enough to me:)

Sections
Shortcuts