2010 January Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: 2010 January Chat

I'm through with this particular conversation, Kargiver.  I don't know where you are going or what you're looking for, but that's it for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GypsySix. Show GypsySix's posts

Pingo...the crumbs did get a little soft..but still DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Great recipe. My husband loved it too, and my son who is the pickiest eater I know. The thin layer of mayo was the trick I think...so good! I also squeezed a little lemon on after it was all cooked. We really enjoyed it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Gypsy, glad you liked it - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh my, oh my, oh my! I leave you ladies alone for a few hours - and look what happens.
    Knowing sweet Icer for some time now, I know her comment was an observation, not a complaint or criticism. In the past we have never gone over 10 pages, but we are just about half way through January and we have already reach that mile.
    You are right Kar, the number of pages should not mean much whether there is 10 or 30. One can just go to "last" to read the latest posts. But if you are not a daily poster, I can see you might have to read through a lot of posts to get, what the present subject is all about.
    No one should feel shy to post. This is the beauty of this particular thread - we can let it all out, without offending anyone. Just take a look at the rest of the board. There is hardly any activity.
    So please ladies and gentleman, keep posting to your heart's content. Maybe it would be a good idea though to start a "new discussion", if we change the subject drastically. That should cut down a few pages here. Not that it really matters to me.
    I for one will certainly miss and worry about you, if I do not see you on the Chat pages. You all have a nice day. - Peace!

ETA. Thank you Ken for your "smoothing out" the silliness. Great to have a rooster in our coop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I apologized for my tone in my response to her commenting on November's, December's, and January's threads being too long.  I don't want anything in return but an acknowledgement that I'm human and can have a poor response now and again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Thanks for taking the time to apologize. Even though I do not feel you really needed to. We all have bad days. We should all be grown up enough to understand that. Funny thing, Icer - the one you "attacked" - haven't even posted a word. I have always known, she is a "big" person with a very big heart. To be honest, I do not believe your post will throw her off much.
    Bless you and her both - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, with all this quarreling, I forgot the reason, I came on the Chat.
    I wanted to tell you, that I went to MB earlier today and bought beautiful Florida red grapefruits for just 50 cents a piece. Just had one and they are seedless and so so sweet. Just wonderful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, pingo. 

I have no doubt that icer is a lovely person.  And, she's entitled to think the threads are too long.  I still don't know what she means, but no matter, I never should have disturbed our peaceful little community over my insecurity about how interesting my posts might be or how unwelcome new people might be.  Insecurity is a curse.

Blessings,
    ~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    You are a "big" person with a very big heart too. That's why I love to chat with you.
    - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Insecurity is a favorite tool of Satan, I think, and I let him manipulate me all the time with it.  It's so frustrating to deal with the ramifications of my caving in to his lies, my own sin.  Thank you for your kind words, my friend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in after a lovely day with my Danvers friend.  She is so generous with her time, particularly since I'm not driving yet.  Took me for a dr.'s appt, and unexpectedly for both of us to the optometrist to have a lens put in that popped out last night when I was playing a game with grandkids!  Then I took her for lunch and we hit CTS and on the way home stopped for some groceries - the heaviest of which she carried in.  We both decided we want to grow old(er) with each other - tho I have her beat by 3 years!

Picked up St. a Pat's runner and door hanging which I put up as soon as I got home - but then realized I was completely bypassing a holiday that comes before then - namely Valentine's Day.  Walked by all kinds of hearts decorations there, but it just never registered,  Even with the "free" Brigham's ice cream, picked up Irish coffee!  I'm definitely in shamrock mode.

Pingo, did you hear anything about an accident, robbery or something of some magnitude yesterday afternoon along Route 1?  At 2:00 as my son was driving me to his house to sit, 5 separate State police cars, raced down the southbound side with sirens blaring and lights flashing, and a helicopter overhead.  Didn't catch the news either last night or this morning and my son who went southbound about an hour later saw nothing all the way into Boston that would have warranted all that activity.   I'll be sure to watch the news tonight, but whatever it was is probably old news by now.

Mothermitzi, don't forget Project Runway's new season starts on Lifetime at 10:00 tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hmmm! tt, no I was not aware of anything happening on Rt. 1 yesterday. I did watch the news last night, but nothing was said. Even the Globe had nothing reported along those lines this morning. Will take a look at my local paper tonight, maybe they have something in there.
    I posted earlier, that MB has wonderful - sweet and delicious - grapefruits for just 50 cents/piece. I picked up a bagful yesterday.
    How are you doing with your hand? Did your doc remove your bandage yesterday? Looks like you are able to type more. Hope you are recovering along the way it should go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thanks tt .  Just got in after a crazy day and need to dash out again.  I'm going to tivo the show.

mothermitzi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Pingo.  Nothing on news tonight, and I googled a neighboring paper, and altho there were plenty of crimes committed the past few days, none yesterday.

I love grapefruit, but at some point stopped eating them because they were said to have a bad interaction with some med I was taking.  I think it probably was a statin, which I don't take any more.  Will have to remember to check it out at next m.d. appt.

Had a call tonight from DIL - lump (which they feel based on a myriad of tests is nothing to be worried about) is scheduled for removal next Thursday.  Will be so glad when things finally get back to normal (as "normal" as things can be after having a mastectomy), once and for all for that lovely girl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

You are not supposed to eat grapefruit when using simvastatin for your cholesterol. It decreases the effectiveness of it...AND we both love grapefruit and now can't use it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ah, thanks, Ken.  I was on that briefly and remembered reading on some med write up not to eat grapefruit while taking it.  That must have been it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

Just got in after a late night out and I have to be up early for jury duty.  I won't be watching until Friday night.  Take care everybody and we'll chat later.  I'm off to bed.

mothermitzi

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning mm,
    Up early for jury duty? I have been appointed jury duty several times, but whenever I called the day before - as one is supposed to do - my group was cancelled. I always wanted to go through the experience. At least once. Something I think my becoming an American citizen is my duty.
    Now, that I am over the age threshold, I don't think they will want me. Which is kind of funny. If you are retired, you are a lot more experienced and have more time to spend in the jury box.
    Both my sons went, and neither of them had a good experience. One was called in for a rape case - and the jury decided to let the guy go free so "they could go home". Our son was the only nay-sayer, and he felt so bad afterwards. The other one was an arson fire. Again, "we don't want to be stuck here forever" - kind of thing, wrapped this up in a few hours. No one really looked at all the evidence. Our son thought they let a guilty person go free.
    I just hope your case will not take forever. Bless you for doing your duty - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Makes me think of the classic play, "12 Angry Men."  I'd never want to be in the hands of a jury of my "peers."  Yikes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    You are so right! That was one of the greatest movies ever. And a good education for all of us as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was never called for jury duty until I was in my 50's, and then was called as often as the time span allowed - was it every 3 years?  The closest I came to actually serving was a murder trial - the dr. who went into his wife's hospital room and shot her lover - got as far as all of us being in court room being asked questions by the judge.  I had thought I'd be eliminated sooner since I have relatives serving in the justice system.  I was the next to the last to be eliminated by the defendent's lawyer.  As I walked out, the woman court officer whispered to me, "You wouldn't want to serve on this case."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning All - I also wouldn't mind sitting on a jury.  I have only been called once.   The trial was about a construction worker suing an HMO.  I work for an HMO, and do the books for my DH's construction company, so I was let go pretty quickly!

Looks like it's going to be a bit warmer this weekend - FINALLY!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, do I ever remember that case. Lucky you to get out of there. Funny thing, you won't hear from them, but when they push your button and you are in their system, they will keep calling you.
    Young son had just moved to CA and was summonsed w/i 3 months. This was a drug case. Someone caught selling drugs on he street. He didn't know much about LA at the time. Could barely find his way to and from school. The jury nailed the guy b/c of plenty of evidence. For a while he was worried about being "hit" on the street.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

My DH was on a long trial (two weeks) in a case where parents were abusing their children in the worst way, and were put in jail for a long time.  I was glad that he was chosen, because he has such integrity and and is the kind of person who would be fair to everyone.  It was really hard for him, but I know he was glad to have put the monsters away.

I have been called 3 times but never served.  It's a pain, but I am glad to do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bless your husband, Hats! Child abusers and pedophiles should never be able to walk on the street again.