A Day in June

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: A Day in June

Hello tt, just bought in a huge bouquet of peonies. Thought of you. Went to my office earlier and brought huge bouquets of peonies to my ladies there. They were all so happy.
    Now on my way to the bank to get Euros. i have already checked our passports and they are good. I know, I do not need them for Ireland, but when travelling abroad - we always bring them. I am so excited. I have been waiting for this trip for a very long time. I know the weather there is going to be quite lousy. But that is ok. I know, Ireland will not disappoint me. Just to get away is the most important issue for me. Unless some very unexpectedly things happens. I have send my boys all the important info. Think I am in  a pretty good shape as of now. Now, I just need to decide, what clothes to bring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry Ken, just substitute fish for the clams. Fish cut up in biting pieces.

[QUOTE]Hmmmm As I recall, the question was about FISH chowder, then you give me the nice receipe for CLAM chowder, which is easily found in many restaurants around here.  And as for the Clam Box, my first year after I got out of the USAF, and was atending Gordon College, we lived in Ipswich, far too close to the Clam Box, especially on what was then a very tight budget.
    Posted by Ken1935[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Stopped into The Rack (Nordstrom's mark down store) in Danvers yesterday.  Several people had told me they didn't think too much of it, but I saw a lot of things I would have loved - had I been a smaller size.  They have a humongous shoe department.  Never having been in their regular store, I can't compare the merchandise, but my DIL told me The Rack gets all the merchandise that just isn't moving.  My purchase?  8 wooden hangers for $4.99!  Browsed in Pier 1 too, and did better in there.  Love that store.

Not raining as yet, but want to get around and get out for a few groceries, having a friend for lunch tomorrow.  She can't eat salad (my mainstay for lunch), so trying to rethink something light in calories and carbs to serve.  Maybe I'll get a piece of fish.  Once I get home today, it's spruce up the house.  My housekeeping seems to slip to the end of the daily list more and more - need some spit and polish around here. 

Hope you all have a good day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

HI everyone

Just looking out at the backyard and watching the birds having a wonderful time in their new birdbath.  Think I mentioned before my son won this at a fund raiser and knew I would love it.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon moving hostas.  There is an area outside our garage that at one time was part of the driveway.  The only thing that really takes off are hollyhocks.  Thought I would try the hostas and see what happens.

Supposed to walk the beach and go to lunch with a friend today but the weather looks a little "iffy"..maybe we will just meet for lunch .

pingo, I am so excited for your trip to Ireland - I am one that always preferred a guided tour just because I can get lost in my own basement some days.  Good for you and Mr. p.

tt - fish sounds wonderful for lunch - good day for a chowder.

Hope everyone has a great day.

putt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Putt

Well, it seems I'm just full of envy of everybody - envy you and your hollyhocks.  That's another thing that just won't grow here.  At my childhood home we had them all along the sunny side of the house, in fact my mother used to use string and thumbtack them to the shingles, they were so tall and full that they'd start leaning over!  I hated them.  Now that I'm grown and can appreciate the old fashioned blooms, I've tried various places, but just can't keep them alive or even get them to the blooming stage.  I do now have a Jack in the Pulpit next to my little pond.  It looks like a good healthy plant and I'm hoping that will send up some new shoots next year.  Peonies, calla lilies, roses of all kinds, morning glories - such beautiful gardens we had, and I've never been able to replicate them here.  Probably need to bring in a ton or two of good loam.  Too late in the day for that for me now.  I do have plenty of hostas, in fact am always separating them and giving them to neighbors.  We have the mixed, some all green and some (my favorite) the green and white striped ones.  Just don't like the purple flowers they send up - chop them off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Passport Rules

US Passport rules changed as of June 1, 2009.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

So, you need a passport or passport card to reenter the US now, pretty much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

putt, I am so happy to see you posting with us more and more. I want a bird bath too. Actully a solar fountain - but my hubby says, that where I want to place it - in the middle of our backyard lawn, where we have a huge rock to hide - is not Feng Shui.
    When we planned or garden, we tried and tried to get that darn thing up (and spend a lot of $$$ in the process), but no luck - so now a tiny part of it is peaking up in the middle of our lawn. I always hated it and thought it would be a perfect place to put a solar fountain. Kind of as if it was supposed to be.  He will not mind me putting it up in our front yard. But that is not where I want it. I want to see the fountain and the birds splashing in the water. Well, no solar fountain yet. Still working on it though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

My computer SEEMS to be acting OK today. My son was over here last night and worked on it for about an hour and a half. It is not hard wired to the router, so that should help some, but I think I still have to USB ports that don't work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Passport Rules

Thanks hats! I appreciate your info. However, we never travel outside the USofA w/o our passports. They are the best IDs no matter where you are. We are not paranoid travellers by any means, but thing does happen. Better be safe than sorry.
    Hubby once lost his PP in Amsterdam. His other flight came in late and he had only a few minutes to get to his connecting flight to Boston. So rushing and running out of time, he by mistake left his PP and other pertinent travel info at the check in desk. What a nightmare that was.
    Good lesson to learn. Always keep your travel info in your hands. Don' t ever leave them out of sight.

[QUOTE]US Passport rules changed as of June 1, 2009. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html So, you need a passport or passport card to reenter the US now, pretty much.
    Posted by Ihavemyhats[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Passports

We actually take our passports whenever we travel by air.  Saves hassle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Passports

So right you are! Actually we do too. Could be you would have an emergency landing at some odd place.

[QUOTE]We actually take our passports whenever we travel by air.  Saves hassle.
    Posted by Ihavemyhats[/QUOTE]