Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society

The Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to the safe removal, relocation, and adoption of wild game birds native to suburban towns north of Boston

The Society is named after pingo, a frequent contributor to these boards and a long time resident of the North Shore, whose estate has been invaded by/overrun by a pack of wild turkeys that have basically perpetrated a hate crime against her property

Over the course of the past three weeks, these vicious fowl have torn through pingo's lawn, ripped up her turf, and turned what was once a lush, green landscape into a big, ugly mess

Wont you please help to quell this Turkey Reign of Terror?

To do so, please visit our website and complete our official Turkey Adoption Form today. It's very easy to do. Should take you no more than five minutes to fill out

Then when youve finished with that, please select the turkey(s) you wish to adopt from the list posted on our home page. There are 25 turkeys in total from which to choose. To help you select just the right one, we have provided personal information about each bird. For instance, the following is the info we have on Turkey number 17:

Name: Tom
    Nickname: Ol' Turkey Lips
    Fave food: Grubs
    Fave pastime: Digging for grubs/defiling landscapes
    Fave song: Turkey in the Straw
    Motto: "Aint no turkey like a North Shore turkey"

Each adoption is free and omes with an autographed picture of pingo wearing a Pilgrim hat...

By the way, once you adopt a turkey, you are free to do with it as you please. No restrictions. Keep it as a housepet, if you want. Use it to stage turkey fights in your back yard (charge admission!). Or even host an early Thanksgiving Day or two. Really, it's up to you. The possibilities are endless

So please help pingo out and pledge to adopt a turkey today, wont you?

Youll be glad you did

Thank you... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society

LOL, Ache. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You know, I was just thinking...

There are approximately ten regulars/semi-regulars in the forum thesedays: trumpet, Kargiver, Icer, ambergirl, beastsgirl, NovemberBride-y. WinterBride-y, reindeerplank, Robin, and the ultra uptight mothermitzie. I'm sure there are a few more as well, but off the top of my head, I cant think of them right now

But anyway, if the above named ten would simply pledge to adopt 2 1/2 birds apiece (which isnt a lot)...voila! Pingo's turkey problem would be over with just like that. Y-a-h-o-o-o-o!

And please remember, there is no fee associated with these adoptions. The turkeys are free. If Stop & Shop offered you a free turkey, you couldnt get to the store fast enough. Am I right?

So whattya say?

Pingo doesnt need any more of your sympathy.  Nor your advice. What she needs is for you to step up and take these dumb birds off her hands

She has been a good friend to you here for years. I think you all owe her, dont you? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We'll be right behind you, Ache!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

But Pingo had them before she ever put up the birdfeeder - -

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll let Pingo answer as to whether or not the turkeys have been a problem right along.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

These turkeys have been coming for years; long before we set up the bird feeder last year. They have always been such a pain. They are loud and make an awful mess. Plus they can be downright dangerous. "Big, beautiful wild birds trying to survive"  ????
    All I can say to this is, post again after you have been dealing with 15 - 25 of them on a daily basis for years. And by the way close up there is nothing beautiful about them. They are truly ugly. - Pingo

In Response to Re: Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society:
    [QUOTE]They weren't a problem before, now they are.  Turkeys are birds. Big, beautiful wild birds trying to survive,  if you were hungry and saw food,  what would you do?
    Posted by Robin39[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE] "Big, beautiful wild birds trying to survive"  ???? All I can say to this is, post again after you have been dealing with 15 - 25 of them on a daily basis for years. And by the way close up there is nothing beautiful about them. They are truly ugly. - Pingo In Response to Re: Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

pingo:

I agree

Turkeys may be birds...they may be big...and they may be wild

But one thing they sure as hell are not, and that's beautiful

Ugh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]We'll be right behind you, Ache!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

trumpet:

I pledged my 2 1/2

And I implore all of the "above named 10" to pledge their 2 1/2 too!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society : trumpet: I pledged my 2 1/2 And I implore all of the "above named 10" to pledge their 2 1/2 too!
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll put in my request for 2 - but I'd like them corn-fed, and dressed and delivered 2 days before Thanksgiving.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I will take only the half turkeys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I'd also consider taking the jive turkeys.

But it'll cost ya extra.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society : Well, I'll put in my request for 2 - but I'd like them corn-fed, and dressed and delivered 2 days before Thanksgiving.

Thank you for stepping up to the plate, trumpet. I knew that I could count on you

The only turkeys I have right now though are grub-fed, undressed, and have a delivery date on them for a day after tomorrow. That's a reasonable compromise on your request order, right? Yes, I think so too..

PS Let them run loose in your house. Cheerio will have a blast chasing after them. Think of the fun she will have. Good exercise for her too

Okay, 2 down, 23 to go!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]I'd also consider taking the jive turkeys. But it'll cost ya extra.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I'm the only jive turkey around here, and I'm already taken

Will be happy to fill your request for 1/2 a bird though

Thanks for your order!

2 1/2 down. 22 1/2 to go!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

This is Hobart the Horrible, the patriarch and unquestioned leader of the gang of thugs responsible for the Turkey Reign of Terror, aka the TRoT. Also Public Enemy Number 1 in the pingo hosehold for obvious reasons...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

What Pingo needs is a dog. A real dog (not one of these little-runts you see around yapping away). It will have hours of fun chasing the birds around. 

Alternatively, not sure if this link will work:

There are cool motion-detector ultrasonic bird repellers. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin,
    You can notify PETA all you want. I still want to get rid of them, which ever way it takes. If you have never seen an ugly turkey, you haven't seen one close up - like sitting on your deck railing and attacking you. - Pingo

[QUOTE]Leave those big beautiful birds alone!    Keep it up and I'll notify PETA.               www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/hidden-lives-turkeys.aspx              Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I've never seen an ugly turkey,  I have seen some nasty looking people though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Leave those big beautiful birds alone!    Keep it up and I'll notify PETA.               www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/hidden-lives-turkeys.aspx              Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I've never seen an ugly turkey,  I have seen some nasty looking people though.

robin:

For crying out loud. Pingo's home is under attack by these dumb birds. They are tearing up her lawn, defecating on her patio, and basically creating havoc for her every damn day. She has earned the right to be PO'd about the situation and the right to rid herself of this menace by any means necessary.

Normally I would side against pingo on something like this (because it is more fun to do so), but this time I am with her. And I'm not kidding either

Those dumb birds have got to go

Now please pledge your 2 1/2 already... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Can I run my turkey for political office , if so ,do you have it's birth certificate ?
    Posted by Heisinberg[/QUOTE]

Sure. Why not? Please reread the OP. Once the birds are in your posession, you are free to do with them as you please

I never thought about running them for office, but what the hell. They cant do much worse than the moonbats we have representing us in Washington are doing for us now...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

P...ingo
    E...nraged!
    T...urkeys
    A...ttack!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

This is the Venerable Hugh. He is number 2 in the pecking order (no pun intended) in the TRoT just behind Hobart. And number 7 in the Official Turkey Adoption List. He is old and wise. His snood (the long fleshy thing hanging off his bill) is his most prominent and least attractive physiognomic feature...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have two more turkey orders.  Family here today don't know Pingo, but they've heard me speak of her, and two families each offered to "make arrangements" for a turkey.  All orders are off tho if the cilantro works and her numbers dwindle down to a manageable few.  I showed them the pictures you posted, Ache, and I think that's what clinched the deal.  Hope this helps.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Turkeys are not dumb? Maybe not, but you certainly are.
    The turkeys have been here for years without the feeder.
    We put up the feeder last spring, so removing it will not make them leave.

[QUOTE]Turkeys are not dumb,  and they have beautiful coloring, that's a handsome one in the photo you posted.  All Pingo has to do is stop feeding the birds,  and they'll  leave, simple as that. It's discrimination to feed some birds and not others  They see other birds there, they assume they're welcome.   Also, the bird seed attracts mice/rodents including squirrels.  They like to chew on cable and wiring,  any damage they cause is not covered by home owners insurance Another reason to stop feeding them.   This is their nesting season, they have babies to feed,  show some empathy.  It's Mothers Day!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]I have two more turkey orders.  Family here today don't know Pingo, but they've heard me speak of her, and two families each offered to "make arrangements" for a turkey.  All orders are off tho if the cilantro works and her numbers dwindle down to a manageable few.  I showed them the pictures you posted, Ache, and I think that's what clinched the deal.  Hope this helps.

trumpet, thank you very much. That is outstanding news. You are clearly the MVP of the Adopt a Turkey for Pingo program

We have now found homes for 4 1/2 turkeys, and you are personally responsible for 4 of them. Talk about going above and beyond

Now if only the other forum ladies would follow your lead and do their part, we will have pingo's turkey problem fixed in no time

Thanks again, trumpet. Youre the greatest!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Turkeys are not dumb,  and they have beautiful coloring, that's a handsome one in the photo you posted.  All Pingo has to do is stop feeding the birds,  and they'll  leave, simple as that. It's discrimination to feed some birds and not others  They see other birds there, they assume they're welcome.   Also, the bird seed attracts mice/rodents including squirrels.  They like to chew on cable and wiring,  any damage they cause is not covered by home owners insurance Another reason to stop feeding them.   This is their nesting season, they have babies to feed,  show some empathy.  It's Mothers Day!

robin:

At this point, you dont really think pingo gives a you-know-what about nesting seasons and baby feedings, do you? I wouldnt either in her shoes

I like you, Robin, but you have to keep it real

Those birds are a nuissance and need to go

Instead of phoning PETA, you should pledge your 2 1/2...