April 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: April 2011

In Response to Re: April 2011:
    It was a confusing read, Hats.  I had to reread it a couple of times to be sure.  No harm done.  He's just kidding with you.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Actually I was making fun of planet pingo (please note who I responded to) who basically thanked Ihavemyhats for misleading everyone

Hats says, "The postal rates are going up"
    Others inform her, "No, the rates are staying as is"
    pingo says, "Thanks for keeping us on our toes, hats baby!"

This is funny, no?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I won't tell you how much food I had to discard. I don't need another comment from Mr. Creepy. On a second thought, I should have offered it to him. That "poor little earthling boy" would probably have had a feast. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo

You better believe I'd have a feast. Are you kidding me?

With a refrigerator like yours? Grand enough for the Palace at Versailles? Please!

I can only imagine what posh goodies you tossed out...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe, but she doesn't appreciate your sense of humor so why keep at it?  Humor is supposed to be humorous to the subject of the joke; if it's not, it's not good humor.

Speaking of Pingo - how did the pecan pie and hermits turn out?  Were you able to find any brown rice syrup?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't think she's ever really going to make my hermits - she keeps saying she's going to make them and then never does - oh well - we enjoy them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Maybe, but she doesn't appreciate your sense of humor so why keep at it?  Humor is supposed to be humorous to the subject of the joke; if it's not, it's not good humor. Posted by kargiver

You think it amused Tiger Woods last year to be on the receiving end of all those jokes every night from Kimmel, Letterman, Leno et al?

I doubt it, but that didnt stop you from laughing, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't make the jokes nor would I out loud if I thought the subject was hurt by it.

tt, I'm sure she'll make them - they sound delectable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You have evidence that pingo is "hurt"?

I think you underestimate the thickness of her skin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's immaterial to me if she makes them, I just don't understand why she keeps saying she going to - small peanuts.  There are lots of her recipes that sound good too, yet I never make them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She wouldn't call you "mean" if she wasn't hurt.  However, I know she isn't letting it destroy her nor is she curled up in the fetal position on the couch when you poke fun at her.  But, humor requires sensitivity to one's subjects; without it you're a bull in a china shop.  Things/relationships get broken.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

What do you think, Icer, are they going to knock Sharon off?

I watched today, but I never got the vibe that she was"leaving" although, it wouldn't break my heart..her charactor embodies the type of woman I despise..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I might be able to do a photo tutorial for you to make a rose bud...I think the true secret to nice petit fours is in the cutting

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

She wouldn't call you "mean" if she wasn't hurt.  However, I know she isn't letting it destroy her nor is she curled up in the fetal position on the couch when you poke fun at her.  But, humor requires sensitivity to one's subjects; without it you're a bull in a china shop.  Things/relationships get broken.
    Posted by kargiver

1) I dont remember pingo saying I'm "mean". Maybe she did, but I dont recall

2) Humor requires "sensitivity"? It does? Hmmm. I thought it required "funny"

3) pingo and I have a relationship. It's not broken. Just adversarial. I have no problem with it. I dont think she does either

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The recipe I had copied down for the icing, says to freeze the cake first then cut with a pizza cutter, spear and dip each petit four into the icing, taking it off with a fork.  Does that sound reasonable?  Of course, they wouldn't be layered then, no filling in the middle.  What do you think?  Am I taking on more than I can handle?

Took a cake decorating class years ago and for a while decorated family cakes.  I forget which piping end you use to form the petals.  They would just be tiny rosebuds.  How many days ahead do you think I could make them?  Don't forget I have that awful basket to struggle with the snapping ends as I try to weave them, and also there'll be granddaughters over at some point a day or two before to make cookies. ("Sounds to me like she's talking herself out of it!")

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You win.  Gracie's crying to come in...

...whoops, it's crying to get me to play fetch, but her knee...no playing.  I'm stressed about her needing surgery.  We're seeing the vet Wednesday.  Sigh.

Oh, gosh, it's 6:35?  I have a few more things I want to get done before DH gets home.  

G'night, friends. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In my opinion of Ache and Pingo. I didn't get what was going on, but I do see now, they both poke each other, so I do think they both get something out of it.  He makes fun of her and she calls him names.  They both continue to do it, sometimes out of nowhere one of them will say something about the other.  So I don't think anything mean is intended from what I see.  If it really bothered either one of them, they would not respond.  On a brighter note, I am seeing some buds on the trees, nice!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think you're right, Amber.  As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that working for you?"  and for both of them, it works - they're getting something out of it.

8:13 I'm tucking this in here because I am only getting a small box to post in, and it has no bottom, hence no "save post" box.  What's that all about?  Obviously won't be able to post except for adding on this one already done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Made meatloaf last night and we ate it on the patio, such a nice night it was. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Was it windy where you live Winter?  I grilled chicken legs, but DD and I found it way too windy to eat on the patio.  I love eating outside in the summer.  My favorite is Sunday morning breakfast on the patio...  so quiet and all you hear are the birds. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I feel so bad with all the problems you have been having.  Another thought, do you think rebooting your computer might help?  Might not, but when I worked at a Help Desk it was the first thing they had us have someone do.  Wish there was an easy solution as I enjoy your posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had to add on to my previous posting this morning because the box I had to type in was miniscule and had no bottom and no Save post box.  Logged out and then back in, and now have this 6X8" square to type in!  At least the Save post box is there.  Anyone else having this problem?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm not tt.  I do have the same issues with not seeing the "reply to post" etc. but only when I am on IE.  I don't have any problems when I am on Google Chrome. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I still DO NOT have the ability to start a post which is very frustrating.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No problems here - sorry to hear you're still in posting hell, tt.  Other than trying a different browser (they're all free to upload and easy to use) I have no suggestions.  Google Chrome works great for me for all my internet needs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, this morning's solution is to keep signing out and logging back in each time I want to post in my teeny tiny box!  I know the suggestions are for me to get another browser, but I'll wait until "help" is here before doing that.

Had tried to post earlier that yesterday when I was out filling the different dishes I have around with water for the birds, heard the peepers down the pond!  The warm temps evidently brought them up out of their hibernation in the mud.  I'll have to notice when I got out in a little while, if I can still hear them.  My little apple tree has buds.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber is wasn't windy, we ate at about 7 or so.  I was surprised it was so nice.  So the rug I wanted to clean won't fit in the living room so now I'll be shopping for either a 6x9 or a 7X10.  Such a shame it's a lovely rug.

Sections
Shortcuts