April 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2011

User interfaces was my specialty when I was working, and what you're describing for BDC behavior is totally confounding from a behind the scenes perspective.  Not to be a debbie downer, but I can't imagine they are going to straighten it out...ever.

I found some knee braces for dogs with the problem Gracie has.  I wonder if wearing it would allow a small tear to heal without surgery.  I hope our vet knows a lot about this.

Still no rain?  I wonder why the forecast is ever more than, "At some point it will rain.  Other days will be sunny.  Still others cloudy.  Back to you, Joe."  At least then they can have the satisfaction of being right.  Anyway, now they are saying "rain tomorrow" so will get my errands done today.  Dump, grocery store...nothing too exciting.

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I think a weather person has the best job in the world...  even when you mess up and are wrong, you still collect a check! LOL! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You can always get a second opinion regarding surgery for Gracie's knee.  My son adopted a mini doberman who had been abandoned because she had a hip problem.  First vet said immediate surgery was absolutely necessary, 2nd one felt it could be a wait and see how she does.  They've had her 3-4 years now and she walks, jumps and behaves as tho it's not giving her any problem.  The final decision will have to be yours, but at least you can pick the brains of more than one doctor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We'll definitely get a second opinion - good advice.  She's been limping for a couple of months, but maybe with a brace she'd recover.  I do like our vet a lot.  She really seems to take a practical approach to everything.  She could have made a lot more money on us than she has; I've called with a few issues that she's said "wait and see" instead of "come right in" so that gives me a good feeling about how she'll view this issue, too.  She's very conservative.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar,

How is your parakeet?  Are you going to take the vets advice and get her checked out or did you already?  Just hoping all is well with her.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She's acting healthy, energetic, chirping, eating, drinking, moving around like always so we're going to keep up the vitamin water and extra attention and see how it goes.  If she starts acting sick we'll get her checked out.  Thanks for asking!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good to hear : )  thanks for the update!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Kind of you to think of her.  It's hard to tell if the feathers are filling in, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Yesterday such a busy day! But I got everything accomplished, that I wanted to do - including my pedicure and the Hermits. Yes, the Hermits, tt. I should have taken a picture, but was anxious to get them all wrapped and in the freezer. Didn't even had a taste of them. If I remember it, I will take a pic of them in TX.
    What is wrong with Gracies knee, Kar? Did I miss something? Did it happen, while you were away?
    Winter, you started the summer season already, by eating out at pool side. It was indeed a good evening to do so. I bet you will get yourself a huge gas grill soon.
    Sorry about your rug not fitting. Maybe you can sell it. The place I mentioned does buy nice rugs. They will give you a price and then deduct the cleaning expense.
    Have to "do" all my plants today, so they can stay well, while we are away. Especially now, that it gets warmer. Went to Jo-Ann's yesterday, to get my cords for my large plant set up. Noticed they have most of everything on sale. People were buying silk flowers galore. Most yarn was 25% off. Wish I had more time to look around. But I did buy myself a crochet needle and some yarn to take to TX to start practising.
    No rain here yet. Enjoy the warmer weather - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know it may be different for dogs, but Kar before my surgery I was using a knee brace given to me by the ER.  The surgeon said that the brace was actaully weaken the muscles surrounded the ACL so it could make the problem worse as those musles around it is what keeps the knee moving.  The brace was a temproary fix and not to be worn more then a week at most.  I'm sure the surgeon will have suggestions regarding surgery or no surgery.  When is the appointment?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I have a thread in Pets about a ligament tear that I started a couple of days ago.  Sorry; I mentioned it here, but I don't think I gave as much detail so I should hvae pointed you there.

Winter, that makes sense for dogs, too.  I believe that any ligament tear requires surgery in people and dogs, but for dogs it often comes down to what the owners can afford.  But, we're not even sure there's a tear yet; the vet appointment is tomorrow at 10, and hopefully we'll know a lot more after that.

Thanks for everyone's concern!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

All those recipes sound good, but I came across Novemberbrides first this AM, and since I have the ingriedents on hand will try it tonight....will let you know the results tomorrow....and I'll probably try the others one a week....nope tt, you must have forgot to give me that one,will let ya know.
    When I took hubby to get fitted for his elastic stockings, on the wall I noticed this huge basket of many colored flowers done in crewel work....many yrs. ago (in the 70's) I ordered the same pattern from Family Circle, we lived in Dorchester then and the rooms were large, thought this would look real nice in the dining room, my friend had gotten me some Irish linen to put the pattern on, I started working it, then put it aside and next thing I knew we were moving to the South shore and into a tiny house....no room for my large crewel work, this past year I packed it all (pattern,material,thread,picture) up and mailed it to my pen pal in NC.....so glad I got the chance to see it done up in the medical office, just beathtaking!! I have other pcs. that are smaller in other rooms. Was looking at one yesterday, I made it in 1965!! I'm always busy.  Never bored. Take care all, and Keep smiling. ss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber,
    Right, you don't know, what has been going on in the past. Mr. Creepy is lame now, compared to what he used to be.
    He was the one starting the name calling, not just for me, but for several other chatters, that are now gone. Most of them due to his insults. He insulted me several times with my heritage. To a point it became racial.
    Do I get anything out of his poking? Yes, I do. I figure, he must be a never married or divorced, frustrated person. If he had a significant other, he would not be spending this much time harassing an old woman like me.
    He has been banned several times from the Forums, then to show up with a new name only to be banned again. I believe "Ache" is his 4th nom. That he is still posting on the Forums, is because, he cleaned his language quite a bit - and has mellowed. Besides, he knows Dottie is watching him.
    If you guys get fun out of the way he is poking (I call it harassing) me, so be it
    - Pingo

In Response to Re: April 2011:
    In my opinion of Ache and Pingo. I didn't get what was going on, but I do see now, they both poke each other, so I do think they both get something out of it.  He makes fun of her and she calls him names.  They both continue to do it, sometimes out of nowhere one of them will say something about the other.  So I don't think anything mean is intended from what I see.  If it really bothered either one of them, they would not respond.  On a brighter note, I am seeing some buds on the trees, nice!
    Posted by ambergirl

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't think myself or anyone else said we get "fun" out of Ache's pokes that you consider "harrassing".  But you poke him too.  So I was assuming you enjoy the give and take. My observation is you both do it to each other.  You did it last week out of the blue and tt addressed you on why you were doing that.  No I wasn't here for all that happened in the past, but I don't have a problem with him myself.  I find his writings humorous. But if you are saying you find it not funny and hurtful, then ignore him. You both don't like each other but not sure why you both continue.. just ignore each other.  IMO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well said Amber.  This has been hashed and rehashed to a faretheewell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber,
    For one thing, I hope you have noticed, that I generally do not reply to Ache's posts.
    Secondly, to poke fun at someone one or twice - maybe even trice - that is fine. I would accept that and even laugh at it (I am not w/o humor, you know.) But for 4 - 5 years? That I call harassment.
    Yes, when ever one of you refer to him, I respond  back to THAT poster - not him - calling him Mr. Creepy. That is not poking. I truly feel, he is a creepy, despicable person. I wouldn't want to, and hope I never will meet him in person. - Pingo

I don't think myself or anyone else said we get "fun" out of Ache's pokes that you consider "harrassing".  But you poke him too.  So I was assuming you enjoy the give and take. My observation is you both do it to each other.  You did it last week out of the blue and tt addressed you on why you were doing that.  No I wasn't here for all that happened in the past, but I don't have a problem with him myself.  I find his writings humorous. But if you are saying you find it not funny and hurtful, then ignore him. You both don't like each other but not sure why you both continue.. just ignore each other.  IMO
    Posted by ambergirl

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I personally do not get any amusement from the pingo-ache drama and wish one of them would step up and totally ignore everything said by or about the other.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amen, Kar!
    But it hurt my feelings, when chatters bring up, how wonderful and funny Mr. Creepy is on my expense. They just don't know him.
    And this is my "faretheewell" to this subject. - Pingo

Well said Amber.  This has been hashed and rehashed to a faretheewell.
    Posted by kargiver

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can understand that, but in the scheme of life what others think of him or anything he has to say can't be that important, right?  We love you, and nothing anyone can say can change how we feel about the person we know you are.  If they weren't here then, oh, well.  They won't get it from the perspecitve you have.  But, give us some credit, would ya (Wink) - he won't change anything about your relationships here. 

ETA:  And, if you dislike him so much and don't respect him, how can anything he says be hurtful?  Like I told BIL, "You can talk, but all my brain will process is 'blah, blah, blah,' so you might as well save your breath."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to see that I again have "the box" so I can get a post off to you before you leave for Texas, Pingo.  Have a wonderful trip, and I hope the weather isn't as stormy as it seems to have been according to the TV.  Safe, travel, good food and company, a fun time, is what I wish you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And my last note on this subject.  I have never replied to Ache nor do I recall anyone else when he says anything directed at you or vice versa.  Your dislike for each other is personal but it makes me uncomfortable when it happens. But again, I thought is was a give and take since you both do it.  When I say he is funny, it is from his poems or posts that are NOT directed at you.  I certainly don't want to be in the middle of this but I feel your feelings are hurt because you in some way, you expect us all to dislike him.  I don't. I like both of you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Same here.  I was here in the days you refer to, Pingo, and never found him offensive, but I remember how angry he made you and you've explained why.  I respect that, but I don't feel the same way, and I'd like to have that respected (not agreed with) just as much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh no, Amber. Never, ever would I expect you and others dislike some poster, I don't get along with. Vendictive is one thing I am NOT.
    I like you too, Amber.

And my last note on this subject.  I have never replied to Ache nor do I recall anyone else when he says anything directed at you or vice versa.  Your dislike for each other is personal but it makes me uncomfortable when it happens. But again, I thought is was a give and take since you both do it.  When I say he is funny, it is from his poems or posts that are NOT directed at you.  I certainly don't want to be in the middle of this but I feel your feelings are hurt because you in some way, you expect us all to dislike him.  I don't. I like both of you.
    Posted by ambergirl

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Pingo Laughing  Have a wonderful time in Texas!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not going to get into this other than to say what I've said before that has gotten me into trouble - we need to keep our perspective - this is just a message board. 

Sections
Shortcuts