April 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2011

When's your trip, Pingo?  I totally missed it!  Guess I didn't catch up as well as I should have....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

pingo -

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Texas.  In your defense, I remember how bad it was here, and I understand how you feel.  However, I just got tired of it and use the ignore button.  I have no idea what's been going on because I don't see any of it.  Ignorance is bliss!

Enjoy your trip and I hope the goodies travel well.

mothermitzi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a safe and fun trip Pingo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I thought of you tt and your Buddha when I seen this : )

<a href="<a href=

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesome photo - hilarious!!!  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How long will you be in TX, Pingo?  Be sure to post some pics when you get back!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, I love that, Amber!  How cute.  On the Ellen DeGeneres show this morning she had a video of a tiger car and a porpoise putting noses together and rubbing head against chin.  Cutest thing.

Feel I have to warn that this probably is it, have to go through all kinds of clicking and contraptions to get this little postage size box to post in.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so if I don't respond to something one of you post today, tain't my fault!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I promise, last one, but I found this hysterical Sealed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

that stinks tt....  so wish you could find a solution...  love the Ellen show!!  Watched it every day when I was out of work.  Miss it, she is so funny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I heard she is going in Oprah's spot - -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Funny pictures amber!

Pingo - Have a wonderful trip to TX!  Hope you have uneventful travels and a fun-filled visit.  My best to your family.  They are lucky to have you.  Safe travels friend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I value and respect everyone here on Chat as personal friends.

Now, let's change the subject, shall we?

Plants are all done. Now on to check clothing, folding and put it out, so I just have to pack it tomorrow. We will not be leaving until the afternoon. That with the Pecan Pie, the Hermits, 2 dozen Bagels (they don't have a fresh bagel place in SA), 3 jars of Matjes Herrings plus some special spices I need for the smorgas board. Not to forget our youngest son's trimmer - he asked me to bring it so I can give him a trim, while there. DH said this morning," We only need one suitcase for the two of us!" Yea right. Especially with the amount of shirts, polos, pants, he always wants to bring. Glad I got our son's birthday gift shipped directly down there.

Now, that the weather has turned so lovely up here, I am going to TX. Son should have been born in January. Bad planning. LOL

So sorry to hear about Gracie's knee problem. How did she manage to tear a ligament? Rough housing with her buddy? Hope the vet can take care of it w/o surgery. Poor puppy.

I am sure you all must be preparing for Easter. I have made reservation for the 4 of us at Andover Inn. And I am glad with this ref/freezer problem of ours. At home, I would have had a crowd. With out being able to prepare ahead, I would not have been able to manage and stressed out.
    On to the next item on my list - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope they don't search your bags, Pingo, or I bet all your wonderful goodies will "mysteriously" disappear.  Maybe take them on the plane with you!!  Just kidding, I'm sure they'll make it...almost. ;)

Gracie could have torn her knee roughhousing, for sure, they are so rough when they play.  But, I strongly suspect it was her falling through the crust on the 3 feet of snow.  One back leg would crash through and the other would be left stuck up in a horribly unnatural position.  Then, she'd have to flounder all over the place to get back on her way.  

Aside from my early egg thing I haven't thought about Easter at all - I better get crackin'.  Maybe we'll do something with SIL's family.

Have a great trip - happy travels and visits!!  

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber that reminds me of tt as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My son is with his dad this Easter they are going to NY to visit my son's other grandparents.  I will be going out to eat with DH's family. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

In Response to Re: April 2011:
    User interfaces was my specialty when I was working, and what you're describing for BDC behavior is totally  confounding from a behind the scenes perspective.  Not to be a debbie downer, but I can't imagine they are going to straighten it out... ever . I found some knee braces for dogs with the problem Gracie has.  I wonder if wearing it would allow a small tear to heal without surgery.  I hope our vet knows a lot about this. Still no rain?  I wonder why the forecast is ever more than, "At some point it will rain.  Other days will be sunny.  Still others cloudy.  Back to you, Joe."  At least then they can have the satisfaction of being right.  Anyway, now they are saying "rain tomorrow" so will get my errands done today.  Dump, grocery store...nothing too exciting. ~kar
    Posted by kargiver

Kar, I think there is a honey from either New Zealand or Australia that is great for healing (open) wounds.  It may be called "medihoney" or "manuka" honey.  I think that if you googled it you would be able to understand how it is used.  Regular store bought honey does not have the same healing properties.  Glad you had such a great trip. The pictures from the condo were wonderful but I do think the glass walls would get to me....don't like heights very much!  Obbie

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, are you around?  Really would like your opinion about whether or not you think I'd be taking on too much making the petit fours - me being the novice I am with complicated things.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, Obbie!  Thanks, but Gracie doesn't actually have an open wound - the injury (we think it's a ligament tear) is on the inside.

I've never attempted petit fours, and, fwiw, after I looked at how to make them I never plan to.  If I wanted to serve them, I'd buy frozen ones from Trader Joe's!  However, you're no baking novice, tt - I bet you could make anything you put your attention to.  I'm sure icer can be more informative, though.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, I'm not a baker who likes a lot of fussy work - amazed I've made those Bread Baskets of Icer's as often as I have, sort of got roped into it, once you make one, they keep asking for another.  However, the idea of individually dipping and painstakingly forking these little cakes off the skewer, not to mention heating and reheating the icing to be soft enough, I don't know.  I thought Icer might have made them and could give me some tips.  Also not sure about putting a filling layer in.  I suppose I could bake the cake, split, layer with a jam/frosting and then freeze, ready to be cut another day.  Wish Icer lived closer to walk me through it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I have never made Petite Four. But this recipe from Allrecipes seems easy enough. They just cut the cake in shapes, then place them on a cake rack and just pour the icing over. No dipping individually (what a pain).
    Good luck - Pingo

ttp://allrecipes.com//Recipe/petits-fours/Detail.aspx

ETA: The pouring method seem the way to go, especially if you plan to put raspberry jam in btw. the layers.

You know, I'm not a baker who likes a lot of fussy work - amazed I've made those Bread Baskets of Icer's as often as I have, sort of got roped into it, once you make one, they keep asking for another.  However, the idea of individually dipping and painstakingly forking these little cakes off the skewer, not to mention heating and reheating the icing to be soft enough, I don't know.  I thought Icer might have made them and could give me some tips.  Also not sure about putting a filling layer in.  I suppose I could bake the cake, split, layer with a jam/frosting and then freeze, ready to be cut another day.  Wish Icer lived closer to walk me through it. 
    Posted by toytrumpet

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think there are many styles of petit fours.  Read through the instructions, imagine doing each step, and pick the least complicated ones.  No one will notice they are all the "easiest" - they are all tasty and pretty!

However, I have to admit, I'd totally go with the frozen.  I've found that anything that takes attention on a bite sized level is a pain in the rear that always takes longer than I expect it will.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Pingo.  I did see that.  Don't know where I got my original notes that I have, probably from some TV food show that I was watching.  The more I stew about it the more I think I would be better off making the cherry meringue kisses.  Family liked them when I made them, and others at G.T.s haven't seen them yet, so they might think them a treat.  Why make life difficult?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You know where I stand on that decision, lol, with my saying I'd get frozen TJ's petit fours. ;)  Of course, they'll be a beautiful, yummy treat no matter who's seen them before!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Meringues are always nice. How about making them lemony (chopped lemon drops and tiny choc chips) with a few drops of yellow food coloring - just for Easter.
    I once made peppermint meringues for Christmas using peppermint candies  (place in plastic bag and hit them hard with a rolling pin) and tiny choc chips. They were such a hit.
    I feel kind of strange, that I don't have to prepare for Easter this year - so you have to excuse me for being a part of yours.
    - Pingo

Thanks, Pingo.  I did see that.  Don't know where I got my original notes that I have, probably from some TV food show that I was watching.  The more I stew about it the more I think I would be better off making the cherry meringue kisses.  Family liked them when I made them, and others at G.T.s haven't seen them yet, so they might think them a treat.  Why make life difficult?
    Posted by toytrumpet

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lemon is a good idea too.  I use gelatin to flavor and color mine.  We'll see.  I'm kind of waiting to hear back from Icer too.  She may be putting together that tutorial for me on making my tiny rosebuds.

Still have the kids' baskets to fill and since Lilly and brother and sister are coming to G.T.'s, will pick up something for each of them.  Probably take a run out to that candy shop on the Lynnfells.

Never did find eggs at all like yours, Kargiver.  That would have made such a great gift in my bread "bread basket"!

Sections
Shortcuts