April 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Re: April 2011

Kargiver, do any of the churches in your area do an outdoor Mass or service? It won't eliminate the seasonal allergy problem completely, but you could investigate. Two of the Catholic churches in South Boston do an Easter Mass at dawn at Castle Island, which is very well attended and absolutely breathtaking on a clear day, with the sun coming up over the ocean.

ETA: That would be too far for you, but some of the churches closer to Central/Western MA might do the same thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We are getting THUNDER here in no uncertain terms, and I can hear the seagulls circling overhead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

RFBF, so kind of you to make that suggestion, thank you!  I'll look into it; they should be advertised in local papers...

Thunder, tt?  I did notice a lot of red and yellow on the radar to the west and east of us - it's filling in toward our area.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love the sound of those seagulls - that and a foghorn.  Can't hear a foghorn here, but the seagulls do come inland when a storm is coming. The rain is really coming down now too.  Luckily I can wait it out and scoot out later when it has let up, which the weatherman promises it will.  In the meantime, I'll get a few things done around here.  Glad I brought my trays of pansies inside.  They'd be smashed down with this heavy rain and not show off at all for my Saturday pick up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

I got very wet coming to work this morning.  Boston is always windy as I am by the water, so not fun.  Kar, couldn't have said it better when you said "So, can we please drop it?  Neither of you are going to accept that the other isn't nuts and/or mean-spirited.  And, we can all make up our own minds going forward."  I hear both of their points, so it makes it hard.  Hopefully they can move forward as you suggested.  I hope Gracie only had a sprain too.  I certainly wouldn't want that beautiful girl to have to have surgery.  You made me chuckle about her leg being better the day of the appointment.  About 6 years ago, my daughter discovered Amber having a seizure in the living room.  Talk about panic!  So we both race to the vets which was close by thank God and as soon as we got there Amber was running around and wagging her tail.  I kept looking at the vet and saying, she had a seizure, I seen it!  He reassured me it was common for them to recover quickly and not remember it.  I had a choice of having lots of tests done or waiting to see if it happened again.  I decided to wait before I did all that and thank God she never had another one.  To this day we don't know why she had it.  So hopefully the same will be true for Gracie.  Just one of those things that doesn't happen again.  Please keep us posted..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So funny (well, not at the time) about Amber's seizure with your having to insist it really happened - glad it was just a one time thing!  

Off we go - yup, in the pouring rain.  See ya'll when we get back!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar good luck at the Vet.  tt, glad you can wait it out before going out.  I too brought plants (rose bushes) in from outside last night.  I must get those planted this weekend.  I need to find some curtains for the living room. I've looked online but nothing is grabbing me...which store to start at.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter,

I bought my curtains a www.countrycurtains.com. You might want to check them out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Heavy rain and thunder and lightning here. It did clear up for a while, but now it is taking revenge. I am not worried about going to the airport. From garage to "entry" under cover. One of our employees is taking us. I am more worried about taking off on time, so we don't miss our connection in Houston. It is a huge airport with miles of walking (mostly running) from gate to gate.
    Was thinking of you Amber, November and Winter this morning, who all had to get out early in this miserable weather. Driving and waiting for transportation must have been miserable.
    Kar, I am hoping for a sprain too. But would that heal from one day to the other? So hope the girl gets a clean bill of health and do not need surgery.
    And Kar, I have indeed moved on a long time ago. But racism is not just Black and White.  And several times I was indeed made fun of due to my heritage - "that immigrant". Wouldn't you be upset with someone, who continues to call you a liar on a public forum? Even as late as yesterday. I wish, we could go back and read some of his old posts. But we can't. BDC deleted them. Why were his posts deleted, and not everyone else's? Go figure. I can understand, you guys feel different about all this (which is fine with me), since none of you - except for tt - have been his target. And you are right, Kar - nothing will change, until I feel I am no longer being stalked or taunted.

I am almost packed. Just have to retrieve what is in the freezer, which I will do just before we leave. I am glad, I don't have to run any errands today - just busy picking up and get the house in order before we leave. - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

If you're at all near the Ann and Hope cutain outlet on Route 1, they have a great selection of curtains/drapes.  Copies of the Country Curtains, and other less expensive, so you can end up paying as much or as little as you want.  I got my kitchen valences there, different, and I love them, AND they were on sale.

What time is your flight, Pingo?  I just got back in, ran out when it seemed to be letting up here, but of course by the time I got to Peabody it was pouring again.  Had thought of making a few stops on the way home, but altho the traffic on Route 1 was light, it was so steamy from all the water being kicked up, I decided to come right home.

As for Ache, let it go, Pingo.  What's past is past.  His posts of late are harmless and you're only hurting yourself by hanging on to what was said and done in the past.   Perhaps if you try to enjoy his wit (such as in his Cheerio cat episode) you can get to where you can appreciate the funny posts he does.  Don't let him have such control over you that you keep reliving what's over and done with.  That's my lecture for the day.  Relax and have a wonderful time in Texas.  When are you coming back?  Sunday?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice you don't have to handle luggage in the rain, and what nice folks to take you to the AP!  Hope your whole trip is as stress free.  Aren't you going to TX, by the way?

Got back with Gracie with some pretty good news.  She's not a candidate for surgery "yet."  She's being tested for the 4 possible tick diseases since they can cause joints to not heal properly, and she's on "leash rest" meaning she can't be outside unless she's on a leash and then just to go to the restroom.  The doc thinks that if it's a tear it's tiny, and it's probably a bad sprain or muscle pull that should recover if she stays totally off it for these 2 weeks.  This will be roughest on DH who nearly insists on pretending nothing is wrong and playing as usual especially since she's stopped limping so profoundly.  The doc said she is definitely still favoring her left leg, though, by standing with all her weight on her right.

Thanks for all your concern about our "baby!" :)  Oh, and she's down to a healthy, svelt 75 lbs.  Yay!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Time for lunch?  How's this sound?  I'm looking at a beautiful salad - -
    Lettuce, strawberries, mandarin orange segments, pineapple, red seedless grapes, with a dash of dressing and a scoop of cottage cheese in the middle - YUM!

Oh, what the heck - - -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wonderful news Kar!  Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Of course, she's going to Texas, Kargiver -- guess I was just thinking warm beaches on this drizzly, dreary day!

Good news about Gracie.  Hope she continues to heal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just when I think I have heard it all.  This is on Boston.com.  Call me old fashioned and I love my dog, BUT SHE IS A DOG.  LOL

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2011/04/13/opulent_lodgings_arise_in_boston_strictly_for_pets/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Nice looking lunch TT...I am having a chicken salad made with blue chees mayo on toasted rye..Honey is comin home for lunch and he will have the rice pilaf from last nights supper with some beef.

Thanks for the link Amber..intersting read..It does seem to be a dog eat dog world so why not a spa for your pet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you my friend, tt. I will definitely have a great time in Texas (not Florida, LOL). Ache is not going to spoil that. I must admit, I didn't read the "cat episode", except for the first few posts. B/c not only did I realize, he had slithered his way into cat mom's hearts (smart guy, he is), but most of his post are to throw a wedge at me, so why bother.

We will not be leaving until 2:30, so right now, I am on a kind of on a stand-still. I am waiting for 24 bagels to be delivered - so I can finish packing. Seeing it is going to be in the 80th and no rain - I am looking forward to eat at pool side and take a dip in the pool. Besides our son makes the best, meanest Margaritas. Plenty of fresh Limes in TX, and they don't pay the price, we pay here. $2 for a huge bag.
    Our DIL is an expert oyster-chucker and our son grills them. They will get a bunch of them, and we will have a feast. Plus the Gulf Shrimps are absolutely without comparison. You can rarely get them here. I am going to buy a few lbs. - freeze them and bring them back with me. My only concern is the radiation from Japan. Will have to check on that.

Thanks for the tip on the RT.1 traffic. Will keep that in mind. We will be back Monday night. Hope your Petite Fours will be done and in your freezer by then. Good luck with them - don't forget to take a picture.
     - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

trying to decide what to have for lunch myself.  can I come over tt?  It is a dog eat dog world icer, so why not is right!  LOL!  I don't even treat myself that good!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like a yummy lunch, tt! 

Pingo, I remember the whole thing, really.  I interpretted the intent behind his comments and would have responded differently than you did.  But, of course, friends don't always see things the same way or would react the same way under the same circumstances.

You must be about ready to walk out the door?  Gone already, maybe?  Have a wonderful time!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lovely looking salad, tt!

You're packing 24 bagels along with all your other goodies?  Where will your clothes, go? LOL!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, want to share? I am not far away.
    Such good news, Kar. Hope Gracie will recover fully. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I always have plenty of salad makings, Amber, so you're welcome any day - 11:30 is my usual lunchtime.  Thawed out a couple of hermits to have with a cuppa too, we can enjoy that during Y&R when we see what's the latest with Sharon.  Frankly, I'm getting interested in the Chloe/Jenna subplot. 

Every time I get up and leave the room Cheerio makes her way over to the nice warm cushion that I leave on this chair!  Poor baby is all huddled up in as small a ball as she can make today.  I'll have to carry her back in the l.r. with me and make a nest of the afghan, under the light, for her to warm up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  The real trick will be to get DH to let her recover quietly - he cannot resist her cries and barks to throw that stick...

ETA:  tt, we were posting at the same time, but your comment about Cheerio taking your warm spot prompted me to post that I actually got the wood stove going when we got home!   Cheerio has the right idea.  And, Gracie is curled up in her crate after a stressful morning.  I bet she'll be out when she figures out the stove is going, though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio's nest - All's right in Cheerio's world now.  I'll go join her on the other end of the couch and watch my soap.  And, I promise no more pics today - unless she does something extra cute!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love all your pics, tt - please don't censor!  

Sections
Shortcuts