April 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April 2011

Winter, all kinds of green stems are coming up now, Iris, jonquils, daffodils, crocus, I'm sure you'll be pleased when they bloom.  And the best part is that they will come up every year on their own.  You can always plant other things in front or behind them for after they've stopped blooming.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache,

Pingo posted a personal message for you on CC.  It is nice, I hope you consider it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, awesome daffodil photo!  Our day lilies are just starting to poke above the ground...not photo worthy yet!  DH was in RI today, and he said the forcythia is out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Opened this up in my morning email - thought I would pass it along for your morning smile:

A mother was concerned because her kindergarten age son would not let her walk him to school each morning.  She wanted to keep an eye on him to make sure he got there safely, so she asked her neighbor if she would mind walking a distance behind him each morning for a week, just to be sure he got there alright.  The neighbor agreed, thinking it would be a good time for her and her toddler to get out and get some exercise each morning.

The next morning as Timmy and the little girl he was walking with, walked along, talking, kicking sticks, the neighbor and her toddler set out behind them.  She did this for a week.

At the end of that time the little girl Timmy was walking with said, "Have you noticed that lady and girl that are walking behind us every day?" 
    "Yeah," said Timmy nonchalantly.  "I know them." 
    "Who are they?"
    "Oh that's just Shirley Goodnest and her daughter, Marcy."
    "Shirley Goodnest?  Why the heck is she following us?"

"Well," explained Timmy, every night my mother makes me say the 23rd psalm with my prayers 'cuz she worries about me so much.  And in the psalm it says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me all the days of my life' - so I guess I'll just have to get used to it."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning tt,

Haaaaaa!!!!  That made my morning : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did you get a pic of the magnolia, Amber?  This morning with the sun would be a perfect time -

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I totally forgot  : (  I am going to get my cell phone ready for the way home, but it depends on if I get a seat and if I get one on that side of the street. Same going into work.  The same location if I recall correctly has 2 more that bloom pink and they do the most beautiful flower garden in front of them.  I will def get a picture as it is so pretty.  I must do some research on this house as it is huge and I think it is historical.  It is well taken care of, so not sure what it is used for today. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OMG, that was hilarious - I must send it to my parents; my dad is a pastor and joke lover.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Well, I love google for a reason.  I found out it is the Davenport Memorial Home.  It is actually a nursing home. This place is gorgeous!  Tried to find pictures online but couldn't.  I must tell daughter when she threatens to put me in a home, that she best save her money as that is where I am going. LOL!  I take walks to the square on weekend, so will def take pictures when all the magnolia trees and flower gardens are bloomed.  Always makes my bus ride nicer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  Great joke tt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I found a website that shows the property when it was first built in 1892.  Love stuff like this.  If anyone else does, enjoy!

http://www.davenporthome.org/slideshow.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks,Amber.  What a beautiful piece of property.  Are the stables still attached?  Lots of times those get lost as the time goes on.  When G.T. first moved to Western MA they bought a house that originally had been part of an estate, the carriage house.  He would really appreciate seeing property like this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, that's 6 years before my great-grandmother (who died at age 101 in 1999) was born.  Neat!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes tt, the house looks exactly the same.  No horses though : )  I went exploring on that website and the rooms are gorgeous.  Some surprising stuff I read below: I tried to make the font smaller on the second one, but it wouldn't let me.

"It is my will that the Home shall...be maintained and operated upon the very highest standard of equipment, furnishings and service...that it shall never become institutional in character and that quality shall always be preferred to quantity."

~ Miss Alice M. Davenport
    August 1943

The home welcomes men and women in good mental and physical health who are capable of independent living and have reached the age of 65 years. Room and board are free to eligible applicants. Applicants are responsible for their own medical bills and medications, and are requested to maintain supplemental health insurance. Telephones, cable television service beyond the basic tier and automobile expenses are the responsibility of the residents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, if you google Davenport Memorial Home and click on the arieal view photo, it gives you a gorgeous picture of the house.  Am going to send it to G.T.  Reminds me of his house, but of course Davenport is much larger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Drat, the picture doesn't come up when I click on the link.  I'm sure its some setting on the computer.  Will have to look at home.

Good morning friends. I'm in a great mood this morning after having a wonderful visit with friends last night.  The baby was just precious, and it was nice to catch up with the Mom and Dad. 

I'm just sick of my winter clothes, so I raided the spring bin in the basement when I was doing laundry.  It feels so good to have short sleeves on, although I defintiely need some color!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes, that is the house as it looks now.  It really is gorgeous and I have to make sure I get those pictures.  It is breathtaking when the magnolia trees bloom.  I may see if I can get on a list when I turn 60....  give me 5 years : )  I already pulled out my spring clothes last weekend November as like you, I couldn't stand my winter clothes any longer.  Happy you had a great visit with family and new baby. Nothing like the smell of a newborn... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Isn't it just supernatural how time with great friends makes life so joyful?!  So happy for you, Nov!  I'm sure they are feeling the same way this morning.  It inspires me to make plans to lunch with someout "out East" soon. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

on a last note about the house.  did you see tt where room and board is free?  It is non-profit.  it does say there is a long waiting list..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, that did catch my eye.  I imagine first on the list are those that already live in town, plus I'm sure there are other criteria - organizations/affiliations one belongs to.  I know nothing about Malden.  I think the only time I was there was years ago to the downtown section shopping.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As for spring clothes, I'm debating what to wear to the bridal shower Sat.  Think after I shower this morning I'll try on the new birthday clothes and see if one of those outfits seems appropriate - and warm enough - my shoulders/arms are always chilly.  I think it's only supposed to be in the 50's Sat with showers coming in in the afternoon, so I may be better in the same old/same old I'm wearing now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah - sadly, it might be "free," but it's not free - an exclusive place like that is not simply first on the list, first in unless it's run by utopian aliens, lol.

Gracie is miserable under house arrest on such a gorgeous day.  She's in her crate (with the door wide open, by the way) bemoaning her situation.  Oh, here she is, out and making the rounds to the doors crying.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

If only you could explain - - -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It does say Malden residents get precedent and I'm sure it is who you know, but it was the wish in the will of the daughter of the original owners that it be used for that purpose.  I think it is pretty wonderful.  Hey I can dream right?  LOL   Poor
    Gracie...  don't you wish they could talk, so you could explain it to her? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, that house is beautiful.  Kar, that's sad that's Gracie's crying at the door.  If only you could explain it to her.

Sections
Shortcuts