April 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: April 2011

Good morning all on this glorious sunny morning. Nice to see the sun out after yesterday's mess. Hopefully the snow will be gone soon.

tt, how is your son doing? You told us you were going to see him today with your basket. Is he home already? Even though the surgery is over, the worst part - rehabilitation - is to come. Hopefully he will recover quickly.

Kar, did they come or didn't they? Wishing you a wonderful trip to Palm Beach. Make sure you take som pictures for us to envy. I know you are only gone for a few days, but enjoy every minute. I hope your stay will be sans BIL:(

On different boring note. I bought 10 lbs. of basic bird seeds yesterday. The bag looks the same, but the seeds look totally different than the ones I have been buying during the winter. I am just wondering, if the manufacturer changes the seed in accordance with the seasons to satisfy a different flock of visitors? This one has a lot more cracked corn and peanuts f. ex. I still have the sunflower seeds for the titmice and chickadees and the nygar seeds for the finches separately.

Enjoy the day - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, all!

T minus 3 hours 'til we have to leave.  The last minute rush is ON!  Gracie's at the kennel, the trash is at the dump, but I still have to pack, make the bed with the sheets in the dryer, and do the last round of dishes.

Aunt and uncle finally called THIS MORNING to say they aren't coming but appreciate the invitation. PHEW!!!  Everybody's happy.

Thanks, again, for all the well wishes for our trip.  Will miss you!

Blessings until we meet again,
    ~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, you may not read this until later. At least I know my prayers worked. Now you can enjoy mini vacation. I was so hoping DH's uncle and aunt would not be coming. You would not have had a relaxed moment. Bless them. They are not "odd" people, but people with a sense of "the right thing to do". Your DH did what he thought was the right thing to do (prodded by his parents?), but his U & A knew better.
    Kar, you have a great in-law family - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, from Worcester Airport!  (free WiFi)

Pingo, you are so right, I have great in-laws (except for you know who, and he'll NOT be there, yay!).  Yes, they are odd, but they also have a good sense of right and wrong.  Not that it would have been wrong, per se, to accept an invitation, but we all know.

The plane should be boarding in another 10 minutes or so, and we'll get to Palm Beach at 11:00 if all goes according to plan.

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes!  Will try to check in...not sure what is planned for our days or if in-laws have wifi.

Have a great week and know I'll be taking off center photos for ya. ;)

Blessings,
    ~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good late morning,
    Have been busy doing laundry and starting my crockpot with a pork stew. Plus trying to get a picture of the finches. Here is one feeding from the sack of Nygar seeds:

I know, it is kind of dark, but that's the best I could do.

Kar, thanks for your greetings from 'Wooster'. Never thought of flying out of there, but it could be an option. Will have to look into that. We have tried Manchester and Providence - but never Worcester. Hope you are enjoying the warm climate and basking in the sun. Not too bad here today.

tt, haven't heard from you since Thursday. Is all well with you, your son and your family? Or are you just not able to post. Hope you will check in with us later.

Bg, so strange about your name. Did you ask Dottie, why this is happening? But at least as Kar says, you have made peace with it, and it really doesn't matter, we all know, who you are anyway. How is DD doing these days?

Back to the kitchen. After a cooking up a storm this morning have to clean it up. DH is playing tennis. After he gets back, we will be on our way to the office.  - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi everyone. I so wish I was Kar right now. The house is being powerwashed, the carpeting is being deep cleaned, basement being done over. On top of it all, I have a migraine. Thankyou so much for asking about my D.D. Pingo, and all of you  who have been so kind and supportive. I still don't get the pumpsygreen thing, but it is odd. Take care all. I know our home will look great, but right now the noise, and lack of privacy, AGH! "Charlie Brown" bg/pg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I wonder how tt is doing.  Kar is probably relaxing in the sun right now.  bg and Pingo I hope you have a good day.  Novem, where have you been?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Just a pop in, have early appts. today.  My son's shoulder surgery held no surprises, except for him, being that he finds it more painful than back surgery he has had.  It was one day surgery, at 7:30, lasting 2 1/2 hours, and he was home at 2:30.  I visited him Saturday, bringing the basket, chicken soup, hermits, grapenut pudding, and gingerale, talked with him yesterday, and he and DIL were going out for a short walk.  Neither of them are ones to baby themselves at all, and really wouldn't let me do much for them.  Differences in them with gifts -- he had already opened 3 of the presents and she had opened none -- attached poem says open "one a day"!

Glad to read that all of you are doing well.

Note for Ache:  Heard on the Today show this morning that Helen Mirren is hosting SNL this week-end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning everyone!! I had the most inspiring morning.  I was at the park with puppy, as usual, and to my right was a gorgeous sunrise, all blue and pink and orange with golden streams of sunlight... then to my left, where the sky was already blue, there was a HUGE rainbow!  I didn't have my camera, or even my phone to snap a photo, but it was so beautiful I had to stop and take it all in.  Very peaceful way to start a Monday.

Winter, thanks for looking out for me!  The past two weeks have been a non-stop whirlwind.  Nothing particularly exciting, just lots going on.  Work has been busy, with a couple of time consuming projects. Then, last week I had things to do out of the house after work 4 out of 5 nights, and the week before, 5 out of 5 nights!  Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to my vacation at the end of the month!

The time has really been flying by, at least my extracarricular schedule this week is confined to one night (as of right now) and one more optional event.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mothermitzi, Todd English is making osso bucco on the Today show this morning, He braises pork shanks in a mixture that includes 2 bottles of root beer, and 1 of stout - plus many spices, onion carrots, etc.  Thought you might be interested in googling the program and seeing his recipe.

Hope you are well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    How glad I am to see your posts, tt. I thought we might have lost you again - you being upset over Dottie's last post to you on the Forum thread: Your problems seem to be particular to your computer, not the Forums. I am glad it is not so.
    Good to hear the patient is on his way to recovery.

Winter did you get your carpet cleaned? Your new furniture should come this week. Right? Excitement in the Winter household.

What a wonderful morning to start a new week, November. Those special moments do not come by too often. Maybe it was indeed meant for you, after your two weeks of "tornadoes", as you called it. Haven't seen the sun around here this morning.

Boring day for me today. Have to get our summer stuff ready, as we are leaving for TX next week for a few days. It is 80 plus right now going towards 90 at the end of the week. Plus I want to make a Pecan Pie and tt's Hermits to bring with us. Both of which our son loves. I will also bring Linzer Cookies for our DIL, but I buy those at Spinelli's. What can I bring for our grand-kitties?
    Then I have to start getting our guest rooms ready, as DH brother and his wife will be coming right after we get back.
    Chat later, Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Todd English is making osso bucco on the Today show this morning, He braises pork shanks---

Pork shanks? That is a new one to me. Osso Buco is usually veal shanks. Sounds really interesting to me, since veal shanks have become so very expensive and not always available. - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, I love love your signature line.  Pingo, we haven't gotten it cleaned yet and the earliest the furniture will be in is Friday, but we can only do a Saturday delivery and this Saturday we have a wedding to go too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi all! This is my third try at posting in the past half hour. Hopefully it will go through this time. November, what an awesome way to start your day! A gorgeous rainbow! Winter, I agree with you re signature lines, they do say a lot, and are inspiring. Pingo, Texas, 80 degrees, That sounds so great! Godspeed to you and D.H. t.t., so happy your D.H. is doing well post surgery. Um, if someone gave me a gift basket with a note to say "open one a day", I would open one at 11:59 P.M, another at 12:01 A.M., and OOPS! one just tore open by accident! Winter, how was your carpet cleaning? The guys that worked on our house this weekend were fantastic, but I got a severe headache. I am prone to migraines, so I'm hesitent to blame that, but the chemical smell was awful. It's gone now though.Take care all!bg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

t.t, Oops, I meant D.S. bg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Um, if someone gave me a gift basket with a note to say "open one a day", I would open one at 11:59 P.M, another at 12:01 A.M., and OOPS! one just tore open by accident!"

Funny, bg, because when I checked on them today my DIL told me my son and his dau are in cahoots - each feeling the wrapped gifts and guessing at what was in them!  He's already opened the lupini beans even tho another present had just been opened, because said he, "when I felt it was a bottle I didn't want it to spill!"  Yeah, right!

I picked up a couple more sports magazines today, and will make a lemon bread to take over in a day or two.  Maybe beef stew come Thursday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: April 2011:
    [QUOTE]Note for Ache:  Heard on the Today show this morning that Helen Mirren is hosting SNL this week-end.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Oh, that should be good. I didnt know

Def gonnna watch

Thanks for the heads up, trumpet:)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Really?  No chat today?  Hope everyone is having a good day.  =)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got in just before the rain started here, in time to make a nice fruit salad for lunch and start a pan of stew meat simmering for beef stew.  I've set a lemon out on the table so I won't forget the lemon bread I want to make.

Busy last few 6 days or so, but a good busyness, with a sense of being able to help out in some small way.

Have had several medical appts in that time (don't they always come due at the same time?) and good reports from all, so for the time being all's right with the world.  Family surgeries are all behind us now and we start the process of healing.

Swung by the library and picked up a book, "Who Occupies This House" by Kathleen Hill, a novel of four generations of an Irish American family that has lived in the same house for almost a century.  Hoping to curl up with that at some point this afternoon - after the stew, and after the lemon bread.  Hope you all are enjoying your day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Finally I am able to post!!!! I've had no reply box all day and it was getting annoying.  Anyway same old same old at work today.  How is everyone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon all,
    Seems we all have been on our toes this morning. I had a couple of proposals, that had to go out today, and I am not a typist by any means. I am ok with the typing, but formatting and setting up the pages, takes me some time - but I am learning fast.
    Glad to hear all your medical appointments went well, tt, and the reports fine. Did you tell your doc, you had stopped the Cholesterol meds and is feeling better?
    When is your luncheon at Finz? Did you go already? I am anxious to hear how it was, as we are considering going there for Easter Brunch.
    I feel bad for Kargiver. It is raining and only 66 degrees Palm Beach. Even though it is better than here, it is not the kind of weather you want on your vacation.
    Hope we will hear from mothermitzy soon. I know she likes NY, but maybe not for a month and a half. Hope she is well - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Pingo.  We had to cancel our luncheon last week at Finz - one of the girls could not make it at the last minute, so we rescheduled. 

Don't see p.c. until the end of this month, so he does not know yet that I've stopped the statins.  He won't be happy.

Girlfriend I was going to get together with tomorrow just called and cancelled.  Little grandddaughter is sick so will not be going to daycare, so "Nana" will be taking care of her.  Just as well, I'm really tired.  Have done so much running around that involved getting up and ready and out first thing mornings, that it will be good to just laze around tomorrow until noonish when I bring some of the stew and Italian bread over to son's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, tt, it does seem like you have been running around a lot the past week. But that is what mothers do. Right? Did you have time to curl up with your new book this afternoon?
    Left my office a bit early today to do some grocery shopping at MB. At 4 it was so pleasant. Easy parking, empty registers (imagine that?). But most important the aisles were easy to get to and I could actually get to what I wanted to get to without being shoved and pushed. Took advance of it and did a bit of stocking up. Maybe the nasty weather had something to do with it.
    I picked up a couple of Mc Cormacks. One for Salsa Chicken and one for Chicken with Mushrooms. Both casseroles to be baked. Anxious to try them. Your pulled pork came out nice.
    Tonight it will be scallops, spinach and corn on the cob. The first of the season. Better start dinner. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Wow Pingo, starting dinner t 6:30,,then again, t looks like all quick cooking items I love spinach,I think we'll have some in a month
    Honey obliges me by eating around 5...I get hungry. I think we eat a bit erlier than most though...His Brother eats dinner at 8, then is in bed t 8:30...each to his own I guess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I laughed reading your post about eating earlier than most, Icer - I'm now in the "older" crowd whose stomach starts growling around 4:00!  I try to drag the cooking process out until at least 5:00, but usually by 4:15 I'm putting something on the stove!  See what you're coming to?!