April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

April 2013

Good morning everyone!

TT- glad to hear you had a wonderful time, but sorry to hear about GT's MIL's fall.  Hopefully she's okay today.  Keep us posted.

We had a wonderful time with everyone from "both sides" coming.  Company was great, but I am pretty exhausted today.  Wish we could have "Easter Monday" off, lol.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's holiday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: April 2013

Good morning and Happy April, can't believe it is already here.

So sorry to hear you had a bad incident at your Easter party, tt. Hopefully the lady will be ok. But it must have put a damper on the festivities. Sweet gesture of the elderly gentleman, the way he thanked you for the half moons. Sounds like you had a good time  despite the fall.

We had a relaxing day, but I am exhausted too this morning, princess,  and wish I could take the day off. Can't. Have a dentist appointment this morning. My dentist is in our office building. In Europe I was used to have 5 Easter holidays. Moundy Thursday, Good Friday and Monday after Easter. I made a nice brunch and I roasted my RoL for dinner. The lemon cake dessert with the raspberries and whipped cream, I had made in parfait glasses was delicious as is w/o the pudding. I added a bit of brandy to the raspberry, while crushing them, and the juice penetrated the cake nicely. Very easy and quick dessert. We also got a nice walk in around a small part of the Wakefield lake.

ss, I would be happy to post the recipe, but you need a scale with grams. We don't use cup and spoon measures, but weigh everything in grams. Otherwise, you will have to wait, until I make the cake again and can try to convert the recipe to cups, ounces and spoonfuls.

Hope everyone else had a great Easter. Chat later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter. So sorry that G.T. MIL had a fall. I went out to brunch and the waitress spilled 3 Mimosas all over the side of me. I was wearing a sil jacket. They didn't even off to clean the jacket or comp my meal. Won't be giong back there. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, Winter, that's terrible!  If it were me, I'd call the manager today and see if they will pay the dry cleaner bill - if it can be cleaned.

Hope GT's MIL is feeling better today.

We had a lovely Easter as well.  Nothing speacial to report - just a nice day spent with family.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, that's terrible. I would take the jacket back to the manager and ask him/her to take care of it. They will do it, if it is a decent place. It happened once to DH. A full bowl of salsa dropped on a brand new jacket. First time worn. Still stained after dry cleaning. They bought him a new jacket. Must have ruined your brunch. So sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sadly the place is in Foxboro, bit of a hike to go back and complain, but I am going to call them today. I couldn't believe they just did nothing about it. I asked them to replace the chair because it was set and they looked at me like I had three heads.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good April morning,

Many walkers going by, even tho my oil burner is signalling it is colder today - has been on quite a bit since I got up at 6:00.  Showered, but not dressed, would love to lounge, but somehow that's not something I allow myself to do anymore.  Guess because now that I'm older wouldn't want anyone to drop in before I've had a chance to make myself somewhat presentable.

Sounds like you all enjoyed the day yesterday.  We did, the fall happened at/after dessert time, so the better part of the afternoon was already over.  Have emailed G.T. (I should CALL him! lol) to see if his partner spoke with his mother later last night.  She's going to be terribly bruised today, you could hear the thump bang before she ever hit the floor.  At least we are sure she didn't hit her head at all.

Heard rain predicted for later today, so have to get to the store for milk and a few staples.  The S&S flyer has a recipe for asparagus strata, pingo.  Appeals to me somehow.  Except, I wouldn't bother buying English muffins just to tear up and put in it, as they say, would use bread.  Speaking of such things, my GD (Lilly's mom - I feel I have to explain which one I'm talking about all the time, what with all these GDs GGDs, step grandchildren etc.!) brought deviled eggs and they were delicious.  I don't put mustard in mine, but she did and it gave it a little kick.  She's never had the paprika to put on top, but noticed these were nicely sprinkled, I'm sure with the jar I put in her Christmas basket!

Pumpkin's mom sent me a couple pics of him with his Easter goodies, but they came through upside down and there is no linkage to click on so I can save and then rotate them.  Think she is planning on saving me more.  Told  her I needed an updated avatar.

I'm off to get dressed and maybe, head out. - just got an email back from G.T., they did call later and were told the same as I was, she is in bed resting.  We'll know more later today as she gets up and around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, I definitely would call and speak with the manager and say that you were surprised that the waitress didn't automatically offer to have the jacket cleaned.  They have insurance for such things.  Too bad you didn't stop on the way out and speak with manager, but sometimes we just don't think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Restaurants these days just do not serve customers in the way they should.  Call, ask for the manager, and if you get no satisfaction, let them know that you will be posting your story on line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok it's Science Fair time again. This year DS is doing The effect of Milk and Orange Juice on Plant Growth. He is going to start tomato plants (in doors in pots) and water them with water, milk, and orange juice. He has about 5/6 weeks from Saturday for the experiment. Will the plants start to grow in that time? We know we won't get tomatos that soon, he is just looking to measure the size of the plant growth. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Winter,

He should have seedlings. We started ours last night for our summer garden, but we don't plant until May.

SAW

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you. As long as there is something to measure he should be fine. I suspect the OJ and Milk ones won't make it, but you never know. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

OOooohh good project! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Novem. Sixth grade has to do one on plants or microscopes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, everyone, and happy April Fool's!

tt, glad you had a great day outside of the scary fall - any word on how she is doing?

we had a terrific afternoon with CT brother's family and my folks.

Winter, the watered tomato plants will definitely be sprouted by that time, and you'll have seedlings like SAW said.  Can't speak to the milked and juiced ones, though; they might not germante, but it won't be for lack of time.  keep them warm.

speaking of seedlings, ours are basking in their new greenhouse.  1 of 4 trays of seeds have sprouted...not sure what's going on with the 3 that haven't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Do you think I need to have them near a window? They will be inside and our house is usually around 65 or so. I suspect that the milk and orange juice plants won't make it, but you never know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad you had a nice time kar. What kind of pie did you make?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Also, can we use any size pot? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, they should get as much direct sun as possible in a South facing window or one that gets the most sun per day in your house.  Plant in a shallow tray with a clear plastic cover like a little greenhouse.

thanks, I made apple pie and brownies and got rave reviews. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, this is what you want, I think.  If the link doesn't work, search on "greenhouse tray" at ace hardware.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1366799

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks, I'll look at this, but I think we need 3 separate containers so that they can't get the other liquids. Is it possible to use regular pots?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I bet there will be a surprise - like the plants take the Vit.C from the OJ and thrive, or something like that?  You'll have to keep us up to date, Winter.

I remember for a science fair once we had to talk nicely to one set of plants, and ignore (except for water) the other set. 

Happy to hear you had a nice time, Kar.  You deserve a relaxing visit after all the BIL drama.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Winter,

You should be able to get a small package of fiber pots at home depot or even Job Lot. Then he could put each one in a small separate tupperware container to catch an overflow. You might suggest that he start each plant exactly the same. Same amount of soil and water when planting the seed and then change the variables in his experiment on the next watering. The potting soil and seed starter can be very dry and I suspect the plants watered with OJ and milk are going to stink.

4 inch pots would be an easy size to transport, but you could always go smaller.

Good luck to him!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Saw. Yes we will start all 3 the same day and I figure we will need to water every 2-3 days, but we'll need to keep in constant. I suspect the same result, but he wants to do it because Milk and OJ are good for us, but are they good for plants? 4 inch pots sound great and they will fit in the windowsill. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, how did your experiment work out? In HS I did Polluted Water effects on plants. 

Sections
Shortcuts