April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: April 2013

TT I am cleaning my coat/gift wrap closet, hoping to get all the scarves and mittens/gloves back together and drinking a hot cup of decaf orange tea.  I am so glad the trifle was a hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Picked up another library book today - "Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker" by Jennifer Chiaverini, a historical novel.  I've heard it's quite good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came back from the PO and the bank. Boy, is it miserable out. Very, very windy. The temp says 39, but it feels more like 20. So don't put those scarves and mittens too far away, Hats.

Winter, I meant to tell you, that coffee is good tfor the plants. My DIL goes to Starbucks and ask for their used coffee grounds. She mixes them in with her compost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I do that as well, but he'll be watering the plants with made coffee...but I think they will like it. I open up the coffee from my Keurig packages and put them in a bowl. I'll have to start to do that, it helps make my hydragenas (sp) blue. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, I put all my coffee grounds on my acid-loving plants such as hydrangeas, azaleas, rhodies, etc - why buy mir-acid when coffee works so well.  If you want pink hydrangeas, though, use something basic, such as baking soda.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats and Winter,
    Will start tp save my coffee grounds again and do that too; at least before we put the mulch on. I used to do it, but DH didn't like the mess it made on top of the mulch.
    Pine needles are also good for Hydrangeas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Banana peels are good for roses.  Dig a little under the ground tho, not lay on top.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no kidding it's C O L D!!!  I bundled up with my Winter gear, but unfortunately left my scarf...my face was frozen.  Like you said, Pingo, the wind is wicked, and it's spitting snow here.

That reminds me, I need to bring the seedlings in from the greenhouse...

ETA:  OK, got 'em.  Only 1 of 4 trays have sprouted.  Winter, I hope your DS has better luck!  

Just got the fire going, again - should have done that earlier since it got down to 64. 

Making pasta (brown rice) with our canned sauce that I'll add sauteed onions and chicken meatballs (commercially prepared) to.  Quick and easy. :)  Last night, I made yellow curry with frozen shrimp, and I had that for lunch, too.  Made it with TJ's lite coconut milk so it didn't blow the budget, but it sure was rich and creamy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I wanted to use the little bit of leftover pork from last night's supper, so took a container of frozen tomato sauce out of the freezer, as well as a baggie of campari  tomatoes I had frozen because they were getting a little too squishy for my salads.  Added some green pepper and diced onion and then tossed in the chopped up pork.  Made an excellent sauce for my spaghetti.  Something nice to finish off with too, strawberry and rhubarb pie I  had bought with $1.00 off coupon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

DH called and said he would be quite late.  Glad it's a leftover night anyway - no dishes to be spoiled.   I worked right through on the coat closet and have done all I can for now.  Need some more storage boxes to finish up.  But all the wonderful things you guys are making sound good!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I started the latest book, and am moving right along with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Let's hear it for leftovers night!!  I sauteed a chopped up chicken breast to add to our yellow shrimp curry because the shrimp didn't go far enough for the second serving, but that was nothin'. :)

Good use of the toms, tt.  Sounds good.

Hats, you are inspiring me to start Spring cleaning, but the weather is driving me to want to hibernate, lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Haven't heard the temp, but it looks nice out there, joggers going by already.

I have a list of odds and ends I want to do around the house today.  Hated chore of separating, pkging, and freezing chicken is top on the list, and cleaning out the fridge of all those little bits of things I thought I was going to eat up.  May get in this room or one off the kitchen and see what I can do as far as Spring cleaning.  They're both the smaller, uncluttered rooms, and should be easy to get out of the way. - Oh, just thought of the shower curtain liner too, noticed that needs a good washdown.  Better start a written list -

Hope you all have something a little more exciting on the docket, altho it seems good to me not to have to get out by a certain time today or tomorrow - I'll check in now and then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

God morning all.....somebody goofed!  I posted a few days ago, thought nothing of it, was looking over the past posts, mines not there....mmm, wonder where it went??  Oh well, hope everyone had a good Easter, sounds like it from what I've been reading.  Had my family here for dinner, got lots of raves for my Ham (S&Sbrand) Icer, your cake was a big hit, the taste (lemon) was awesome, my 3 yr old GGS just loved the bunny on the top, he wanted that for his piece (would have taken the whole middle), I convinced him that he really wanted the piece on the side with the jelly beans....I snuck the black one off before he got it. Thank so much.  Have to get dressed and go with DH to take our car to the Toyota dealer in  Hanover to have the water pump fixed/replaced, it should still be under warrenty.  Have a nice day all, it looks nice out, but think it is still chilly....take care ss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Shaker, it is on the last page of the March 2013.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

SS, glad you and yours had a wonderful Easter, too.  If I'd been getting that jelly bean piece, you'd not have had to sneak the licorice one off first, but you might have needed to rescue it from the trash, lol.

Sunny out today, and DH said it should be nice for the seedlings in the greenhouse around 9.  A few more have poked through so all hope is not lost for the 3 trays that hadn't looked promising next to the over acheiving first tray.

Will be returning bras to VS sometime soon; I'm trying to meet up with a semi-retired friend who lives in Framingham at the same time.

not much else to report...same old same old here today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I, too, wish I had something exciting to post, but not much going is going on.  DH has a cousin visiting from the west coast, so we are going to my ILs for dinner.  Again, all I have to bring is the baby, which is just as well on a Wednesday/work night. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Kar, in cleaning out the coat closet yesterday I found a VS box in which I got a wedding shower gift back in the 80s - when they were in pastels rather than the bright pinks of today!  Also a brand new (or unused) Filene's box, a bag from Long's jewelers, a box from Stowell's in Boston....one can be too much of a saver.Wink

There's an icon at the bottom for insert image!  Be still my heart!  Trying it;

didn't work.  Oh well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have a Cleary's shopping bag I brought my Irish lace curtains home in from Dublin in 1988 !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Had to bring the big winter coat out this morning. I didn't have it yesterday and I was cold.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Was up really early this morning. Had to drop off DH's car for service @ 6:30. I am still sleepy. All I want to do right now is to go back to sleep. Trying to wake up with my third cuppa. DH took my car and will be back to pick me up around lunch time.
    I can tell everyone, that hasn't been out yet, it is COLD out. Don't let the sun and the joggers fool you, tt. How is your hips and back this morning? The cold doesn't help it either.
    No excitement going on here today either. 3 more days and DS will be here. That I am looking forward to.
    Yes, Hats, that icon comes and goes. I guess, they are trying to get it to work, but hasn't succeeded yet. Oh, I just noticed it is here again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

What are the plans for son's visit, Pingo?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just put together the ham/asparagus strata using the S&S flyer recipe.  Think it will be good.  Says to set in fridge 2-24 hours, so that's easy enough.

Took care of the chicken, and didn't have but one dish of stuff to toss.  Not as bad as I thought.  Had Lets Make a Deal on and got caught up with that.  A fun show.

Emailed my cell phone # to my fam - probably only ones who will get calls on it are DILs with me in Marshall's, checking on a size for one of the kids.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, hats and tt - bags and goodies from the 80s in your closets?!  Amazing - how big are your closets? ;)

Speaking of bras (I'd wear pastel pink, now - is that wrong?!), I spoke with my Framingham friend, and she's game to go with me to the Lady Grace in Waltham when I go East to return what I have to VS in Natick.  She said she was just there and she got fabulous service.  It sounded like the fantastic one I went to years ago in Burlington.  Apparently the one in Shrewsbury across from Trader Joe's is a dud.  And, online you can't tell if they add 0, 2, or 4 inches to the under bust measuremeent to get your band size.  And, since bust minus band is cup size, if you don't know your band you don't know your cup, either - the entire thing is a complete guess despite having raw measurements.  And, we wonder why so many women are in the wrong size bra?!

Winter, indeed, a winter coat is a necessity today, too.  Brrrr!  It's sunny, but windy and 35.  It's 67 in the greenhouse; I wonder if that is warm enough.  I guess so...I think they need the sunlight.

Time for lunch.  Mmm, Paula Deen is on with a tasty looking lineup.  Would love to reach into TV Land and grab a piece of ham.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, the Lady Grace in Woburn is great too. Having beef stew for lunch. 

Sections
Shortcuts