April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

Kar,just got an email from Christmas Tree Store. They have Bell Mason wide mouth all sizes on sale. from .79 cents each to $1.49 each for 1.5 pint.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter!  Funny how different stores in the same chain can be so different.  That's a great deal - I hope when I go East next week it's still running.  I can't wait to start canning, again...lots of fun stuff this year now that I have the hang of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Is Holyoke any closer to you than Natick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

About the same

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh ok. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Happy that my 18 yo niece is coming.  I have such a bond with her and she is going through some difficult time.  Hoping we can sneak off at some point and go for a walk and talk or something."

Princess, how did you make out as far as finding time to talk with your niece?  Also, is it this week you have your doctor's appt?  I know you were concerned about having lost some weight - how did that go?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, they are both about an hour from me.

tt, thanks for asking Prin about those things - they had been on my mind earlier, too.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Shaker, it is on the last page of the March 2013.

Thans tt, forgot about March...old age is catching up with me or I'm catching it from DH!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How did you make out with the car, SS?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks for asking about Princess. I hope all was well with her visit. What did you have for lunch? For dinner we are making steak and cheese subs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just realized I've had more BREAD today than I usually eat in a week.  I just popped by strata in the oven (3 slices of cubed BREAD in that), for breakfast I had two slices of TOAST, and for lunch (trying to use up the dyed Easter eggs GD and I made) I had an egg salad/lettuce SANDWICH !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like a yummy day though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmmm, bread....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hope everyone has a great night. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

you, too, Winter - bundle up!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, JC on the acquiring of Jiminy!  May he serve you well for many years. :)

And, that's great about your pants!  But, since we've been asked to keep our weight comments confined to the LoseIt thread I'll respond further over there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Finally learned how to get pics from new camera to computer, changed avatar to pic of pumpkin with his piano at Christmas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, what a great shot - he'll love that when he's older.  It's cute but not embarrassing. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wish it were a closer up shot.  Tried to send a pic of tonight's strata seeing as that green tree icon is back, but when I click on it it asks for the URL.  What is that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A URL is the technical name for a link, but I don't know how that relates to the photo issue. :(

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was able to fool a bit more with the pic and get pumpkin in a little closer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, URL is a web address. Everything on your computer has web addresses. I tried that, but it still doesn't work. How did you like he strata? I make it for my vegetarian family, that still eat eggs, when they visit. Make it w/o the ham. You can add other veggies as well. It is nice, that one can make it as a breakfast dish the evening before.
    Cute avatar, tt. But now I miss the little guy with his handsome face and cap.

Congratulations, Jeepers, on your new jeep. I have our UK son's old Wrangler sitting in our garage. It's a 97, but still runs smoothly. Wish he would sell it, but I guess he is attached to it. "It's a Jeep Thing!"

Speaking of cars. After a painful Saturday listening to sales people, we decided to buy out the car I have. I am thrilled. It is only 3 years old and has only 18000 miles on it, besides I love the car.

Heading home now. You all have a good evening.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I thought the strata was delicious, Pingo.  I used bread, ham, asparagus, leftover italian shredded cheese and American cheese, and of course the milk, eggs, and some sour cream and the top dowsed with pepper.

Oh, forgot diced onion and a little mustard too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt what a great picture. The strata sounds very good. Congratulations on the car JC. We may be traded in my 4.5 year old car for an all wheel drive Honda CRV in the summer.it only has 41300 miles so I think I'll do all right as a trade in.