April 2013

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

Yeah I still wouldn't go out of my way for a white car. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I loved the look of the Karmann Ghia.  I had a couple of other, different sports cars in my protracted youth and I really miss them, but the car seats were hard to fit into the 2-door....so I have been driving people-haulers for 21 years now....hope the next one can be a sporty small one again...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I think a white jeep with a black top looks elegant. My favorite car was a fire red Audi, we purchased in Europe. I loved that car. Both my newborn boys were driven home in it. I said, that I would keep that car until the bottom fell out of it. And it did. One day coming home from church, I sat with my feet touching the garage floor - honestly. It was 13 years old. I had pampered it the best I knew. I needed to fill it up w/ oil every so often, and I learned to do that. We fixed the bottom, and it was back in good shape again, but it was time for me to get a new car. We sold it to a friend's son, and I told him it was drinking oil and he had to watch it. But a kid is a kid, and he blew the engine the second week he had it. We never got paid for it.

So the doc's visit was a bust. The doc wasn't there. The appointment was yesterday. But the receptionist had made a mistake to write 4/4 instead of 4/3 on my little card. Naturally she apologized profusely, but it ruined my day. Argh! I got another appointment. But not until after I come back from TX.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Agreed, JC, silver, white, and gray show the least dirt and road salt.  Winter, not trying to convince you to like white, lol, just responding to the myth that a white car would be hard to keep clean looking.

Red cars cost more for insurance because the red blends with the tail lights making them more likely to be hit from behind.

I like the KG, too, but had a bad experience with one that leaked!  It smelled like mold and must...ick.  (It wasn't mine.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

trying the image again..ETA no luck...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I have owned red cars and never paid more for insurance based on the color.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_true_that_red_cars_have_higher_insurance_rates

"No. Red cars have a higher frequency of accidents, and a higher possibility of getting a traffic violation, but I have never heard of a company charging more for insurance. If you have one that does, you should shop around for another company."

Eta:  Maybe people assume they will get in more accidents and therefore their insurance will go up...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I didn't pay more ins. for my red car. But of course it was quite a while ago. We bought it in 1968. LOL

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Still hot in my heart. Now I am more subdued. Just LOVE my Honda Accord. So happy NOT getting a brand new car. I am odd, I know.

In response to JeepersCripes9's comment:

Pingo!!! That was a hot car in '68 :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

A gray day, but a bit warmer than yesterday was at this time.  40 as opposed to 32.  However, without that strong April sun it won't be as pleasant a day to be outside as it was yesterday.  Any wonderful weekend plans or will we all be trying to recover from the Easter hustle and bustle?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. I'm helping a good friend move tomorrow. Sunday won't be much except laundry, etc. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Other than meeting my gal pals for lunch today, no week-end plans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Meeting pals for lunch sounds like fun!  I have a long meeting of a committee that I have just joined, so I am a bit apprehensive but hope it will be fun.  Hope to make some navy bean soup with my ham bone.  Other than that, just the midwives on Sunday night.  I hated Mr Selfridge and turned it off well before the end.  Americans should not try to make Brit TV.  Why, when the Brits do it so well themselves?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    No one up yet? I am usually the last one to post. Gray morning. The radar shows a huge belt of rain coming our way from South. But it looks like it will barely miss us. Hope so.
    Have a lot on the docket today. First PT, then I want to stop for a pedicure and then TJ's. All on the way home. Made a long grocery list for son's arrival tmw. Have to take care of that this afternoon. Probably going to MB for that.
    I cleaned his room and did his sheet last night, so all is fresh. Even though I clean everything, right after they leave, it still gets dusty and "old".
    I also want to clean my refrigerator, if I have the time. I need space for goodies. And I have 3 bananas, that are asking me to be come muffins.
    I have leftover of the lemon cake in the freezer. Need to defrost that and make some more parfaits. The berries need to soak into the cake overnight.
    So, if you don't see me later on today, you know why. Have a good one everyone.

ETA. Just notices the photo option is on again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, hope you enjoy your lunch plans. I can't wait until later as the first disk with Episodes 1 and 2 of Season 3 of Downton Abbey is arriving. I hoped to watch it for free on Amazon, but right now it's not available as a free download. 

DS' project has been approved, but the kids can not start until April vacation, so we will start next Saturday. 

Have a fun albeit busy day getting ready for your son's arrival Pingo. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

thanks for dispelling the red car insurance myth for me, ladies - I'd believed that "forever!"

tt, have a wonderful time with the gals!  I am overdue for lunch with my East friends and feel it.

My town walking friend is coming today at 10 to walk with me and Graice.  Must do some baking today, and dinner is up in the air right now...all leftovers (shrimp curry and rice pasta) are gone.  I have 1/2 a package of the frozen raw shrimp left.  Maybe will do something with those.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, tt, have a great lunch with your friends. Hope you find a house cleaner.

Winter, somehow I don't think of getting ready for sons as a "chore".

Got an e-vite for son's b-day party in the mail yesterday. They are keeping his b-day party at his in-laws. They have more space and beautiful grounds, so I expect it is going to be a huge bash. In TX you can plan outdoor parties w/o worrying.  Silly me, just thought it would be just the immediate family. LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Immediate family bd parties for kids with a simple cake and candles and few gifts have apparently gone the way of the Do Do if you read the Parents threads about where to hold their preschool parties.  Um, home?

Actually, I've been thinking about the tripets' first birthday - it's 3 months away!  If I'm going to make stuffed animals (like their sister's bear) I need to get started right now.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts