April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2013

Excise tax, ugh.  What a racket...it's not like you don't pay sales tax on a car.

Oh, my, JC - you are right.  GET PACKING, LOL!  I've pulled all nighters and have even been still packing when the movers arrived.  And, I'm not really a big procrastinator, it just always seems like you have less to do than you really have.  Man, I hate moving; I don't envy you.  I am glad to be done with it; I'm assuming we'll stay here since DH built the house. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo I didn't say it was a chore, just said have a fun busy day getting ready for sons's arrival. Sorry if that offended you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh no, Winter, I knew you didn't mean it that way. Sorry if I gave you that impression. Isn't it just amazing, what one can do, if someone has something to look forward to? Verse, the good old "need to".

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Pingo I didn't say it was a chore, just said have a fun busy day getting ready for sons's arrival. Sorry if that offended you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We need to remember there is a tiny bit of a language thing when it comes to Pingo's interpretation of what we say and her choice of words.  Pingo, you do so well it's easy to forget sometimes that English is not your first language!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It wasn't that big of a deal, I just wanted to make sure I didn't offend her.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I HATE moving as well. This is probably it for us. I'm happy where we are unless when my son moves out the pool is too much for us. But that's at least 8 years away!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have changed outfits a couple of times - tried to go a little Springy, and I was freezing, so stuck my nose out the back door to see what the temp was, and it was chillier than I had thought.  Changed the top and then topped that with the new chenille sweater I had picked up at Job Lots.  Love it, it's chenille yarn and soooo soft.  Know my friend who knits extensively will appreciate it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It was a bit chiller then I thought as well tt. Have a wonderful lunch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Winter, we wine and dine ourselves and have a lot of laughs.  Last time we were there I had the waiter crawling under the table with a flashlight because I thought I had dropped my house key - turned out it was a quarter!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

too funny tt!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hoarded good moving boxes for about 6 months after we got married until I was emotionally able to break them down and take them to be recycled.  I know, I'm soooo happy to be free of that burden and to be able to put roots down without fear of being ripped up.

goodness, yes, count me in the group who underestimated the chill.  Walked with my friend, and I was cold until we really got going.  it's 100 in the greenhouse, though, and I had to open the vents upon our return.

tt, hope you are having a great time!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a great night everyone and weekend if I don't get on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Probably missed you, Winter, but thanks and you, too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you friend.

In response to kargiver's comment:

We need to remember there is a tiny bit of a language thing when it comes to Pingo's interpretation of what we say and her choice of words.  Pingo, you do so well it's easy to forget sometimes that English is not your first language!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How was lunch, tt? Legal again? We will go there some evening w/ DS. Did you get a house cleaner? I looked into Angie's List. So many cleaners w/ exceptional recommendations. Also some with "F"s. Have called 3 to come and give me an estimate.

Just came back from TJ's. Have been shopping all day and forgot the most important thing. DS's Belgian beer. So I had to go out again. So nice out. Couldn't believe the difference in temp from this morning.

Had pedicure after my PT session. No polish - just cutting nails and such. I will wait with the color until I can wear sandals. I always tell myself, "Why don't you do this more often?" - but then of course, the time goes by.

What's for dinner? We are having a baked potato with a hamburger patty w/ lots of mushrooms and caramelized onions. No bun. Have a good evening all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Pingo,

Just came in to shut the computer off and saw your post to me.  No, we went to Burton's over the Mall.  One of  the girls had just come back from Fla so was full of talk of that, plus she and another discussing places to stay/eat in both Mexico and Spain. - As you can guess, I had nothing to offer to that conversation!  Decked myself out so I thought I looked pretty good, but one of them asked me if I was alright - so guess I must not have looked as good as I thought!  lol  No notice/mention of chenille sweater or my Alex Ani bracelets I kept dangling/clinking as I ate!  Not my day, I guess.  When I got home had calls from G.T.'s MIL and my nanny friend, and as I related my lunch conversation (or lack of), they both went into hysterics, and my spirits were lifted too.  Tomorrow's another day -

Oh, my friend's cleaning ladies only do Swampscott and Marblehead, said it isn't cost effective for them to outside those perimeters.  And, did get the recommendation of an ortho, one I knew myself from the hospital.  Of course, yesterday and today have been pain free, probably due to the barometric change.  Whatever, I won't make an appt. unless it gets bad again, I know at the very least they will want to drain the bursa.

Enjoy your visit with son.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Well....I always buy a white or lighter colored vehicle...usually an SUV...due to the waist high loading and off-loading....but..I do so because...I carry a lot of wedding cakes...my gray or white vehicle does not get as high in internal temp in the summer....You would be amazed at the temp differential to a black or white vehicle

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, you amused me so, with your report of your luncheon. I adore you for your always "looking at the brighter side". That is too funny, that no one complimented you on your outfit. But take it a a compliment. I am sure you must have looked fabulous. People do get jealous and don't comment. If you look bad, they will - but not if you look great.
    Have never been to Burton's at the mall. DH took me to one in  - I believe - Everett. Good food.
    I am so glad to hear you have been pain free for the past two days. So was I. More or less. But better than I have been. I definitely believe, the weather has something to to with the joint pain. Nighty night. Shutting off for the day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, I totally agree with Pingo - even old buddies can get jealous and handle it poorly.  I'm positive your evaluation of your outfit and accessories is trustworthy!  Blathering on about a trip really is self centered...  Oh, well, even great, long time friends aren't always spirit lifters, LOL.  Hope you enjoyed the food; I've never been to a Burton's, but if both you and Pingo enjoy it, it must be good.  Next time will be more fun. :)

Pancake day, gotta get moving!  Chat later, everyone - have a great morning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Got a reprieve - DH wants pancakes for dinner instead. :)  

icer, meant to agree with your heat comment.  That was another thing I warned my ex about re black cars but he got one anyway and hated it for the reasons I told him he would.  What can ya do.

pingo, enjoy your visit!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Having the flight tracker on. DS should be leaving Munich any moment.
    I am aching this morning. Gotta be change in weather. Hope it gets warmer this afternoon. Yesterday was so nice.
    Didn't get everything done, I wanted to do, yesterday. So it will be a busy morning. DH vacuumed the house before he left. Bless him - he is a keeper too. Will stick the banana muffins in the oven, while I mop the kitchen floor.
    I am making a lamb stew for dinner. The lamb is marinating in the refrigerator. Then in the pressure cooker, when we leave for the airport. Will keep warm until we get back. Made Tzatziki yesterday to go with it.

Gotta run. Will check in later. Have a good one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How exciting!  My mouth is watering at your menu.  It is supposed to get warm late in the day.  Hope you're feeling better before then.  Have fun!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran out to do a little poking first thing this morning - no great treasues, just a T shirt for me and a new shower liner.

What time does your son's plane get in, Pingo?  What's Tzatsiki?  I've got a lot of stuff in the freezer, but don't have any idea what I'll take out for supper or for Sunday dinner.  Did take out and frost half a dozen half moons when I got home yesterday.

Nanny friend is apt to stop in some time today to check out a buddhist meditation group on my computer.  Someone had recommended it to her and we might give it a try.  I googled the site for her, but there are a lot of references to it, and she knows more just what she wants to check.

Bought hot dogs this week and think I'll boil up a couple of those for lunch.  Had the fried chicken sandwich yesterday at lunch, and it was good.  I left the roll, just ate the chicken, fr fries and the dressing that came with the fish.  But, OMG, is their coffee black and strong!  I'll remember next time to go with tea.

I'll poke in later and see what's going on.

ETA:  Forgot to ask, Pingo, when do you have the appointments set up for interviewing the cleaning ladies?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

hotdogs sound yummy; I like them boiled the best with a steamed roll...yum.  We had leftovers from last night (chicken with garlic and celery with BBQ sauce and mashed potato with bacon).

just went shopping at S&S and Walmart.  got some great meat for tomorrow and early next week, my favorite being the turkey dark meat pieces, 2 thighs and 3 drumsticks, to roast.  No mess or fuss of a whole bird that spatters all over the oven when I take the foil off to brown the top.

dh is doing his Spring thing outside despite the cold wind.  At least it is sunny; that's good enough for him. :)

tt, have fun with Nanny friend - will she stay for a half moon and cuppa?  I sure would!

Sections
Shortcuts