April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

Broccoli and cheddar soup and a piece of french bread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Turkey sandwich and a piece of chocolate dump cake - new recipe - not a success.  Made a recipe from a magazine last night and it was lousy too.  Making tried and true shells and red sauce tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad hats - it happens to all of us, and I hate it when it does!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Comcast has been out a couple of hours.  Let me get on an hour ago, I posted, hit "post", and it went out again.  TV and phone too.  I hardly ever lose them, so this was really unusual.

I stick pretty much with AllRecipes, Cook's, Martha Stewart, for new recipes, Hats.  Altho the one I tore out of a magazine for the jello cupcakes was pretty good.  Kills me to waste the ingredients.  Googled around this morning for a shortcake recipe, but have decided to stick with the trifle, pudding, cake, berries, and cream.

For supper tonight I'm putting the stuffed cabbage roll I bought in defrosted leftover spaghetti sauce with pieces of pork, and spaghetti.  Probably make up some jello for dessert. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hate when I post and then noone posts for hours.  I come back and look and see nothing.  Makes me feel as tho whatever I posted was pretty uninteresting.  Maybe it is, but hey, some days there isn't a whole lot going on here.  Guess those days are the ones I should stay off the boards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

No TT, it's just that we get busy or go out or work heats up or....I've done research, written two long letters to public officials, made a couple of simple crafts, taken photos, up loaded them, done all, well most, of the dishes from all the cooking of the last couple of days (didn't clean up from dinner last night because I had to go to a meeting and had to leave all the food out for DH because he was home late...) and that's the truth. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry my training today took up alot of my time. Your cabbage roll dinner sounds very good. Eating on the go tonight, made DS two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that he can eat on the way back to his school for the Spring Show, they are doing a musicial review. K1/K2 are doing Sound of Music, 1st/2nd grade are doing Peter Pan, 3rd/4th are doing Oliver, 5th/6th are doing Grease and7th and 8th are doing Newsies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Your son's musical sounds great, Winter.  I'm sure there must be shows like that put on at OLA, but I don't hear of them.  Should remember to just pull up their page and see what's going on from month to month.

Hats, I realize most people on these boards are a lot of busier than I.  When you live alone you can pretty much decide what you want to pick and choose to do each day - or not.

Here's a piece of news Pingo would find interesting - there are 2 little buds at the base of my  orchid!  I've faithfully just given it a couple of ice cubes each week and left it for the most part in the room it was originally in.  Optimistic it's going to be blooming in what - a month or so?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I've taken over one from my MIL and I don't know what to do with it, but I've been giving it ice cubes every week. Also, I got 4 tulip plants at Easter and I want to plant the bulbs...do I wait for the tulips to die and then take the bulbs?

tt, he had to bring a costume in today consisting of jeans rolled up and a white t shirt and he has to click back his hair. The choir, which he is in is also singing two songs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just clicked on OLA's home page, but the format is changed and I don't see anything about school activities.  Great that your son looks forward to these things.  They're such fun for the kids.

I have a pot of tulips too.  Wait for them to die down, then snip back the stems leaving a couple of inches, and the bulbs and short stem that remains can be planted.  Sometimes these do not do well outside because they have been forced to bloom inside, but it's worth taking a chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks, I didn't realize they may not work outside....too bad I have two orange pots and two yellow/pink pots. Will my orchad bloom?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I have a little part of my garden that I reserve for planting these things that may or may not come back...nothing ventured nothing gained....there are crocus and daffs blooming there now.  Last year my Easter lilies rebloomed in August and were lovely but who knows what will happen this year.  So throw them in the ground and if they come back, they come back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's the plan. Thanks hats and tt. I have to head out have a nice night everyone. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, G.T. just was amazed that I'm getting this orchid to bloom again (fingers crossed). But, as I said to him, "Patience is not one of your virtues, and after all, this plant is a year old.  Got it a year ago on my birthday, so I've been patient for a year now."  So, in answer to your question, yes, just keep giving it the ice cubes each week.

Going to get my supper ready now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I'm sorry to hear you'd think that of us, that we'd read your posts and just walk away bored; we wouldn't and don't.  I went out and then my walking town friend came over for tea.  Started getting items out for a Vitamix soup dinner that have to be room temp, then checked in.  Great news about the orchid!  I had tons of blooms on my African Violet for awhile, but they all fell off and didn't get replaced.  I don't know why...???  It just seems to have a serious mind of its own.  

I only have that one plant to take care of - DH is the gardener around here so I can't join in too well with the plant talk, but I'm glad you gardnerers are coming into the growing season!  I'm looking forward to canning, again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Like anything else, they go through a dormant period where they rest.  I put some fertilizer in my water for all my plants each week.  My violet had quieted down but now all 3 parts are sprouting buds.  Have to get out to Home Depot or some such place to get some pots.  The basket I got for my birthday with 4 different plants in it, well, they're not in individual pots as they usually come, but all plopped in this one big plastic pot.  Looked in Job Lots where they have loads of pots, but no clay ones that are small enough that I want for these.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought the violets bloomed more and more as the days got longer.  I'm learning, and hopefully I won't kill it ever since I inherited it from my grandmother. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had a Vitamix potato bacon cheese soup for dinner - YUM!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone.  Hopefully Pingo is off in TX enjoying being with her family. 

Glad it's Friday.  Sorry I haven't been posting much tt.  Just going through a rough time right now and I don't want to bring everyone down, lol.  I do read and enjoy your posts though.  I love reading about your day, no matter what you are doing.  You so remind me of my MIL (whom I ADORE)!

What's on the docket today?  Pretty yucky out but at least I heard the weather will get better for the weekend!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Was just wondering whether or not to post about my (our) start to the day, when your post came up, Princess, so if others say, "Oh, no, not another cat and mouse story", it's your fault!

She came into my room around 6:00 - well, you know the routine, I hear her "mewing" all the way till she gets next to my bed.  If I ask her, "Have you got a mousie?" she goes to answer me, opens her mouth, and the chase begins.  This time she had worn it out pretty good, and when I swung my feet out of bed around 6:30 the chase had moved into the l.r. where she caught him again and moved into the kitchen.  My trusty shoe box and the fact the mouse was tired out, let me catch him and after a couple of tries of getting him out and keeping the cat in, finally dumped him out the door.  We're quite proud of ourselves, she and I, and I fed her right away, and am about to do the same with myself.

I am sorry to hear you are having health problems again.  It seems to be a chronic problem and I feel so bad for you.  It's hard to be feeling good enough one minute to host an Easter celebration, and then find you've slumped down in numbers and weight again.  I think you should go to Kargiver's for some interesting meals that would perk up your appetite, and then stop by here for some fattening desserts that would pack the weight on!

The weather last night that I listened to said there would be icey, cold conditions on the roadways this morning.  Not so here.  Didn't even feel all that cold as all 3 of us went out the back door.

Treat time for Mom, so will take some bacon out of the freezer and make some pancakes to go with - pancakes with syrup and powdered sugar, Princess?  I'll make some gooey dessert if you want to swing by later.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

OOOh, that sounds good TT, I'll stop by your house for breakfast and Kar's for lunch? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

tt, what is this "maybe not interesting enough to post" kick you are on about?  I enjoy being a vicarious cat owner and excellent baker!  ;)  And, if I had to filter my posts by interest level I'd probably post once or twice a year, LOL!!

Prin, tt has the right idea.  We'll cook and bake for you. :)  Sorry you are having a rough time - hoping your post means you are on an upswing.

My neck is in a bad cycle of being knotted and holding stress so I am going to cash in my Christmas GC today at the spa for a Stress Massage.  Woo hoo!!  

OK, time for breakfast and my cuppa.  I had a bit of yogurt and a green tea while making DH's breakfast and packing his lunch, but that was not enough, I'm starved!

ETA:  tt, as you can imagine, that's the weather we have here.  Brrrrrr!  We have a space heater in the greenhouse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good mornning all. Well the Spring Show was great. My mom and sister were there too and they enjoyed it. 

tt, not another mouse! Cheerio is caught the catcher. Glad you both were able to take care of it. Princess sorry you are not doing well. Hope it gets better for you as you rest this weekend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Princess, if you stop by here I'll make you some eggnog.  Forget about the boost; eggs, heavy cream, sugar and nutmeg would really pack on the pounds.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I have an orchid, too.  While I will br thrilled if it reblooms, I'm not holding out too much hope given my hisptry with plants.  The leaves are still nice and green and I give it ice cubes every week too.  It last bloomed in the fall, so that it when it would come up again if it were going to, right?

TT - I'm not sure if I told you this before, but there is a "you" at my coffee shop.  That is, there is a lady I see there every so often who resembles the picture of you I have in my head.  I always want to talk to her, but she'd take me for a nut if I did I'm sure.  =)  No point to this story, I guess, just seemed like a good time to mention it to you.