April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

tt, I'll be over to enjoy the whoopie pies with you. Pumpkin's mom sounds like a true joy. :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've been throwing cookie sheets in the oven in between scenes of Y&R.  15 and counting.  Might put a couple in freezer - love that Kargiver turned me on to the fact that they are sooo good when frozen.

Yes, my GD is special.  She was my first grandchild and there was a special bond.  When I held her in the hospital an hour after she was born, she looked right up at me with those big eyes. Her mother said she recognized my voice.  That was the first time I had ever heard that babies could recogize voices they had heard in the womb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How sweet and what a special relationship you have. You once posted a picture of a little girl at Easter is this pumpkin's mom? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Was she reaching to touch a bunny in a window?  If so, that was her.  If not, it might have been little Lilly.  Speaking of which, she has her own sense of fashon - Lilly, that is.  Should have seen the dress she picked out for Easter.  The skirt was all layers of different pointed petals.  Quite the fashion plate.  haha  Of course she liked the fact that both she and I were dressed in green with white sweaters!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It was the bunny one. Lily's dress sounds adorable. I liked that she pointed out that you matched. My DS has quite the fashion sense as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nice when they're still at ages not to be too self-conscious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

That's a touching story about you and your GD, tt.  That's how my niece and I are - we just have this connection.

Work day is going by pretty slow today.  My new dept is so quiet, quite different (in a good way) from the chaos of my old dept.  All you hear here is people tapping away on their keyboards! 

Haven't been outside since this morning, and I'm not near any windows to see out, but from what I hear I'm not missing anything!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's been pouring.  Glad I had made the decision to stay in.  Now just wish I had help filling the whoopies and cleaning up all the mess from them and the filling.  Nothing messier in my opinion, than a chocolate whoopie pie bowl. It dissolves the suds and makes a general oily mess.Forgot to take anything out for supper, may just end up with a grilled cheese sandwich.  But, I'm going to get going and get them done and the kitchen back in shape before 3:00 and Dr. Phil - just in case he has something good on today.  I'll put a couple of whoopies in the freezer for you girls.  They don't need 17!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Today is national grilled cheese day, is it not?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh my gosh, I googled it and you're right!  I'm right in step with the times!  Whoopie pies are filled and out of harm's way (me), and now for the bowls to get cleaned out good enough to put in dishwasher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I was a good girl and walked a couple of blocks from one errand to the other and back rather than driving; I got soaked!  Had to change my clothes and am back in the yoga pants and ugly turtleneck rather than the somewhat fashionable outfit I had on!  I was cold. 

I'm still a bit cold but I am going to put the kettle on now.  I wish I had a whoopie pie rather than the failed brownies I made.  If we decide not to go out because of the rain, grilled cheese would be good.  I had a bowl of the soup I made with the ham bone from Easter; it had gotten much better and the warmth was welcome.  Of course, the crisp buttered toast helped; I floated some pieces on top for a moment to soften them.  Does anyone else ever do that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

There's nothing worse than getting a chill from cold soaking rain.  Make sure you warm up good.  This rain today is not like a gentle spring shower.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I just came back in, it's was hailing outside. So my son's project has not been approved. I guess it has to be reverelent to the real world. The kids have to start next week, and he has to email his idea by tongiht...urgh. Wish the teacher would have said something yesterday. DS was thinking griowing seeds in different levels of soil?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Winter, 

If it has to be relevant to real life, maybe he could think about different amounts of potting soil over sand to represent topsoil erosion. But I think you need to still have a decent level of soil or sand in the pot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Organic vs. fertilized, perhaps?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Would organic just be dirt from the yard? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Never mind you can buy organic soil and then regular potting soil. Thank you tt, I will give him this one. Saw, I'll look into this one as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Never mind you can buy organic soil and then regular potting soil. Thank you tt, I will give him this one. Saw, I'll look into this one as well.

You're welcome.  Hope they accept it and that it's a doable project with obvious differences in growth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thought maybe if DS chooses it he could say which makes the plant grow faster? I think his amoung different amounts of soil may not work with only an inch of soil but who knows?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I would think there would be a definite difference in which seed pops through the soil faster, grows taller, etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think so as well. What a great idea. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out in a few minutes. Have a good night. I should be on at some point this weekend. I'm also at work Monday until 12:30, it's bring your child to work day. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

You are all missunderstanding.  I am not saying grandparents aren't important at all.

What I am saying is that everyday life gets in the way and people go about their routine and may not think to call everytime something their child is doing something that might be of interest.  It would be nice but there is no rule that grandparents have to be included in everything.

TT you have stated several times they are not letting you know so my suggestion was to ask them that way you know and can attend.  Maybe they don't understand how important it is to you or feel like you will feel obligated to go to everything.  It looks like they are not thinking it is important to let you know the kids schedule.  My comment was really blown out of proportion.

I am not angry at my mother and tell her nicely when she complains that she hasn't seen/heard from to make ther effort. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Allready, it is the responsibility of anyone with a schedule to impart that knowledge to anyone they know might be interested in said schedule.  That's the bottom line.  If your mother wraps more into the issue than that, it's unfortunate for her and the family.  It is HER responsibility to ask about your kids' lives.  Specific upcoming events and "goings on" are two separate things.

TT, I love it - out of harm's way (me) - so cute!

got back from a much needed massage.  The roads were ok - just the steps and driveway were a little scary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We just got driving rain here, Kargiver, no freezing over.  My list for tomorrow's shopping grows, but I'm trying not to go overboard as I usually do, food-wise.  I will make a double tray of the chicken/cheese and send home with them the leftovers, but not putting out a lot of before snacks, since I know them all too well, as I've said before, they come with no breakfast under their belt, and then eat all the cheese, olives, crackers that are out before sitting down to the main meal.   Then later they are all holding onto their stomachs with either indigestion or belly aches.  Sunday it'll be a tray of celery stuffed with cream cheese - period.

Did my colored clothes wash and just finished hanging that up.  Kept watching the clothes rod, afraid it might snap again.

Wide awake tonight as tho I had had caffeine.  Not even much chocolate today, save the peanut butter brownies.  Surprisingly, haven't touched the whoopie pies. You see, for me it works - out of sight, out of mind!  haha

How do your neck and shoulders feel after your massage?