April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2013

The chops are almost done, the potatoes are baked and the lentils done.  Skipped the kale 'til tomorrow so just starch and meat.  Oh, well, not every meal can be balanced, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds like a good balanced meal to me.  Tomorrow we're having the chicken/cheese casserole, rice, carrots and salad.  AND, the strawberry dessert, whoopie pies, a few of those jello cupcakes that I had frozen.  Have celery stuffed with cream cheese and a bowl of popcorn for before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Now, THAT'S balanced, tt - nice!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

whew....i am now caught up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So nice to see November join the chat : )  Happy to see everyone doing well, especially you Winter : )  Allready married, I completely agree with you. I am a new grandmother and know that I am the least of what they are thinking about. I make a point to call them, offer to help and step  back when they don't need me. I don't get offended at all. It is not my God given right to see him. My daughter and her boyfriend are the best parents and he is an awesome Dad. What more can you ask for as a parent??  In the end, I do get to see and enjoy Joey. Being a pushy grandmother is not my style at all. But everyone's family dynamic is different. But I will communicate to my DD if I feel I am not seeing Joey enough.  She may not realize it. So yes, Alreadymarried, it is a 2 way street.  I agree strongly with you.  Have a good weekend everyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Clicked the computer on and probably this is the last I will get on it until tonight.

Glad to hear Joey is doing good, Amber. Wish we had the photo feature back so we could see a pic of him.  Same with Hats' new addition to their family.

Beautiful morning here, with a blue sky and the sun shining.  Heard the geese flying/honking overhead a few minutes ago, headed back down to the pond.  Do miss the sound of my little Harry out there talking to me, but I know from my neighbor he's OK.

Off to the shower and on to the making of the trifle and getting the pans of chicken/cheese ready to go.  Looking forward to their visit, and what will come out of Lilly's mouth today.  She's a hot ticket.

Enjoy your day everyone.  Pingo, if you're reading, hope you're having a great time.  Icer, glad to see you found the Soaps thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Good to see you amber and to hear Joey is doing well.  

Iknow, I wish we had the photo feature!!  It kinda works with the iPad, I think, but I can't figure out how to make photos small enough to fit in the box, not forcing scrolling.

Had a leisurely breakfast of leftover pancakes.  So easy!

DH is going out with the neighbor's son to help him evaluate a truck the "kid" wants to buy.  I'm still in my PJs with my second cuppa.

Not much to report, just wanted to check in and say hi.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Looks like a beautiful day!  I am heading to DD's today and can't wait : )  I wish the photo feature was fixed too.  I am off tomorrow for Patriots Day, so that is a treat. Have a wonderful day everyone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, how nice!  Have fun with the family, ambergirl, and off tomorrow.  The only thing I ever got for Patriot's Day was an easy commute. :)  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar!  I only have it off because I work in the Back Bay where the marathon is. Nightmare to commute home with all the extra people, so I am grateful for sure!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, that makes sense!  I think others less impacted by the route, though, get it off, too, because there was hardly anyone ever on the roads.  Gov't contractors don't tend to be generous with holidays.

Oh, here's the SUN!!!  Hoping it stays out for the rest of the day.  I've been feeling gloomy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Gloomy?  That's only because of that bra problem, Kargiver.  That's been a real hassle, it seems.

I'm done, I think.  Just set the table and have everything else ready.  Didn't need the 4th box of berries, in fact have some of the sliced/juicy ones leftover to drizzle on top of servings, if wanted.  Have some not too delicate wine glasses and have put them out for the kids to have their gingerale or root beer in.  GD mentioned that when I saw her at G.T.'s Easter - in - "remember how you used to give me a wine glass with ginger ale and a cherry in it, Nana?"  Her kids might get a kick out of it too.

Good you're not here if you're depending on the sun to cheer you, Kargiver, it's gone in and the sky is turning a dark grey.  Have had the TV on for company, but not really heard the weather, except I think I did hear rain at some point today.

Trash to take down cellar, but I'll leave that for my GD's husband.  He likes to be helpful.  And the salad I'll leave for her, she always likes to do that.  Only other thing is to get the cushions out of the toyroom closet for the folding chairs - kids can do that.  So, I'm ready - come on company!  Actually they probably won't get here much before noon.  I'll use the time to glance at the Globe.  Enjoy your sun, those who still have it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT hope you have a wonderful party.  Look at it this way; the bad weather will mean no one will want to be outside instead of partying!  I'm cleaning my desk and readying myself for a big shop today....would love to be invited somewhere but ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

TT hope you have a wonderful party.  Look at it this way; the bad weather will mean no one will want to be outside instead of partying!  I'm cleaning my desk and readying myself for a big shop today....would love to be invited somewhere but ....

Well, come on down, Hats!  I've certainly got more than enough food.  Looking at those 2 trays of chicken as I put them together - one full dish will certainly be going home with them.  My only problem is seating.  Small kitchen, small table, no dining room, they'll be 7 of us today and that number will just squeeze in comfortably.

As for the rain, we do want, or at least, I want, to get out to Marshall's.  Like to pick up things for the kids, but all except Lilly are getting to an age now, where it's kind of dangerous for me to choose tops.  We'll see how the day goes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, yes, that has put a damper on my spirit as of late, tt.  Who knew it could be so stressful a task?

tt - sounds like a nice hour ahead before the party begins - have a great day!!  I love the sturdy wine glass and ginger ale idea, very cute and fun.

hats, shopping day?  Sounds fun!  Maybe you can invite someone to go with you - I know I'd go. :)

ETA:  Oh, and the sun's appearance was fleeting here, and DH came in and informed me it's cold. Sigh.  Well, at least we can look forward to more Spring like temps later in the week.  I think I saw a 70 in the forecast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

When I said shopping, it was just for groceries!  But that's ok....

TT, how was the party?

The sky seems quite blue.  Looks like better weather today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone.  TT - looking forward to hearing the recap of your party yesterday.

Nice to hear from you Amber.  I bet you are just eating up every minute you have with little Joey.

I have to work today, but I bet it will be quiet. A lot of people take this week of because of school vacation.

Had a nice weekend.  Saw Mom, got her tax stuff taken care of, and DH and I went out to dinner Sat night with another couple, so that was nice.

Have a great day everyone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

We had a wonderful time yesterday, thanks for asking.  Everyone was in a happy mood, hungry, and full of compliments for the meal.  Love my GD's husband - he is just the most appreciative person I know.  The combination of cheeses (always different, depending on what I have in the house, or pick up) was just right, and I've got to write it down on the back of the recipe card, and oh, Hats, try: cubes of cake, fresh sliced strawberries in their own juice, instant french vanilla pudding, and cool whip.  It was so light, delicious.  We finished off one tray of the chicken at dinner, plus went into the 2nd, so I was glad I had made both.  Cleared the table and left the "boys" (GD's husband and 11 year old son) home while we headed out to Marshall's and Dollar Tree.  Found something for each of the kids in Marshall's, and we all picked up a few things in the Dollar Tree.  The "boys" were just waking up from naps when we got back and had trifle, whoopie pies, black raspberry cones - whatever suited our fancy.  Around 5:30 they left, leftovers in tow.  I always need my 3 meals a day, so ended up with an oatmeal bread and cream cheese sandwich.  Certainly was my day for cheese!

Glad you are doing better, Princess.

Breakfast time, and a day of doing washes.  Towel supply is down to 0.  Oh, we had one minor accident yesterday - pedastal on table split.  Not the first time that has happened.  I think the glass protection I have on top has always been too heavy for it.  A few years ago my son wood glued it back together again.  I was so grateful GD's husband was here, he put one of those straps around the base, holding it back together again, and got the glass off and set up behind the wicker couch out of harm's way.  I use the table, which is oak, for all my baking, so thinking now I'll have to keep a plastic cloth on it that can be wiped down like I did the glass, after each baking episode.

OK, enough from me this morning.  Hope you all enjoy this nice day off - and for those of you working, hope it's an easy day.  Looking forward to hearing from your DS, Winter!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good Monday morning to everyone!

DH got off to a late start this morning so here I am still in my PJs and needing to leave soon, but a quick hello. 

Princess, what a great weekend - so glad you are feeling well enough to do fun stuff with the family, and your mom is so blessed to have you and DH.

Hats, I'd have gone grocery shopping with you, too, but that wouldn't have been as fun as what I had in mind, you understand!

tt - what a GREAT day!!!  Naps, too?!  You must still be glowing from the joy of all the visiting and for how well everything came together.  Good thing GD's hubby was willing and able to take care of the table.

Hoping Pingo is having a blast in TX with the fam.

OK, off to the races!

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. At work today, with DS. We close at 12:30 today and it's bring your child to work day. Amber, so happy to hear from you and that little Joey is doing well. Hope you enjoyed your day with the yesterday. DS' project has been approved with organic vs. regular soil. We will be growing pea plants and we will measure and see if the organic soil gets the plants to grow faster then the regular. We will plant them when we get hom today, we bought the supplies yesterday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sounds like you had a great day yesterday. My mouth was watering over your menu. Glad your GD's husband was there to help you with the table.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Winter and DS,

Glad to hear the project was approved.  It will be fun to see how differently the plants grow with different soils.  How long a period does the test last?  Another of those times when I wish we had the photo capacity to see the difference in them.

Lazy morning for me, think I've been on such a treadmill the past few days, that I've switched down to low speed this morning.  Very little traffic going by, and I haven't seen any joggers.  All that's around is two seagulls, sitting on the corner house roof.

Want to get around and get started on those washes before the morning gets away from me. Enjoy your morning at work with Mom, Winter's DS, and have fun planting those pea seeds.

P.S.  Just saw your post when mine came up - yeah, I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't been here.  We had pulled the table away from the window to arrange the seating - thank heavens this happened after we were through the desserts - but I wouldn't have dared try to even push it back if I were here alone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, the final project is due May 21st, so we have 3.5/4 weeks for the plant. I beleive they should start to grow between 7-14 days. We are going to stick rulers in the plants that way we will get a good measurement as we go along. DS has asked if we can eat the peas when he is done. When I get home and after lunch and seed planting, I have to get started on the laundry.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Does the packet say how long before you actually get peas that are edible?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It doesn't say how long it takes to get peas. I'm hoping someone can tell me here.